New grower and introducing myself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pebadee

Reaction score
Hello MP. Just signed up here and have been lurking sites and forums for the past year and finally bit the bullet and started my first grow. Anyhow, just thought I say hi.

Welcome to MP and growing. It is a great adventure and there is nothing like smoking your own.

Thanks for the welcomes. I have yet to smoke my own Hemp Goddess. I have a permit to grow 24 but the city I live in allows only 6. Like I stated above, I researched for a year and decided on six plants in 30 gallon fabric pots growing in organic soil. I'm just waiting for one to finish up and the rest are just filling up the branches. I never in my entire life, would ever thought I can grow anything. Thanks again.

Nice man welcome! I am using 25gal Fabric pots and Organic No-Till soil methods. Definitely the way to go in my opinion! Have you sourced your fabric containers yet? If not, here is the cheapest price I could find for high quality fabric containers. In terms of fabric containers, I have used Smart Pots, Geo Pots, Spring Pots, Eco Pots, & am currently using Root Pouches. Out of all the variants of fabric containers, the boxer brown Root Pouches are my favorite.

http://www.greenhousemegastore.com/...abric-pot-longest-lifespan/biodegradable-pots

Also here is a good link showing why it's better to go with the larger pots we've chosen to go with. Way faster Veg times in the larger containers vs smaller, more than double the growth rate!

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/07/120701191636.htm

Hope all is well with you and yours man! Happy growing!

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1442242980027.jpg Here's a clone sold to me as Kush Dreams and the other filling in are Strawberry Kush.
I screwed up somewhere during transplant and stunned the babies. I'm moving my next batch indoors. I'll be doing a grow journal here and soon as I decide on how I'm going about it.

Welcome to our home! Wow, lovely beautiful cola here.. thanks for posting. Great picture.

Thanks for the links nIXne. I'm sure to do my next run in fabric pot again. I was planning on converting my guest room. Originally, I was thinking 6 but I may keep that down to 4 because I had just discovered the scroging method. The rest of the room will be for drying and hold a mother or two.

Thanks for the links nIXne. I'm sure to do my next run in fabric pot again. I was planning on converting my guest room. Originally, I was thinking 6 but I may keep that down to 4 because I had just discovered the scroging method. The rest of the room will be for drying and hold a mother or two.
Nice, how big is the guest room dimensions wise? I can very easily fill a 4x4 SCROG screen with one plant per 25gal pot. So I know you would be able to do a 3x3, 4x4, or 5x5 screen per 30gal container if needed. I am working on getting a thread going, just typing everything up at the moment. But I am running in a 10x16 room and have created 3 rooms inside of that room. 2 alternating Veg and Flower areas, an area for my cloning, pheno hunting, and mom's. Then have the rest of the room available for drying/curing and workspace.

NIXne, the dimensions are very similar to yours. So if I decide to use my 30 gal pots again and scrog, it can fill a 4x4 screen? How high up should the netting be? By the way, I have planning on running leds.

NIXne, the dimensions are very similar to yours. So if I decide to use my 30 gal pots again and scrog, it can fill a 4x4 screen? How high up should the netting be? By the way, I have planning on running leds.
Oh definitely! I haven't used a SCROG "screen" just yet in the current space, but the training that I do is very similar. I will set up some 4x4 SCROG screens here for this next run so we can see for sure. The screen will be about 13 to 15 inches above the soil line. However here are some pictures of what I've got going on now for size comparison. LOL, I only use LEDs so we will definitely have a similar set up going on!

Here is a Kali Chakra three weeks away from harvest under a SolarECLIPSE-350 (350w total draw). She was vegged for 40 days under a SolarSPEC-150 (150w total draw). She is currently 5'x4' around and 6' tall.

Start of flower:
View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1442250275484.jpg View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1442250291439.jpg

Day 45 of flower:
View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1442247852045.jpg View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1442249524505.jpg View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1442249446210.jpg View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1442249643215.jpg View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1442249557206.jpg

Just harvested a Wizards Fire from under a SolarECLIPSE-220 (220w total draw). Unfortunately had to cut her early due to time constraints. She was 4'x3' around a 6.5' tall. First time running her and she has a crazy stretch!

Start of flower, 50 day Veg under a SolarSPEC-150.

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1442250701083.jpgView attachment uploadfromtaptalk1442250712283.jpg

Harvested @ 55 days.

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1442250575174.jpg View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1442250603486.jpgView attachment uploadfromtaptalk1442250611040.jpg

In Veg I've got this girl getting ready to flower. Blackwater, 5'x4' around.

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1442251166598.jpg

All just depends on the veg times and how diligent you are with your training. Like I said though, I'll set up some 4x4 SCROG tables and see roughly how long it will take to fill.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1442249701739.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 57
Welcome to MP. Glad you could join us. That is a nice frosty cola.

Latest posts

Back