Just Say No to Responsible Ohio initiative

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paid media rep for Responsible Ohio Lydia Bolander "scoffs" at Ohio Rights Group accusations.

She looks to be about 28 years old, pretty sure she's interested in a getting a piece of that big money pie they're offering, but they might want to consider finding a mature adult to deal with this issue.

http://hemp.org/news/node/5197

Are you sure that's a "she"? LOL

I notice some articles specify "spokesman" while others use the term "spokeswoman".

It's possible there may be some mild confusion in that person's life. LOL

Are you sure that's a "she"? LOL

I notice some articles specify "spokesman" while others use the term "spokeswoman".

It's possible there may be some mild confusion in that person's life. LOL

How she gender identifies means nothing to this issue, she's just a paid mouthpiece so that the big money guys don't actually have to say anything.

I came across people gathering sigs over the weekend. No one was over the age of 20, and when asked specific questions, they knew nothing beyond the word "legal". The petitions themselves look very similiar to the ORG petition, and I heard one woman asking specifically if it was a medical bill, she was told yes that it would apply to medical as well. I cleared up that little bit of ** on the spot.

I think I also got through to a couple of the kids they had working for them. I say working, because they are paid to gather the sigs, not volunteers.

Hello from the Team at ResponsibleOhio!

We just wanted to get in touch to talk about another way the ResponsibleOhio plan will benefit you and your future business. To help you get started on your own business plan, we want to talk about the differences between a medical marijuana dispensary and personal use retailers.

Unlike in states, like California, that decided to first legalize medical marijuana without addressing personal use, the ResponsibleOhio plan already puts Ohio on the path to full legalization. Ohio will make history and will be the first state to move from prohibition to complete legalization. Full legalization will benefit the patients who need immediate access for treatment, adult personal users, and entrepreneurs who would like to sell in these markets.

Legal users of marijuana for either medical or personal purposes will see the benefits of full legalization with separation of medical and personal use businesses in several ways. For patients, full legalization means that Ohio will have the largest non-profit network of medical marijuana dispensaries in the world. In Ohio, medical dispensaries will have the sole purpose of providing, tested, safe product for individuals in need of medical care. For other legal users, full legalization under the plan means that there will be over 1,100 retailers competing for their sales. This competition will ensure the best possible fully regulated product for Ohioans.

Although separated into Medical or Personal Marijuana uses, both types of retailers will benefit uniquely from the ResponsibleOhio plan. Medical marijuana dispensaries will have access to a buying market that will exclusively be patients seeking medical grade marijuana. There won't be any medical holdouts or people in the market purchasing medical marijuana when they should actually be buying from retail locations. Non-medical personal use retailers will enjoy the option to operate both a dispensary and retail establishment at the same location or separately. Combined retail and dispensary businesses will just need proper licensing and proper separate record keeping.

If you have any more questions about your future marijuana dispensary or retail business, you can always visit our website to read the full amendment and learn more about how the licensing process will work.

Thanks,

Ian & The RO Team

Paid for by ResponsibleOhio PAC

I went to the rally in Cleveland today. had a good time. police were very curtious.

This just kind of looks like "let big business take control of this before we even legalize it" type of legislation?

This just kind of looks like "let big business take control of this before we even legalize it" type of legislation?

That's exactly what it is THG. And, if it passes, big business will own cannabis in Ohio forever, no matter how the federal laws change, because it's being done as an amendment to the state constitution, not as a law that can be challenged.

If the Ohio voters say yes to an amendment to the state constitution, it cannot be challenged in court, and it must take effect within 30 days of voters saying yes.

shits starting to get a bit interesting here in ohio. we got what, 6 possibly heading to ballots over the next 2 years? and ohio politicians getting that medical weed thing passed soon to try and twart any further passing? lol

RO just got their first 300k signatures. They will shoot for at least double that before July 1st to allow for invalid signatures.

What no one seems to know except me.... (RO haters are going to love this) is that they changed the petition A LOT and carried the signatures from the other petition over to the new one. LMAO. These people are not dumb. I see that clear as rosin. LOL

One thing they closed was my cloning business. LOL If you remember right, I posted where they had a leak in their petition that allowed unlimited "non-flowering" plants. I saw a nice cloning business there. Well, they did too. LMAO

They also devised a way to keep the 10 growers fluid. The gave each a $100 bill and recorded the serial number. The holder of that bill with that serial number will be the grower. So, now, those investors that want to turn over and get out quick, can simply sell the treasury note to any one he wants...... for any amount of money. My guess is, that $100 could be worth a $mill on the market (considering the potential profit a grower could make).

Love these guys more and more every day. What a bunch of crooks... eh, ah, I mean Potrepreneurs. LOL

Capitalism at work in America. Gotta love this country. LMAO

I think your talking 2 different groups. I don't think RO has changed anything, BUT there is a new group that fits right in with what your talking about. they are called better for ohio. they basically just mimicked RO and changed some things around as you stated. last I heard about the 100 dollar bills was they were basically selling them for a 75k
" donation " to the cause but not sure about that. I get a lot of emails from norml since the rally downtown.

can they change a petition once its been approved or accepted without starting the whole process over? I wouldn't think so but......

heyyyyy. I should start a thread here with emails from norml I get.
NORML correspondances or something like that. just copy and paste

heyyyyy. I should start a thread here with emails from norml I get.
NORML correspondances or something like that. just copy and paste

I am for it. I would love to here what they have to say. NORML has always been pretty cool.

More criminal activity from Responsible Ohio workers.

http://chronicle.northcoastnow.com/2015/06/19/confrontation-alleged-marijuana-groups-meeting/

Last weekend my daughter was in a local bar and was offered a bag of shrooms if she signed. Then, the idiot signature gatherer gave her his business card! (She's hot, he probably thought he had a shot, lol) He's a mechanic working in Columbus.

I've reported this to the state's Attorney General and gave all the guy's info to them, we'll see what comes of it.

The same bunch is trying the same in Michigan. 2 proposals going for 2016. one is the same **** as in Ohio. the other is true activists . It's all about money now. But we will never be stopped until all pot laws are repealed and all conviction records cleared. It's not about pot it's about our rights.

Phrases inserted by Ohio Ballot Board designed to scare voters into a “no” vote, ResponsibleOhio officials say.
TNS REGIONAL NEWS
AUG 19, 2015

Backers of legalized marijuana for personal, medical, and commercial purposes vowed Tuesday to legally challenge ballot language they said is designed to scare voters into a “no” vote.
The Ohio Ballot Board voted 3-2 to insert phrases into the Nov. 3 ballot that suggest the proposed constitutional amendment would set up a monopoly for a chosen few.
The board meeting marked the first real battle in the campaign over legalizing marijuana as both sides jockeyed for position for wording they hoped would be more likely to sway voters’ opinions their way. The next battle will be before the Ohio Supreme Court.
The board included phrases like “endow exclusive rights” and “special tax rate” to suggest preferential treatment for a newly legal marijuana industry that the amendment seeks to create. Republicans supported the language while Democrats opposed it.
ResponsibleOhio, the nonprofit organization behind the amendment, contends its proposal is not a monopoly and does not extend “exclusive” rights to its beneficiaries. Although the locations of 10 growing locations would be locked down in the constitution, they argue the amendment would leave the door open for a new state panel to designate more locations later if it determines demand exceeds supply.
The amendment also would allow for the limited ability of individuals to grow four marijuana plants for personal use.
“The attempt to say this is about just 10 sites for growth, cultivation, and extraction is just dead wrong,” said Don McTigue, attorney for ResponsibleOhio.
The use of terms suggesting a monopoly or special treatment is seen as an advantage by opponents of the issue, particularly since the General Assembly has placed a separate competing amendment on the same ballot that would all but prohibit the writing of commercial monopolies into the constitution.
The opposition also plans to play up the monopoly angle in its ads, knowing that some who generally support legalizing pot don’t like ResponsibleOhio’s big business approach.
Issue 3 asks voters to allow those 21 and older to legally use marijuana and products made from it and to build a wholesale and retail merchandising system around the newly legal industry.
Elizabeth Smith, representing the newly formed coalition Ohioans Against Marijuana Monopolies, countered that the board’s terminology is necessary.
“Ohio voters have an absolute right to know that they will be granting exclusive rights, a monopoly, for the growth and sale of recreational, and medical marijuana, and marijuana edibles, such as cookies, candies, and lollipops,” she said.
Among other things, supporters of the amendment protested the board’s reference to “recreational” use of pot for individuals when the language of their amendment refers to “personal” use.
Republican Secretary of State Jon Husted, the board’s Republican chairman, said “recreational” is term commonly used to differentiate nonmedical use from medical use. But Mr. McTigue argued that it’s a loaded term designed to elicit a “no” vote.
“We don’t say [cigarette smokers] are engaged in recreational smoking of cigarettes,” Mr. McTigue said. “This is here for purely political advantage.”
The board also wrote the language that voters will see for Issue 2, the anti-monopoly amendment designed to undercut the marijuana question. Should both issues pass but the anti-monopoly gets more “yes” votes, Issue 2 would likely override the marijuana question.
It’s less clear what would happen if both pass but Issue 3 draws more affirmative votes. Mr. Husted has suggested that the anti-monopoly amendment would take precedent even under that scenario because constitutional amendments placed on the ballot by the General Assembly take effect immediately upon passage while citizen-initiated issues do not.
Either way, the issue would again likely end up before the state Supreme Court.
———
By Jim Provance - The Blade, Toledo, Ohio (TNS)
©2015 The Blade (Toledo, Ohio)
Visit The Blade (Toledo, Ohio) at www.toledoblade.com
Distributed by Tribune Content

I live in Texas,,,i just want Weed legal,,and i dont care how they do it ,,,,as long as they cant put my asssss in jail for smoking it. Big business is always gonna get thier hands into Big Business.

Latest posts

Back