The Rocket is on sale now.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know that's right !-- Too rich for my blood Hammy !-- I guess U saw what I'm working with ?-- I just posted a pic of it today !-- It's a heat transfer baseball cap press -- Cost me $125 -- It has one curved heat plate but the bottom side has a buffer pad that keeps me from getting the pressure I need !-- So I'm gonna make a duplicate of that buffer pad out of fiberglass and use a couple clamps to give me the pressure that the pivot point can't handle !-- I got the little mesh bags and stuff we just eat our trim as cannacaps and some bud too !-- Taking my time and waiting on some wiggle room and I don't produce much excess with the rotation right now !-- When the time comes I'll be ready !-- I plan to use that baseball cap press to pay for a proper press one day !-- For now ?-- I got something to work with !--

Interesting that the pressure is so low. A pressure of 1500 lbs spread over 9 sq inches is only about 167 psi. Makes me wonder if we really need something as powerful as a hydraulic jack or if something like Keef is using is enough. I saw a couple of units on e-bay when I first started looking that were made with aluminum and had a small (like 2 ton) jack, but was worried that the pressure would not be enough. A big advantage of aluminum and a small jack is the reduction in weight of the unit.

Mine is like you describe THG. 10 ton press over a 2 x 3 plate. Works quite well.

Last edited by a moderator:
The one we ordered is back ordered again. So if someone likes the one they have, let me know please.

It would be nice to buy something U don't have to modify !-- but -- If U can press oil out bud with a ladies hair straightening iron and a C-Clamp then I should be able to press oil with a curved heat plate over a solid fiber glass unheated bottom plate -- I can heat it up by turning the press on and closing the plates together till the bottom one is hot !-- I plan to up grade from C-Clamp to vice grip 'C'- clamps-- Turn the weed to dry ice hash and place pucks in a pair of "saddlebag" mesh bags and place it all in parchment paper -- Slide it in where the heat transfer decal would go -- lock down the handle and get out the clamps -- I squeeze da hell outta it and it got a heat controller with timer !
Just gotta get off my lazy a** and build that fiberglass baseplate !-- Take it off the press -- Make a plaster of Paris mold of it !-- Make sure to grease it so it'll come out the mold !-- Then take that plaster of Paris mold and fill it will shredded fiber glass matting and resin then let it set up !-- After a few days of curing I bake it to a higher temp than I'll ever use in the press to drive off any gasses !
Replace the soft bottom for the hard fiberglass copy and get out the clamps !-- It's a work in progress but far enough along to know how to make it work -- I saw a little oil like it is !-- One day I get me one like Umbra has but for now this what I got and I gotta make it work !

Latest posts

Back