Wow, spam bot got us. LOL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hackerman

Reaction score
I think I caught most of them but if you see one that's not reported, click the "Report This Post" icon. This helps TechAdmin find the post and delete the user. Don't bother giving bad rep or posting nasty replies... it's a computer program, not a person. You can not insult or give bad rep to computer code. LOL

TA.... you might also check into a confirmation on register. I am seeing more and more of this at the forums (multiple user, single post bots rather than a single user spamming many threads).

Confirmation is a PITA but when a forum starts rising to the top of the search engines, bots and spammers will also rise. This forum gets higher ratings every week, it seems.

Nice job on the bot, whomever wrote it.

Hmmmmm, as I type this I have to wonder if the forum allowed that many new members or if the bot is a hack. I'm sure TA will advise if needed.

And, another quick tip of the hat and thanks to TechAdmin for keeping it all going. ;)

Oops, Hackerman was permanently banned by the forum software for reporting too many posts.

If you folks want to click the "report" icon on any he missed, it will help TechAdmin. Any that were reported had a reply stating so.

Thank you.

We were approving every new member for a while and then we quit--not sure why. However, this is the first instance of this we have had in a long long time. I don't really understand this crap....does anyone actually ever fall for the spam crap that is put on sites like this? I am sure that if it continues to be a problem that TA will set up something

The clean up appreciation belongs to Rosebud. I'm just helping her today, and changing some settings so she can help keep the bots at bay.

Joe420Camel got banned too (like hackerman?)

this is no bot (just me)

:48:

EDIT nope I'm back

so confusing

Joe, crap. what a mess. sorry. There is a nice admin working with me. Joe, how bout we ban justa and bring back joe? OK?

Joe420Camel is not banned, and neither is the IP you both post from.

Hackerman is unbanned. Don't know how he got caught in the clean up.

There were several other registered spammers that I was cleaning up, and I apologize to Hackerman for him somehow being banned. His reports of the spammers have helped in the clean up.

Thank you for your patience in this matter. lol... Joe, love ya man.

Justa is gone.

we all understand just(a) trying to help Hack (and myself)

Good Luck!

:48:

B

I

U

:bong::bong2::vap-Bong_smoker::vap_bong__emoticon::bong1::bongin::48:

Excuse me, who are you?

!!!!! I'm shocked and hurt, Rosie my sweet. If we were at a masquerade party, I would know you from your inner beauty shinning clean through your costume.

Yet, you don't know me with a different name. :(

LOL

Hackerman is unbanned. Don't know how he got caught in the clean up.

There were several other registered spammers that I was cleaning up, and I apologize to Hackerman for him somehow being banned. His reports of the spammers have helped in the clean up.

No problem bud. I thought the forum spam security got Hack for making too many posts and reports too fast. LOL

Latest posts

Back