sick fire ogs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gottaloveplasma

Reaction score
hello my fire ogs are lightening up very uniformly throughout plant very light green. They are in 20g smart pots. Full of blue ribbon blend potting soil. Gave them few servings of age old kelp. And 2 light bat guanno from e.j. Been mostly just on soil till transition outside. We started giving em the e.j. Water soluble bloom sea blast. Its like 3 26 22. Is this a lack of nitrogen. They have been getting like 1/2 - 1/3rd recommended dose fed approximately 4 times since transition outside. How should I fix?

It looks a little light colored to me. It I ha e no idea if it is something to be worried about.

Nitrogen Deffeciacy
I see it in the new growth.
Other then that they look great.

Its possibly a lack of nitrogen but I doubt it. MJ will rob needed Nitrogen from the bottom leaves if it needs it at the top. That looks to me like it needs some calmag additive. I would use some dolomite lime mixed into the medium and watered in. Give it about 5-8 days and it should darken up some.

Ive seen tomatoes do the same thing,,,added Nitrogen and the new growth was dark green. Ive had it happen to my grows,,so i still say Nitrogen,,but Hush is an excellent grower,,so give Calmag a try.

I could be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time :doh:
the good thing is that you can add both and cover all the bases, and it won't hurt anything. Although you have to be careful when adding more nitrogen during flower as that can cause the flowering to "pause" if you get too much nitrogen

It depends on several things. If you are in total organics or in organic medium and feeding synthetic nutrients then you can use dolomite lime. I'm not sure on the dosage but I would go with about 1/2-3/4 cup per container. Try to disperse it and work it into the soil as much as possible so that it can be watered in.

If you are wanting to get something to them quick, you could go with a calmag additive that is in liquid form. Some would scoff at using a synthetic calmag formula in an organic setup, but I don't think it would cause any issues as calcium and magnesium are more "rock based elements" than organic.

You could also use epsom salt in place of the lime but that is only magnesium and won't give you any calcium which is a needed component. I think the lime would serve you best all around for your setup. :)

Latest posts

Back