Rapid Rooters Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigjb

Garage Grower
Reaction score
I am trying Rapid Rooters for the first time (Used rockwool in the past) and my cutting's stems keep getting soft and slimy and wilting. Am I keeping the cube too wet? I am wringing them out to where they feel pretty dry, but they keep sogging out. Never had this problem with rockwool. :afroweed:

To wet, getting stem rot.
Reduce your watering.

This is funny, but I have that problem with rockwool, which is why I use rapid rooters. I am not sure what this means though: "I am wringing them out to where they feel pretty dry, but they keep sogging out.". What does sogging out mean?

The stems get soft and mushy. I must not have wrung them out enough. With rockwool, I wait three days after placing the cutting in before I add any water. Think Rapid Rooters will be similar?

I am trying Rapid Rooters for the first time (Used rockwool in the past) and my cutting's stems keep getting soft and slimy and wilting. Am I keeping the cube too wet? I am wringing them out to where they feel pretty dry, but they keep sogging out. Never had this problem with rockwool. :afroweed:

What duck said. Way too wet if you have to wring them out. They are already pretty damp, maybe let them float in to a tub of water for a few seconds to be sure they are saturated. Water with a syringe.

I always wet mine down completely and then wring them out. Honestly, if they are not dripping, I would not think that they are too wet.

Maybe this is damping off which is caused by pathogens?

I thought there was some magic pixie dust for roots in those plugs, they are damp in the bag. I just add water to them by drops to the top. If you soak them and wring them out, I figure you're rinsing them out.

Latest posts

Back