Closet Grow Just for Kicks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fiction

Underdog
Reaction score
Hi MP,
Last month was my first time posting on here in a long time. Wanted to reintroduce myself and give a quick run down on what I had planned for my small closet grow. I got a lot of great replies and want to thank everyone that replied for the welcoming. I also wanted to wait until I had a little more going on before starting a journal. So here's where I'm at now:
400w MH hung over a 5 x 2.5 sectioned off closet.
Popped 13 beans into solo cups filled with sunshine mix.
Transplanted into 1 gallon fabric pots filled with "Stonington Blend" by Coast of Maine (More on that later)
I'm about a month into Veg and waiting for them to show sex.

Strains: All from old stock 2008ish
5x- Stardawg IX (Chem4 x Tres Dawg) by Topdawg Seeds

6x- Blue Mystic (Blueberry x Northern Lights I THINK) by Gypsy Nirvana

2x- Heavenly (Romulan x C99) by The Master Thai

I'll go into more details in my next update. stay tuned more to come!

Here's a pic (sorry bad camera)

View attachment 100_2897.jpg

looks good, is this the light that you plan to flower with? it would suffice for 8 squared feet for flowering, but for veging you're fine with the current setup :aok:

They are looking nice and green. Keep up the good work. Just playing the waiting game now.

looks good, is this the light that you plan to flower with? it would suffice for 8 squared feet for flowering, but for veging you're fine with the current setup :aok:

Thanks Zem! yeah its a small light, I just plan on just switching over to an HPS bulb when I'm ready to flip them. Also will weed out the males and hopfully make enough space. I'm really just focused on finding a few specific phenos of the stardawg I have going in there. Goal is by next run to just run 2-3 stardawg from whatever i find. Its my favorite smoke.

So this is actually my first time ever trying to grow organically. In the past I have only grown on ebb flow tables or in soil-less mixes both using bottled nutes. After seeing what was being done with living organic soil in beds I was inspired to try it. I tried reading up on the whole topic of 'Building' your own soil and felt overwhelmed with info. I realized that in my current living situation I wouldn't be able to store all these things or have space to 'cook' soil or make my own compost. I decided I was going to buy it all premixed and came across a company called "coast of maine". They make this stuff called "Stonington Blend". In the reviews people say its ready out the bag and is a super soil that can get you through to harvest with just water. I'm skeptical to say the least but I'm giving it a shot anyway. I liked the idea of not having mess with measuring and flushing nutes and calibrating ph pens. I will be using just de-chlorinated tap water and the occasional compost tea. Got my fingers crossed lol I've definitely seen other people pull it off but they build their own soil and have much more experience with organic growing than me. I guess we'll see what happens. here are some pics of where im at taken 17 days apart.

This is whats in the soil mix :horticultural grade sphagnum peat, cocoa fiber (coir), lobster compost, composted dark bark, dehydrated hen manure, perlite, worm castings and a mixture of meals (kelp, alfalfa, fish bone), mycorrhizae and dolomitic limestone to adjust pH.

View attachment IMG_20150621_152402977.jpg

View attachment IMG_20150708_150124865.jpg

View attachment bag-stonington-1.jpg

Master Thai is doing a drop at another site. Much of his work will now be available to the general public.

Master Thai is doing a drop at another site. Much of his work will now be available to the general public.
Hey whats up umbra? Yeah I've never tried anything from him. I know he has a site tho. I'm kind of wishing I popped more than just 2 out of the pack.

Latest posts

Back