Sunakard Tent Grow 2014

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and now here are a few pics of my Satori Clones and Nurse Larry.
the first pic is of my Satori Clones they are coming along nicely really starting to take root in their new pots and exploding with growth,
the rest of the pics are of the Nurse Larry, a few together shots and then each individual with the very last pic being my #3 Nurse Larry plant, the one that did something very weird when i though it auto topped but rather i dont know what the heck it did lol... first time for everything i suppose, right at the node in the middle of the pic i have 3 leaves growing out of the same node (instead of 2) and one itsybitsy tiny "branch" which becomes a leaf, so all in all its basically 4 leaves from the same node, very odd to me...

View attachment CIMG0784.JPG

View attachment CIMG0783.JPG

View attachment CIMG0785.JPG

View attachment CIMG0786.JPG

View attachment CIMG0787.JPG

View attachment CIMG0788.JPG

View attachment CIMG0789.JPG

View attachment CIMG0790.JPG

hey Rosebud, and i guess any other experienced Nurse Larry growers... simply based on the 4 pictures before the last (weird branch - leaf) what would you say i have phenotype wise? since i havnt grown it out before myself i cant really tell which pheno is which lol... not that it really matters all that much but it would be nice to confirm of the 4 which has which pheno...

yay more update posts right in a row from only me... woot. lol...

so during my morning coffee/smoke i checked in on my Satori in flower right now... as expected more and more pistils and just starting to really go hog wild and blast out everywhere, but the older pollinated pistils are doing precisely what i want, YAY shriveling and curling back into the calix WOOT WOOT!!! looks like them seeds are just starting out, i totally cant wait till i get some nice beans for the future.

everything else is looking very nice and progressing perfectly, the satori clones are starting to show an ever so subtle even lightening in green so they are asking for food, today will be the first nute solution for everything in veg, the satori clones and my 4 nurse larry. another 3 weeks or so and they should be ready to transplant from their veg pots into 3gal grow bags and get ready for flower. things sure are coming along beautifully now that i got more going then just one lonesome female satori...

most likely wont get any pic updates till next weekend since nothing much has changed, 3 satori clones and the 4 nurse larry are still recovering from their toppings, so growth is a tad slow at the moment even though they are starting to bush out nicely... ill update soon

well ill get a pic update sometime this week... but news... WE HAVE SEEDS!!! WOOOOT!!! i was doing my usual morning coffee/smoke break and looking over everything as i do every morning... the calyxes which were pollinated are already about 3-4 times the size of any other calyx on the plant... pistils on said calyxes are brown/orange, shriveled and pulling back into the calyx... assuming they take 4 weeks to mature i should have viable seeds by valentines day Fed 14th-ish... this is actually very cool to see, what an experience making seeds is, im absolutely tickled pink that things are coming along perfectly and im actually seeing super swelled calyxes, i just cant wait till fed 14th, its going to be interesting picking seeds off the plant lol...

in other news, i defoliated the heck out of my Satori Clones and Nurse Larry plants that in combo with the toppings i did last week has really caused them to bush out like crazy, they were growing just fine but werent really bushing out much, but taking off those big lush fan leaves just caused an explosion in all under growth, what was a tiny thin tree looking is now more bushy christmas tree looking. they are all coming along so nicely so im very happy, knock on wood, but i havnt had much issues at all this go around which is just awesome... nice to know that although i took like a year break from growing i didnt really get set back at all, its as if i never stopped growing lol...

again pics to come soon, most likely near the end of the week/weekend

Nice SK.... can not wait to run the Nurse Larry I Have :)

Satori and Nurse Larry.......... mp is rubbing off on you.......... looking forward to watching your LED grows.:48:

It's pretty cool your going to have a bunch of seeds soon! I have always wanted to try a breeding program, just to see what I get. Excited to see some pics!

G13, yes MP has rubbed off on me quite a bit... everyone for years has been talking about Satori and i just had to jump on that band wagon lol... when so many people swear by it its gotta be really good lol... ooh also im not really growing with only LEDs, i know my avatar pic is very missleading, that is actually my very first plant ever, God Bud, it was a bag seed from my buddy that just happened to be a female and turned out amazing, she was started and finished with only LEDs and boy ooh boy what a strong finish she had... still some of the best bud iv grown... i just cant bring myself to changing out the avatar, but i am currently vegging with a 4bulb 4ft T5 fixture and flowering with a 600watt HPS and 2 135 LED UFOs to boost the light in flowering since my tent is a tad big for only the 600watt HPS, im right around the light levels i need, in all honesty i could use another 135 watt LED UFO and it would push me just slightly over whats required but iv had great results with my current setup so no real need to change anything...

Killertea, if you decide to ever start breeding make sure you do a ton of research and plan ahead properly... the biggest downfall of breeding is the possibility of actually diluting or weakening the strain, i personally had purchased some Satori seeds from Mandala a few years ago and when i started up growing again i had only 5 seeds left over, all 5 germed perfectly but while moving stuff around i killed 2 of the 5... and of the remaining 3, 2 were male and only one was female, so i picked the better of the 2 males and breed it with the single female, attempting to breed the males compact structure into the next generation of seeds, since i KNOW for a fact that Satori from Mandala has very stable genetics the likely hood of weakening the strain is so very low im not really worried especially since the Satori from Mandala is NOT a first generation strain, they have breed the best of the best multiple times to solidify and strengthen the strain. you must be patient and make sure to pick only the best of the best as to not weaken the next generation... but i gotta say it is pretty darn cool to not only fully flower a male but also breed with said male... its a totally different experience and really kinda fun to see as it progresses... mainly besides the structure i want i was breeding for seeds as i dont really want to spend another $125+ on a measly 10 seeds when i can do it myself for free and hopefully find a short compact female in this next generation...

Agreed^^^^ I have Satori, Hashberry and Ganesh from Mandala seeds. I'm not yet in a place to pop a bunch of beans and veg out all of them to find males. In the very near future I will hopefully grow some monsters! Cheers! Green MOJO coming your way!

so iv still got a ton to do today before ill have a chance to snap some pics... but i figured id do a little update on things...
first off THANK YOU you mysterious glorious man person you, you know who you are, whom shared some amazing strains with me that iv been wanting to have for years now...
i now have 4 amazing strains in veg, Satori, Nurse Larry, Buckeye Purple (FINALLY!! HA HA!) and Icookies.... again THANK YOU!!! you know who you are since i wont name names cuz im cool like that hahahaha...

so anywho, my 6 Satori Clones are doing amazing, the most recent 3 to be topped have just about fully recovered from the topping and are starting to really bush out.

also the 4 Nurse Larry are doing amazingly well... unfortunately one of the 4 has expressed himself... yup its a MALE... EEW so he got the Axe... the other 3 are doing just perfectly and have yet to show sex... so of the 3 that are remaining i have 2 that are taller and nodes are further spaced out, and one of the remaining 3 is about 2 inches or so shorter and far far more compact/bushier which is honestly what i love, i love the short and compact plants, just easier to work with and manage then them tall gangely ones...

in other news the Satori in flower at the moment is doing GREAT!!! she has gotten though the stretch phase and can i say :holysheep: Satori really doesnt stretch all that much does she... thats awesome especially from a Satori that wasnt really short and compact in structure so im super happy with it... also the seeds... OMG THE SEEDS they are getting HUUUUGE!!! i kinda lost count lol there are a bunch i wanna say about 30+ for sure... in another 2 weeks or so i think they might be just about ready for the picking... then they can start their drying phase and soon i can start hunting for that compact and monster huge fan leafed female... i cant wait...

again to you mysterious and amazing people whom have shared some amazingly solid genetics with me THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! you all are AMAZING!!!

now back to work i go hi ho hi ho LOL... ill post up a spam of pics later today

Well finally got some time to snap and post some pics... lets see where to start?!?! iv got so much going on now, well kinda, more then before, and a nice handful of awesome gear...

i guess we will start with some Vegging stuffs... Satori Clones, the 3 on the left side, will be transplanted into 3gal grow bags on Wednesday, ill be leaving the 3 on the right for another week or so until they fully recover their topping and blast new growth. keep in mind they were JUST watered about 30min-1hr ago... they do NOT keep that clawed look, takes 4-6 hours and they will declaw and perk up at attention...
View attachment CIMG0796.JPG

Next pics are from above of each of the 6 Satori Clones, the first 3 are the ones being transplanted in a week or 2, the last 3 are on Wednesday
View attachment CIMG0802.JPG
View attachment CIMG0803.JPG
View attachment CIMG0804.JPG
View attachment CIMG0805.JPG
View attachment CIMG0806.JPG
View attachment CIMG0807.JPG

Nurse Larry, one of the 4 was a male as i said before so he got the axe, the other 3 here have yet to show sex, so fingers crossed...

Also notice the one on the right and the one in the back are about 3 inches taller now then the one in the front, but the one in front is much more compact and bushier which i like so hopefully its female...
View attachment CIMG0797.JPG
View attachment CIMG0798.JPG

Now im happy to present... Buckeye Purple and Icookies. i obtained a clone of each, the Icookies is the best of the best or so iv been told, not only is it a good strain but apparently this particular cut is the cream of the crop out of thousands... so im hoping it lives up to the hype.
i couldnnt be happier with BEP, ever since i saw it on this forum site years ago i fell in love, i just love the purple buds, there is just something about the rainbow of colors as i look at a packed bowl ready to spark it up... so FINALLY iv obtained that BEP that iv longed for for so many years now lol...

Buckeye Purple
View attachment CIMG0799.JPG

Icookies
View attachment CIMG0800.JPG

Alright now for the fun part... FLOWERING WOOT WOOT... but first i must get back to my Breeding project that is only a few weeks away from being finished, now that the Calyx's are ridiculously huge due to seeds maturing its much easier to see and count them, im around 40+ for sure... hopefully they all mature properly.

so first up are a few close up shots showing only a few of the growing seeds.
View attachment CIMG0813.JPG
View attachment CIMG0815.JPG
View attachment CIMG0816.JPG

Now for an overall look at my Satori girl in full swing, shes finished up the stretch phase of flowering, and might i say... WOW she did NOT stretch as much as i thought she would from reading and seeing pics around the site from others journals... she really surprised me since her structure was no where near as compact as the short and dense male, but hey shes still a beauty...
Last pic is a close up of one of her main tops. shes gonna be a nice dense girl...
View attachment CIMG0808.JPG
View attachment CIMG0809.JPG
View attachment CIMG0810.JPG
View attachment CIMG0811.JPG

haha thanks, you and me both brother... i cant wait for that first amazing bowl... but thats still a few months away, the proverbial ball is just starting down hill, before long ill be swimming in a sea of buds just to water one plant lol, my tent looks so sparse with only one plant in there... soon though soon more shall follow.

things are coming along nicely, the flowering satori is starting to have a smell besides green, she smells sweet like candy, im sure the smells will mature as she flowers but id be ok with sweet candy too lol,
my BEP and Icookies have about doubled in size, finally got a good hold in their veg pot and the growth is just exploding
i transplanted 3 of my 6 satori clones into 3gal grow bags and tied them down a bit to open them up and just 14 hours later they are all corrected and growing upwards again, gonna be nice and bushy. the other 3 satori clones are just about finished with recovery from topping and are starting to explode with more top growth.
the 3 Nurse Larry i have are looking good too, 2 are tall and less compact then the 3rd which is about 3-4 inches shorter then the other 2. iv already axed one male and it looks like i might have another male, another tall one in fact, so iv really got my fingers crossed that the shorty is female, cuz its looking great, super bushy with all branches except the 4 tops from a FIM, are all the same height, nice even canopy from all branches, if it is in fact a female, she is totally a keeper,.. the other tall one has yet to show sex, again hoping for a female but iv got a feeling its gonna be a male as well...

ill update with pics this weekend, in just a short time a lot has changed, i love this part of growing, having a bunch going and seeing it all take off like gang buster,.. but i still can hardly wait for the best part of all, the smoking part lol!

I just looked at those pic's up there. I love the one withe the trichome infested calyx, amazing.

yeah its funny, so far the most trichomes are on the seed calyx's and some tiny little sugar leaves starting to grow in... mid feb and i should have viable mature seeds, i know as soon as they are usable ill be popping a handful in an attempt to find a fat leaf and short compact female. i just loved the males structure and utter lack of much stretch, not that my current female stretched all that much but i do like the compact bushes rather then tall trees that require tying down and spreading apart to get them to bush and stay shorter, if i didnt tie down the female i have she would easily like 5ft tall rather then just about 2.5ft

BLAAAARGG!! been soooo busy this weekend i didnt get a chance to snap some pics, im about to crash at the moment lol... well today i topped both the Icookies and BEP, yesterday i took 2 clones from the Icookies, its just growing so fast i was able to take the lower 2 branches already so in a week or so then should be rooted maybe longer but eeh more is more lol... i also looked through all 3 of my remaining Nurse Larry, well make that 2 remaining Nurse Larry... they both appear to be female, but its still a tad early to tell but im pretty sure im seeing pistils, one of the taller phenos and the short stocky pheno both appear to be female YAY!!! so they will be transplanted in a week or so and veg for another 2 weeks then Nurse Larry finally goes into flower, i so cant wait... the 3 Satori i transplanted last week and tied down are doing great, another week or so and they are ready to pop into flower, maybe 2 weeks+ to be honest, id like them to at least double in size first before they do into flower.
in other news the flowering Satori is really stacking on the buds, its starting to look much fuller already, i foresee large dense nugs from this gal, and probably over 1.5-2oz, or so id assume based on how well every bud site is doing, not to forget the 30-40 something seeds ill be getting too, i was curious how they were doing so yesterday i picked one off just to see, mostly still a greenish seed, but the browning and hardening of the shell is starting, about 1/3 of the seed was light brown already and the every bit of the shell was hard, it took a bit of force to break it open... so they are coming along very very nicely... and the trichomes are starting to grow in more and more each day... ill try to get some pics tomorrow (monday) and get them posted up if i have the time but it looks like another jam packed day so we will see...

Latest posts

Back