CG's Reveg.....8 plants revegging and 2 mammas 8)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CasualGrower

Reaction score
Welcome everyone to my 3rd Grow Journal,

First off I would like to thank Puffin Afatty for inspiring me to try this little experiment... Though i will get no where his yield off one plant, because of genetics. I am hoping to increase my yield off my lil Indicas....

Most of you that have followed my grows before know my set up..... I run 12 5 gallon Home De-Pot buckets in a DWC setup with a BIG airpump for O2.... For this grow I will be running only 10 plants though... I will choose 8 out of the 12 plants that I am harvesting now to reveg and will add my 2 mothers to this grow.......( I have new genetics on order.. Hopefully they get here.... But if not.. the reveg option is quite interesting...)

For Nutrients I will be using the tried and true Botanicare line...... For the vegging I am using

Problend Grow
Cal/Mag
Liquid Karma

I will also use hydroguard but I am out of it atm.... so the first set will not have that.

To start this journal.. let's HARVEST!!!!! I have 6 plants harvested and 4 plants in the grow room reset.... I will harvest the othe 6 tomorrow and reset the other 4 at that time....

I hope I have trimmed these girls correctly for the reveg .. PA pls chime in and tell me what you think. I have been advised that new growth for a reveg will come from the bud areas and to properly trim for that to leave the lower buds on the plant....... so that is what I am trying...... Light to start will be 24/7.

Lets get some pics though!!!!

start 001.jpg

start 002.jpg

start 003.jpg

start 004.jpg

start 005.jpg

start 006.jpg

start 007.jpg

start 008.jpg

nice job CG:hubba: .looks like a very nice harvest.:hubba: . all the re-veg is looking good to in the pics'. remind me again, how long did this last grow go for?
good luck man. got my seat.:D ...

banjobuzz said:
nice job CG:hubba: .looks like a very nice harvest.:hubba: . all the re-veg is looking good to in the pics'. remind me again, how long did this last grow go for?
good luck man. got my seat.:D ...

The last grow took about 8.5 weeks to bloom and vegged for 6 weeks before... The cuttings were put in the cloner two week prior to that..... So total is about 16 weeks....

I am hoping to basically cut out the cloning process all together. It will stretch out my harvests to evey 12 weeks or so. but I am hoping the increase in yield per plant will make up for the extra 4 weeks.:rolleyes:

Well I got up at about 5 am this morning and finished up the harvest... WOW... Got plenty of bud hanging on the laundry line heh.... In that pic.. that is about 10 ft of bud:hubba: ... not too bad for bagseed;) .....

Well my girls look pretty ugly for the moment... I am hoping I did not chop too much off them and that they get back to vegging soon.... I almost feel like I abused them heh. well what you look like if ya got chopped off at about the waist heh.:rolleyes: ..

Anyway, got a few more pics here since I got the chop done... I will move the mothers into the room soon.... Maybe in a few days...

Enjoy and thanks for stopping by.:D

starter 001.jpg

starter 002.jpg

starter 003.jpg

starter 004.jpg

starter 005.jpg

mornin' CG. you been a busy beaver this AM.:hubba: i got a ?. when you change your nute solution, do you just have some x-tra buckets that you fill with your 'tea', and simply move everything from one bucket, to the other?
i want to do a DWC grow so bad. the only thing stopping me is a TDS meter. can you maybe recommend a good (cheap) one?
hopin' this re-veg works out for you friend. what new strains you got coming? Green Mojo...

:hubba:
banjobuzz said:
mornin' CG. you been a busy beaver this AM.:hubba: i got a ?. when you change your nute solution, do you just have some x-tra buckets that you fill with your 'tea', and simply move everything from one bucket, to the other?
i want to do a DWC grow so bad. the only thing stopping me is a TDS meter. can you maybe recommend a good (cheap) one?
hopin' this re-veg works out for you friend. what new strains you got coming? Green Mojo...

Yea.. had to get busy:hubba: .... when doing water changes, I just have an empty bucket there and I take the plant with the lid and transfer it to the empty bucket... Let it sit there while I Mix up the new brew for the girl... once filled, PH'd and Nuted I just sit her back on the bucket.. take it to the grow and put the airstone in and let he get back to work.

To be honest, I dont really use my TDS meter much anymore.... I mix up my tea using Marinade needles so I can get a pretty exact measurement of each ingredient for each bucket. For example, this mix I am starting off with, I fill my buckets all up to the same point... My tap TDS is 220ish... I added 1 oz of pro grow.. and a half each of Liquid Karma and Cal/Mag... brought my TDS up to around 750 for the mix. Once I got the hang of about how much to mix in each bucket.... I just kinda wing it now on my mixes for the most part..... But for a cheap TDS meter.. I just use the Sunleaves tds Pen Meter...It's VERY cheap and NOT waterproof.. So dont drop it... but it gets the job done.

I have Nirvana's Big Bud, Cali Orange, White Widow and New Purple Power on order from the Doc.:hubba:

meter.jpg

WOW Been a rough 4 days for the garden... Thanks to Hurricane Ike... My power was out for almost 4 days. Neighbor had a generator up and going for 12 hrs a day and running a few houses refrigerators.... so I added a couple floros for the kid and the air pump.... Not ideal... BUT you take what you can get heh... But the power is back on and I found out that one of my HPS ballasts got fried... so I will have to rebuild it.. bleh.. half the garden still on floros...

PS... Got good news from the Dr.... I HAVE INCOMING!!! GRREEAT!!!:D

Howdy, Thought I would give yas a lil update....

Well I think the girls weathered the storm pretty well... they had a lil 36 hour dark period followed by some really erratic scheduled Floro lights till the power came back on. Then I found that I lost one of my HPS lights bleh..... so some still been under floros, but hey.. They are Vegging so no biggy 8).

Anyway... they have been back under good light now for about 6 days.... and I THINK I see some new growth... I am not certain yet.... but I think so... Some of the older leaves and vegetation is starting to wither a lil but not too badly which I was forewarned would happen.... So it appears that all is not lost though....

Thanks for checking in and I will follow up with some pics when there is more to look at :D .

well we are 1 week into the reveg..... First 3 pics are from a couple days ago.. the rest are from today... Looks like the girls are dropping their old foilage and getting ready to start growing again.

well the FTP for uploads seems not to be working.. will try to post them later.

CasualGrower said:
Well here they are for the most part..... I think the first one I was trying to upload was corrupted.

dont you just hate when that happens :rofl:

Looking good :aok:

Puffin Afatty said:
dont you just hate when that happens :rofl:

Looking good :aok:

Heh, that one pic was muckin up the batch LOL....

Thank ya PA.. hoping to start seeing some big growth the next few days :D

hey CG. man, that sucks over losing your power. did you get the hps reworked yet? do it yourself? good luck on the next several days'. here's hoping they all start getting down to buisness as usual. GREEN MOJO...

banjobuzz said:
hey CG. man, that sucks over losing your power. did you get the hps reworked yet? do it yourself? good luck on the next several days'. here's hoping they all start getting down to buisness as usual. GREEN MOJO...

HAHAHA The light... There is a funny story there heh.... Well I was just in the basement about an hour ago wiring up a new ballast kit... I got all the connections done and thought, lets test it..... I plugged it in and the ballast hummed and there was no light ..... I guess the old ballast was not bad at all and my bulb must have been blown.... I will have to get a new bulb and try it... If that is the case.. I guess I will have a 3rd 400 watt HPS system for use as a back up.

I did separate the incorporated ballast on that Floralux 400 and turned it into a remote ballast... Nice light, but it was way too heavy to adjust inside the grow room. Should be a LOT easier now. I just have to rig a mounting system to afix the ballast, ignitor and capacitor to.... The old compartment that was on the light would not fit the new capacitor (much larger). Not sure what to use just yet , but I will rig sumtin up.

looks good casualgrower.i would one day like to try the reveg.gotta kinda cool it around here for a while anyway.thanks for the pics

Latest posts

Back