MP LED Members

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't buy another LED unit for Veg. The HO T5 unit does a great job. That being said. When I eventually get another King LED unit I will move my Mars Unit to the Veg Tent.

I agree, takes a bit of saving to get into the big fixtures. I veg under LED light bars and they are far cheaper and do a great job.

http://illumitex.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/EclipseN_Spec10.16.pdf

These are the next gen lights that I use for veg and they rock. Not nearly as expensive as the big fixtures. I run two myself for veg and they are phenomenal (the gen before these). I think these are a viable option if your trying to get into the lower tier commercial LED for veg.

I would agree hammy but my HO T-5 uses 3x the amount of wattage my LED's plus they get fairly warm. I would not go out and buy LED for veg if I had T-5's but if he is refitting and wants to go LED I offered a solution I have tested and use myself. I can't recommend another product since I just don't have experience with them and I'm not here to hawk fixtures. You use both the king and the Mars, maybe they have a solution he is looking for ?

No doubt. If someone is considering an LED unit over a HO T5 I would suggest the LED unit provided it is a good one. I just wouldn't swap out a working HO T5 with one unless you have the spare cash. Anyone shopping for a Veg light should consider LED. Same goes for Flower. LED is here to stay.

Hi guys

I'm very curious to what type of leds our members use.
What brand of Led are you using? Wattage ? How do you rate them? Any special ways you guys grow with led as appose to HID?

Beginner. Use LED. No exp with other light systems. Will only ever be a LED person. Work in electrical field, LEDs are so much more efficient and use a fraction of the power. I barely crack 2 Amps running 2 smaller LED Panels.

Started with a MEIZHI "300W" LED light. Real Wattage is 147. Very nice light, really like it, bought with about 30 reviews off amazon, has jumped to 80+ reviews with 4.5 stars.

Upgraded to 2 of the same lights. Real Wattage is 275 with both combined. "600W" Equiv....

Upgraded in the last couple weeks of one plant flowering, seemed to pop the buds out a bit, who knows though. Have 2 going currently, have had nothing but the 275W and they both look bushier than my single under the 147 ever did.

Seems to do best at 18" above plant.

Beginner. Use LED. No exp with other light systems. Will only ever be a LED person. Work in electrical field, LEDs are so much more efficient and use a fraction of the power. I barely crack 2 Amps running 2 smaller LED Panels.

Started with a MEIZHI "300W" LED light. Real Wattage is 147. Very nice light, really like it, bought with about 30 reviews off amazon, has jumped to 80+ reviews with 4.5 stars.

Upgraded to 2 of the same lights. Real Wattage is 275 with both combined. "600W" Equiv....

Upgraded in the last couple weeks of one plant flowering, seemed to pop the buds out a bit, who knows though. Have 2 going currently, have had nothing but the 275W and they both look bushier than my single under the 147 ever did.

Seems to do best at 18" above plant.
Yes height with leds is all relative..all depends on power of led. And beam angel..most leds require different hight.. for instance Fluence lighting is kept at 6 inches above canopy..

Yeah, Brother Kraven has the schizzle on his lights! Lucky old man. heh

I feel humbled to say I have a Mars-Hydro 600W LED for Veg & Grow.

So far so good, though I may double up for my next grow.

Ha, I was ribbin him a little Snook. Glad to see you brother.

If you run them closer than 22" you will bleach the tops. I run mine 26" from the canopy. I've seen a recommended distance off the canopy of 24"- 36", but never 12". Could you please post the link where you got that information, I'm curious now, thank you.

I wouldn't buy another LED unit for Veg. The HO T5 unit does a great job. That being said. When I eventually get another King LED unit I will move my Mars Unit to the Veg Tent.

How do you know?
I got caught with way more seeds sprouted than I planned and had to make room. I added an old 4' 2 tube unit with cool whites next to my super duper ebb and flow tray under 2 HO T5s
The boot tray under the CWs was top watered 2 - 3 times a day, 24hr light.
I shudda turned the lights off, hard to see.... CW and boot tray in foreground
they all look pretty close to me

I sorta think this is on topic but if it ain't, ignore me, I'll figure it out.
I only use LEDs in flower and they've been disappointing,,, 3 yrs old now tho

View attachment 100_0056.jpg

View attachment 100_0057.jpg

Pappy been awhile but last time I looked in your were having a tough time getting a good footing...looks like you solved that issue and now have a thriving happy grow. Congratulations.

Pappy been awhile but last time I looked in your were having a tough time getting a good footing...looks like you solved that issue and now have a thriving happy grow. Congratulations.

Hey Kraven!

Thanks, it's been an adventure. I'm starting to think the more plants the better, it's like these one child families, jeeeezus but
take a 6 or 8 kid family, much saner place, you can afford to lose one or two.

If you run them closer than 22" you will bleach the tops. I run mine 26" from the canopy. I've seen a recommended distance off the canopy of 24"- 36", but never 12". Could you please post the link where you got that information, I'm curious now, thank you.
This article is under the section...how far do lights penetrate the canopy...
Straight from illumitex website.....
For the most part, we give LED lighting recommendations for overhead placement of fixtures. For growers interested in providing more light to the plant matter under the canopy in order to increase yield potential, we suggest utilizing additional fixtures to provide side lighting. Having some distance between the fixture and the sides of the plants will allow our optics to deliver an even spread of intensity (less likely to have “hot spots” of intensity along the sides of the plants). Just like overhead fixture placement, be cautious when mounting closer than 12” to the plants due to our LED array placement as well as our intense delivery power.....

I understand about the bleaching I get that with my I mite get a tad bleaching on a couple big colas but worth the extra umol..and I've never had bleaching so bad it was noticeable I'm talking maybe a couple grams out of over 1K grams ..I like the odds..but just my opinion..

Hey dude chill out. I'm only interested in the info you ran across, not a pissing match.

Hey dude chill out. I'm only interested in the info you ran across, not a pissing match.

Are you kidding ?? Your an angry person...WHAT I stated is my opinion..get over it bro...

And as a matter of fact this is the second time you have jumped on me like this..I will not respond to your post ..I don't know where you get off being so rude..problem solved my friend..have a great day..tech

Are you kidding ?? Your an angry person...WHAT I stated is my opinion..get over it bro...

And as a matter of fact this is the second time you have jumped on me like this..I will not respond to your post ..I don't know where you get off being so rude..problem solved my friend..have a great day..tech

First let me start off by offering an apology, you are correct, I am a very angry person. However I do not recall ever being mad at you, and frankly I don't know you. I do have PTSD. I'm an old US Marine combat veteran. I speak very straight forward, and to be honest both tone and inflection are hard to read from a post. So if you have taken words I have written and decided I was angry, then you are incorrect.

All this prooves ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!
How do you you know whether your results were the light? or the nute regimen? or the strain? or the CO2 concentration in the air? or the time of year?
omigawd I'm a troll

Latest posts

Back