my first grow (floros,25 day veg)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PUFF MONKEY

TOWELIE IS MADE OF HEMP
Reaction score
howdy all, these are pics of my first grow. i had tried before but they always died so i joined this forum. i think the pics show how helpfull you all are ..thanks........the youngest pics are 14 days old . the oldest pics are 26 days old. i started flowering at 25 days. what do you all think, not bad for a noob huh

the only thing i used for ferts is the MG soil and a weekly foliar feeding of FLORALICIOUS GROW. i also monitor and control temp/humidty for speedy growth.this really is my first grow !!!:D

WOW PUFF...you were right, they didn't wait around to start growin for sure...What strain ya got goin' there??? and could explain the set up ...I'm wondering what the white covering the top layer is???

THE STRAIN-bag seed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE WHITE STUFF ON TOP-perlite,...to help reflect light back up into the plants
THE SOIL-MG potting mix!!!!!!!!!(17"deep)
THE LIGHTS-6 cool whites and 6 OTT-lights , all 48" 40watt T12's
i also use a bucket warmer to provide humidity and stablize temps.the plants get a weekly foliar feeding along with a weekly semi heavy watering.i was gonna use CO2 but quickly found them to be growing fast enough.i'm gonna do some genetic tinkering and try to make a decent strain by seeding.wish me luck....flowering should be finnished in about 4 weeks based on the speed of veg.:D

I wouldn't count the flowering time just based on veggie growth. All weed, Indica or Sativa takes at least 8 weeks for full flower some even longer. I think you'll be greatly disapointed if you planned on a four week flower/harvest, those buds will be pretty small and not very potent only half way through the cycle. Good luck but I seriously am doubtful.

then 8 it is:) like i said, this really is my first grow.so the light is not what brings them to maturity ??

just to put some size to the pics , some of the plants are reaching 20" tall

should i cut the sucker leaves off or will it hurt em' ?

Thanks Puff...I'll try to update my outdoor if u wanna check it out...Keep it up and Keep it GREEN

You can find all this info on this site and more my friend. What triggers flowering in MJ is a 12/12 light cycle. Avoid cutting anything healthy off a flowering plant if at all possible, just not a good time for cuttings or removing sun leaves etc. The plants will take care of pruning on thier own most of the time, you'll really notice a change in the color of some of your larger sun leaves as the plant drains them of nutrients for the flowers. But don't worry, this is completely normal and actually a good sign that you have healthy plants. Some folks claim larger buds by cutting the light back even further the last two weeks of flowering such as 13/11 (13 off/ 11 on) but I've never tried this so can't say yay or nay to it's validity. Read read read search search search here and other sites for all the important info on producing good safe crops. Grow on and be safe friend.:)

when the sun leaves turn color , will they get lighter or darker ?????i've noticed them getting lighter slightly.and MAN!!!! do they stink !!!!!!!!

thebest said:
yeah, mine turned a light green when they entered into flowering mode.
that is GREAT news. looks like i'm doing something right.

man those things have shot up! they've really filled in nice. what ever your doing keep doing it.

i wouldn't remove anything during flowering either. ya figure 8 weeks atleast. i start checkin trichs around the 6th week or when i decide to flush. i don't guess you'll be flushin will you? what are you feedin them now that they are in flowering?

sorry i smoke to much. i just read mg soil, since your in mg soil and they are only 27 days old i wouldn't feed them anything.

slowmo77 said:
sorry i smoke to much. i just read mg soil, since your in mg soil and they are only 27 days old i wouldn't feed them anything.
me no feed.. but i did start 12/12. too early for MG soils ????

i think so. because of the time released nutes you won't be able to give any food during flowering. this could cause nute defi later down the road. during flowering they don't need as much N but need more P. just keep a good watch on your ph and read about nute defi. the 2nd link in my signature has pics and how to solve nute problems. hope this helps. but maybe you won't need it.

slowmo77 said:
i think so. because of the time released nutes you won't be able to give any food during flowering. this could cause nute defi later down the road. during flowering they don't need as much N but need more P. just keep a good watch on your ph and read about nute defi. the 2nd link in my signature has pics and how to solve nute problems. hope this helps. but maybe you won't need it.
iv'e been having good luck so far but i'll read up in the event that something does happen.theoreticly, i can somewhat controll the nutes in the mg soil with watering methods but for right now i'll leave everything alone.you think they look good though ???i'm amazed at the bushiness of the plants for their age.

Latest posts

Back