Sexing it up over here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For sure Ston-wait til you see that maddening sight.... Sometimes i feel like a gynecologist with my plants, every day, in their business. It takes so long sometimes for them to really show.

Hahaha, totally Rose! Two of the six showed female back 5/28, other six nothing yet. Until seeing this today on the one Cannatonic. Digging around tryin to see their sex is how I'm finding all these bug signs too. Don't really see any chewed up stuff. Just little orangey bugs some small spiders and what might be egg sacks (little white dot things). What would be a good spray to get rid of them? I have some azamax, but I thought that was only good for leaf and root eaters

I really like the sns stuff. www.sierranaturalscience.com I use it and can get it from my grow store or on line. There is a SNS 217 for spider mites. I use 209... a systemic made from rosemary, i think. It is great stuff... They even have one for mold and mildew.. Get yourself some..

i have been using general hydro azamax and dyna gro neem oil for years good stuff the combo and a couple drops of dish soap always work for me

I really like the sns stuff. www.sierranaturalscience.com I use it and can get it from my grow store or on line. There is a SNS 217 for spider mites. I use 209... a systemic made from rosemary, i think. It is great stuff... They even have one for mold and mildew.. Get yourself some..

I use the same sns209 ston-loc and can say it works great. I used it just to fend off some harmless fungus gnats that I couldn't stand seeing buzzing around in my tent.

From sierranaturalscience:

SNS209 Systemic Insect Control

Water it in, Wipes em out™

SNS-209™ provides a barrier for plants to protect them against damaging insects. The SNS-209™ barrier is harmless to the plant but distasteful to mites and other insects.
SNS-209™ Systemic Insect Control is made up of 100% pure botanical extracts that are highly water soluble. The botanical extracts are all food grade GRAS (generally recognized as safe) materials.
SNS-209™ Systemic Insect Control is exempt from EPA registration under minimum risk pesticide exempted under FIFRA section 25(b).
How It Works

Spider mites, White flies, Nematodes, Scales and other insects destroy plant cells by sucking out their fluids or chewing up the cell walls. SNS-209™’s unique formula works by allowing the plant to uptake a small amount of rosemeric acid from the rosemary plant. As the plant distributes the rosemeric acid throughout its cell walls, a barrier is soon constructed. When an insect starts to suck or chew on the plant it comes in contact with the rosemeric acid and causes the insect to stop eating and move on.
Advantages

The first advantage is long term control. A foliar application of an insecticide is constantly exposed to the elements. Rainfall, irrigation and sunlight all play a part in the dilution of the insecticide. A systemic product is protected by the elements because it remains inside the plant’s leaves, stems or blades.
The second advantage of systemic insecticides over conventional insecticides is that the entire plant is protected from attack by insects, grubs, mites. Root systems, stems and leaf portions of the plant all contain a small amount of SNS-209™, not just the leaf surface.
Uses

SNS-209™ Systemic Insect Control can be used on a wide variety of plants, vegetables, and even trees. SNS-209™ Systemic Insect Control can be used on fruits, vegetables, and plants including apples, apricots, beets, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, celery, cherries, chives, corn, cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes, parsley, fuchsia, roses, flowers, houseplants, etc.
Applying SNS-209™ is easy, adding it every time you water or fertilize.
Just 2 mL per liter is enough to start giving your plants the protective edge against insects. Over the course of several days of adding SNS-209™ to your water or fertilizer regiment, your plants will accumulate rosemary (rosemeric acid) throughout the plant. As the insects try to draw out any fluids, it will not taste the same and they will leave. You will notice that the insects will stay away from this plant as they try to find another.
Discontinue using SNS-209™ in the water or fertilizing regiment one to two weeks before harvest and allow the rosemary to flush out of your plants naturally.

hope you dont mind me sharing that here and I can certainly remove it if you'd like. I am in no way affiliated with the company, but really liked their product as it allows organic control and is friendly to our planet.

cheers ston and wow it looks like fun over in your yard!

:48:

Cool. No worries, thanks for the info.

Looking like the second unsexed Larry might be a male too. Too early to confirm, but I'm watching close.

I give all my plants a shot of 209 whether they need it or not just to get a jump on any pests that might show up. To bad about the males.

sucks they wear males nice 2 see u got another girl!! still wait on most of mine

Been a little bit since a group shot. Def growing. Fimmed the three nurse Larry's and was out of town for a day. Come back and they seem way bigger. Gotta love it

View attachment image.jpg

Looks epic ston-loc! Such a nice healthy shade of green.

These will be so fun to watch through your season.

Thanks for sharing :)

Time for some S&M :48:
Got the two small pot Nurse Larry's tied up today. Need to get the big ones soon cause they're going vertical quick these days

View attachment image.jpg

Latest posts

Back