My first hydro grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budz4me

Reaction score
Hey guys, its been a while since I have been on these forums, but I am back...and now own a ph and ppm meter (golf clap). I cannot believe I actually got a decent product without them.

Here is my setup:

12' x 12' room
2' x 4' x 6' Tent for veg (Apollo 400W MH/HPS cooltube)

The other side of the room is tarped off and painted flat white (Roughly 4' x 10' x 7'H)

In this section I have 2 Hydrofarm hoods each with a 600W bulb (HPS as this will be my flowering area)

Venting is done by a 6" blower that feeds to the flowering area with a huge charcoal filter and is controlled by a fan speed controller (adjusts frequency...not voltage....VERY IMPORTANT!!!)

The veg tent has the same but with a 4" blower.

This leaves me with a nice 4-5' area in the middle to walk in and I have a table and all sorts of cabinets to store my stuff in.

Odor control is mainly done by a whole home purifier....Top Tech Air Knight.....being an HVAC professional I have seen this little baby work wonders in the field....and my last run I put it in..and within 30 minutes you couldn't smell even cigarettes ( I never smoke those in the home...but I did to test it)

I have an ebb&flow set up in my veg tent.....then they will get moved to DGF's DIY DYC set-up once ready.

I plan on using Flora Nova 1 part series and superthrive.

Sounds great! What you plan on growing?

Right now I am growing my last 2 auto seeds left over from last years, Nirvanas NL and Bubblicious.

I have on order from attitude some lemon kush, white widow, and white grapefruit something or other. I figure by the time those come in I can get them in with the autos to veg, and just move them over when ready, that way I don't have to worry about moving the autos, or messing up the 20/4 light schedule.

I have not tried lemon kush, but think it sounds just delicious. A lot of people will throw an auto or 2 in with their vegging plants to have something to smoke while they are waiting for the flowering plants to finish.

this sounds like a nice setup :D i find that placing a sink in the walking area of my growroom is a must. even have one in my greenhouse

Yes, a sink is a really good idea, if at all possible. My flowering room is off my master bathroom , so I use that. I have a laundry sink outdoors, next to my potting table. Considering putting one in my spare room where I will eventually end up growing. Going to do a master bathroom remodel sometime soon.

I luckily have a large sink right next to my laundry room.....bout 15' from my room. Unfortunately I dont think I can put one in, without putting a pump underneath of it, there are no rough-ins in my basement.

why don't you make a drain that goes from your room 15' to the drain of the laundry sink?

this sounds like a nice setup :D i find that placing a sink in the walking area of my growroom is a must. even have one in my greenhouse

Yes, a sink is a really good idea, if at all possible. My flowering room is off my master bathroom , so I use that. I have a laundry sink outdoors, next to my potting table. Considering putting one in my spare room where I will eventually end up growing. Going to do a master bathroom remodel sometime soon.

I luckily have a large sink right next to my laundry room.....bout 15' from my room. Unfortunately I dont think I can put one in, without putting a pump underneath of it, there are no rough-ins in my basement.

..............I envy every single one of you.

I have two 55gal res setups. No sink, no water. Granted, I do run a hose up there. :D

LOL and I envy anyone who can drop $1200 on LED lights without a bank loan...

...and just a few days ago, another $1050 on two Hydrofarm Grow Flow systems!

:D

I would have a sink, IF I had someone that could plumb it. But alas, I do not trust anyone around here in my area.

Tis a shame a nifty, 60 something year old female plumber couldn't live around here. Tee hee! :)

...and just a few days ago, another $1050 on two Hydrofarm Grow Flow systems!

:D

I would have a sink, IF I had someone that could plumb it. But alas, I do not trust anyone around here in my area.

Tis a shame a nifty, 60 something year old female plumber couldn't live around here. Tee hee! :)

oh come on, can't you plumb it yourself? make an external connection it's quite straight forward

oh come on, can't you plumb it yourself? make an external connection it's quite straight forward

Hahhahahahaha, you have noooo idea (no offense being said when I say that!) :D

My situation is... situational. :aok:

LOL, if I have learned anything in my plumbing career it is never to think anything will be straightforward. Sometimes the jobs that you are dreading the worst go the smoothest and something as simply as changing a faucet out can become a nightmare.

LOL, if I have learned anything in my plumbing career it is never to think anything will be straightforward. Sometimes the jobs that you are dreading the worst go the smoothest and something as simply as changing a faucet out can become a nightmare.

so that's why plumbers are never present on the appointed time...

yall are hilarious!

That 15' is straight line, to actually install a drain it would be like 30' equivalent length. The sink would have to be around my shoulders to get the pipe high enough to clear my furnace room area....the return duct backs against the wall, and I cannot go in front of it. That would make the sink I would install too high up to really be useful.

I do have a pump that attaches to my drill that works well, and I plan on getting a 115v pump to just get it over to that sink.

Latest posts

Back