Well Hello

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dogweed

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals. Just thought Id say hello before I start posting and asking advice.

My set up is a Mars Hydro 40x40" tent with 2 mars hydro 300w leds and a 600w HPS/MH. A bunch of fans and thermometers to keep the temps under control. Im using FoxFarm Nutrients and Ocean Forest for my soils.

So far I have had 1 semi successful grow in it. I say semi because I used bag seeds and started with 5 but ended with 1 female. I was also chasing a bunch of problems just trying to dial in the temps. Im on the 2nd floor on the south western side of the building, so the sun plays a big role. Currently Im running the MH/HPS at 50% with the 2 leds along side and have the temps settled in at 75-79. In the first grow I only used 1 led and was able to bump the HPS up to 75% with the same temps but was chasing random days where the temps would spike to 85. So far I believe Ive worked the spikes out as long as I watch the weather. 65 and cloudy is great, 60 and sunny not so great. I'll see what I can do when I get a new A/C in a week or so.

I'll probably start a grow journal soon so people can follow along and tell me where Im going wrong or right. It will also be my first time with autos. There's also a Ghost pepper in there to, I love hot peppers!

View attachment DSC_0378.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to Marijuana passion, glad you are here. Temperatures are hard for me to dial in, there are lots of folks to help you with that here. Glad you have one grow under your belt, isn't it so fun? Again, welcome.

DW glad your here, I am impressed with your sideways grow style. Peace

Thank you all.
yeah, I like to be different. I call it the centripetal force grow, where you spin the room fast enough to keep the buckets on the walls. Also keeps the plants short and bushy.
But really I tried rotating that picture every which way and every time I hit post, it ended up on its side. Don't know what was going on.
And yes, it is so much fun. Even when 80% of your grow turn out to be dudes having a my sack is bigger contest, and the one surviving female is the Quasimodo of the plant world. But now Im really excited that I have decent genetics rather random bag seeds from 10 years ago.

Welcome to MP. I think that you are going to be very happy with good genetics.

Hahahahaha I was just giving you a hard time, might have to rotate picture prior to uploading it? Welcome, this is a great place to be. Peace ;)

Latest posts

Back