I'm new. Someone show me the ropes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msweeneygt

Reaction score
Hi gang I'm new to the forum but not growing. Been growing for over 20 years. I mostly joined this forum to get knowledge and some much needed information on this new strain I have going. If I get any seasoned MP forum members to chime in I'll post pics and information about the strain to help get me some answers. Thank you

Welcome to you msweeneygt! Don't limit yourself to "seasoned members" lots of great knowledge at this forum... Glad you found us.. Welcome again.

Well to tell you the truth I didn't know where to start. I frequent a forum for everything paintball related and in our forums it gets tiresome and annoying when new members post stuff in the wrong forum sections. So I tried for what I thought would be the best course of getting info on where to post my question. Anyways on to why I'm posting here in the first place. I recently received a mix bag of seeds and started seven very healthy month old seedlings. I recognized six of them right away from past experience with their stains but the seventh one really stood out and to be honest baffled me. It is tall with no vegative growth whatsoever for the first 7 1/2" of stalk, then it starts into dense but relatively small close to the stalk fanleaves that are kinda dark green and all of them curl inwards and are very jaggedy like cactus leaves, at the very top two levels is a small very dense crystalized yellowish white bud I know what your thinking, it's not a nute deficiency, all plants are in new identical soil and have the same nute regiment. Also the plant has a strong lemon smell. I've Googled as much as I could and most of the results point to it possibly being a Lemon Haze or Super Lemon Haze variety. Over the past twenty years I've grown everything from AK47 to White Widow and have never come across a Lemon strain. Any ideas? Would pics be better than my description?

Please do show us a pic, I grow both the lemon haze and ssh and have not noticed anything like that. Hmmm...maybe a non viable seed just trying to grow and won't be successful? I had a runt once.

Since this is a pot site we don't get annoyed very often, and if we do we might forget easily as this is a pot site and lots of us are stoned out of our gourd sometimes. I love the lemon strains your talking about, i hope you can get this one to grow.

I believe she is very viable. Her and the six others I started are a little over a month old and all are doing very well. But the one in question that has me stumped is by far the weirdest out of all of them. It looks like a little green umbrella :) BTW she is around 10" in total height from the dirtline in a gallon pot.

Here is a pic of all seven of my girls together. They are all the same age and all in the same dirt. The four largest ones pictured in the back of the pack and one on the far left middle row are all four the same strain. The three smaller ones in the middle row center and right and the lone one in the front are all three different strains.

the cupping is telling you something, I just forget what it is, temps, hum?

If you do not know the strain, no one is going to be able to help you identify it. There are literally thousands of crosses out there with so many of them being very similar. There is no way to know the strain and assuming that you have 5 of one strain and 3 of another is simply a guess. And different strains, even different phenos of the same strain can have very different nutrient needs.

What was tyhe source of the seeds? Were they bagsseed?

Is there a reason you are flowering them this small?

Cupping of the leaves is often a pH thing.

I really just wanted some possible ideas, figured pinning the exact strain would nearly impossible. No the seeds were gave to me from a friend who orders seeds from banks, grows them then gives me mixed mystery bags after every harvest. The reason they are flowered so early is cause I grow year round and these were started the end of August in natural sunlight. Then when the temp starts to drop they be moved in under synthetic light. I really don't know what could be the issue. Temp, nute, or watering doesn't really seem like they could be issues since all seven plants are on the same regiment but then again it is a plant in nature. Not really an issue the plant is thriving. Was just more interested in figuring out possibly what strain it could be.

Mixed mystery bags of seeds from his harvest? So are those seeds from plants that he seeded on purpose ,,,,or from Hermied Plants?
And there is absolutely no way of knowing a strain just by looking at a plant. You can get an idea of if its a Sativa or Indica maybe,,,but that about it.

Seeded on purpose with good males. I know this only furthers the mystery by creating a cross but like I said I was just curious on other people's input. Plus where I'm from you don't show your plants to no one and that severely cuts down on getting opinions from people. It's not a biggie, I was just curious and wanted to join a forum that discusses my favorite pastime. Thanks to all for your input and advice 😃

How can someone not know the strains of the seeds they give you? If someone is purposely "making seeds", how can they not know what they are? I have been growing for decades and this just simply baffles me. There is something kind of not right here and I am seriously thinking hermy seeds. Please keep a close eye on these.

I understand not showing plants to anyone (I recently moved from Idaho, which is horrible to oregon, which is legal), but you did get seeds from someone so they know you are growing.

I am thinking that may maybe you should do some reading up on the life cycle of cannabis. If these plants are outdoors, then they are flowering as a result of the days getting shorter. They will not get bigger--they are through with their vegetative growth and now concentrating on flowering. You will probably count your yield in grams not ounces. What exaclty is your plan when the days get too cold?

Hemp Goddess I really didn't think that directly pinpointing the exact strain was possible. But I did figure with its strange leaf growth and lemon smell maybe it could be of a Lemon strain. Just wanted other people's feedback. It really isn't that big a deal. Regardless it's a strong healthy plant that will make me happy in the end. I also realize and understand growth cycles. I received a copy of Jorge Cervantes IMH for my birthday about 17 years ago and have read it quite thoroughly. Plus years of actual hands on growing experience. Yes I know that I started them in Fall but honestly I have never had trouble adjusting them from going outdoors to indoors for the winter. I'm not growing for maximum yield, I grow year round for having constant herb for me personally and sharing with friends. Hell I usually start my spring and summer plants in December or January, by the time the weather gets warm they are well on their way. My methods are unorthodox but they haven't failed me for years. Ohh and it doesn't matter if my seed supplier knows I grow, like me he knows to keep quiet.

Hemp Goddess I really didn't think that directly pinpointing the exact strain was possible. But I did figure with its strange leaf growth and lemon smell maybe it could be of a Lemon strain. Just wanted other people's feedback. It really isn't that big a deal. Regardless it's a strong healthy plant that will make me happy in the end. I also realize and understand growth cycles. I received a copy of Jorge Cervantes IMH for my birthday about 17 years ago and have read it quite thoroughly. Plus years of actual hands on growing experience. Yes I know that I started them in Fall but honestly I have never had trouble adjusting them from going outdoors to indoors for the winter. I'm not growing for maximum yield, I grow year round for having constant herb for me personally and sharing with friends. Hell I usually start my spring and summer plants in December or January, by the time the weather gets warm they are well on their way. My methods are unorthodox but they haven't failed me for years. Ohh and it doesn't matter if my seed supplier knows I grow, like me he knows to keep quiet.

Lots of PPL in prison said the same thing. My buddie wont tell nobody. :rofl:

MS -- Welcome to MP !-- About 9,000 varieties listed at seedfinders.com !--Lots of different lemons too !
Know what U growing next time !-- I grow little plants too year round but I'm a cloner !-- I got a 3 year old White Widow and some other old stuff !

Latest posts

Back