using dual 400 watt vs 1 1000 watt hps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duker

Reaction score
What would be better for a 4x4 area
Im thinking of growing tomatoes in a 4x4 area this winter
would 2 400 watt fixtures be better than 1 1000 watt fixture?

duker said:
What would be better for a 4x4 area
Im thinking of growing tomatoes in a 4x4 area this winter
would 2 400 watt fixtures be better than 1 1000 watt fixture?

No, no, hmmm ah no...., better light penetration from the 1K :p

I would say it depends on your style of growing. A few big plants would do better with the 1000w...IMO

ok you go to a mj forum to find out info on growing tomatoes i call :**: if your really doing tomatoes 1 400 is good if infact you are growing mj and just not saying it i say do the 1,000 or a 600 wither way you would be good.let us know how those tomatoes are

dr pyro said:
ok you go to a mj forum to find out info on growing tomatoes i call :**: if your really doing tomatoes 1 400 is good if infact you are growing mj and just not saying it i say do the 1,000 or a 600 wither way you would be good.let us know how those tomatoes are

I like tomatoes. Got a problem with that?

1000w is pretty intense for a 4'x4' area. I assume you have ventilation hoses and such to deal with the heat.

no problem. y so hostile i was just messin around maybe some mj is what you need.seriously now tomato forum is down alittle ways on the right

Gonna Eat That? said:
1000w is pretty intense for a 4'x4' area. I assume you have ventilation hoses and such to deal with the heat.

Yeah I would have ventilation 6 inch inline fan ducted outside

Just thinking that maybe 2 400s would cover the area well and would be supplying more light because it would be from 2 tangents

ok... I gotchya now, bud... get yerself a single 600W... 1K is overkill if yer doing a table or SOG :cool:

well the price was right for the extra 400 (430) hydrofarm unit i got it for 150 and the guy threw in a 2 foot t-5 fixture
now I added an a/c unit temps are going upwards to 90 without it

Area is 4w x 7l x 7h
ventilation is 2 ocillating fans
6 inch 208cfm inline ducted fan and I just added a 5000 btu a/c unit

If i can keep the temps in the 75-80 range will i get big tomatoes?

ive got a 600hps and a 400hps in my homebox xl(4.6x4.6x6.6).. temp is 75 all the time.. both lights have coolhoods.. the 600 has a 6" fan sucking the heat off the bulb, and the 400 has a 4" fan sucking the heat off...

both my units are all in ones
one is a hydrofarm 430 and the other is a sunleaves switchable
the ballasts are in the hood

The hydro farm has fittings where you can hook up a hose if you have an adapter the sunleaves has no fittings

The Hemp Goddess said:
Boy, those are going to be some expensive tomatoes!

I already know that when the time comes im selling one of the 400s and getting a 1000 or 600 with a cool tube or air flow hood

This is not working out the way I wanted. well at least i have a small a/c unit now

Latest posts

Back