"Outdoor plant of the year"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4u2sm0ke

Reaction score
Hello fello Mpers and growers of the DAnk...useually I partake in some sort outdoor friendly compatition...this is will be a bit of a twist as I know we have some new growers and dont want to discurage them from playing along..insted of the normal "Biggest" ..nouvellchef and I came up with a few catagories as to give this a fair playing field...you can have more than one entry as some will do better in one catagorie than others...Sorry they aint no prizes other than Braging rights for 2013:D..so get thos eplants planted and join along...going to be a great Summer here in Seattle..here is what we have ..

From My friend nouvellechef:aok:

I had a thought. Instead of just overall large ness. Lets have 3 rated catergories.

1: Largest plant

2: Overall Health

3: Dankness

Each section the member will rate with a 1-5(5 being the highest) when they vote at the end. Then the numbers can be added up for each entry. It will be a fair playing field for everyone. Versus just how "big" the plant is.

Ill be back with my entries soon:bolt:Garden

take care and be safe

I nominate myself to be a judge for the dankness part:D

As one must smoke the bud to know its dankness:D

So....All entries must send a smokeable amount(an oz will suffice) to The Nest and I will judge the dankness in my :bong1::D

Dam there are a few things I miss in this site...

Thanks button
Multi quote
and Hick on my Arse:rofl:...okay nuff that crap I can control:rolleyes:
And yes Duck you can be judge:48:..as Long as RoseBud Chears me on:clap:..budmutt..you have to raise the screen yet?

heres my starter girls...Now I planted these outback on 4/20...The DBB i had to slow it down do to its vigerious growth..The DBB is from Freeman Genetics and does very well inside..and this will be first time its been Ran outside..and so far looks great...next one Im adding is the "Pink LenmonAId"..this is a clone only here in Seattle as we dont know the makeup but can tell ya its name is TRUE...this seriously smells like the drink..and is a great smoke on july 4th at picknik:D...okay thats what I have..Now lets have some fun..

take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

P6040001.JPG

P6040002.JPG

P6040003.JPG

P6040004.JPG

P6040005.JPG

P6040006.JPG

P6040007.JPG

P6040008.JPG

And, they're off!!!!!!!

Good luck, break a leg, all that stuff.

Ooh fun! I'll jump in on this. Go snap some fresh pics. Back in a few.

ill be setting up my outdoor run this weekend....i cant wait to post some OD pics here this summer!

Here's one of my Satori's. It is in a 7 gallon smart pot. Popped above soil on 3/26. She went outdoors here in NorCal on 4/24. :D

50.JPG

51.JPG

52.JPG

53.JPG

okay...all are LST'd so i have multipule limbs all 2 1/2ft so far....but heres my entry...Lambs Bread...

Outdoors....not greenhouse?

Great looking plants, this thread will be fun!

Roddy said:
Outdoors....not greenhouse?

Great looking plants, this thread will be fun!

Oh Im sure your green house plants are in..you may not win Largest though ..but is why we have more Catagories:D..Cowboy up..:lama:.as Irish would Say

You should stop when your ahead guys. Im gonna in all three! MUHUAHAHAHA!.......ha.....ha

Great idea guys.

Here is one in my garden, NL#5. :icon_smile:

I must say though, I do not understand so much on the Overall Health part. In my experience outdoor plants look pretty rough at the end of the season. Though if you mean bug infestations, by health, then I understand.

And as for size, are we talking height or budage harvested? Maybe you could have a sub category of tonage ?

Duck, when I send mine, look for the cash....just a small bribe.:D or do you prefer gold nuggets? JK.

Anyone seen Old Hippy around these parts yet?

NL#5 Outdoor Plant .jpg

Nice entry tcbud...glad you can play along...me thinks Overall health..beeing the entire grow...say from now till harvest..Nouvell will explain that better:aok:...What size is that pot?
And as for size, are we talking height or budage harvested?
Hight:48:

Question on how this works? Do we post updates throughout the season and harvest? Vote after harvest?

yes ...updates..(try weekly) so that we can watch the grow...then by end October the winners will be declared:aok:

As far as the categories. My thought was each can play an important role in determining(by vote) the winner. Couple thoughts on each catergory.

1: Size- This is not just yield or height alone. More total cf of the plant. Mine just wont be 15' tall. Could it be? Yeah. But I choose to go really wide also.

2: Overall health- This is a good one. Taking a plant many months and keeping it pristine is hard. Storms happen, yeah. So does bugs. Drought, on and on. You might score lower or higher in this category. Time would tell.

3: Dankness- This refers to more of just straight up THC saturation. We all cant smoke it, so by a great photo will have to suffice for voters.

So like for me. We have seen the one and only girl i have already inside. But who knows how she will perform outside. So I could score low in the dankness, but have a high in the overall health. So it creates a good playing field across the board. I prob wont update weekly till we get later down the road. But if you want to camp next her and snap pics, so be it :)

This is not set in stone. I just thought it was better than, most monsterous plant of the year.

Latest posts

Back