Lowryder 2 Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcnh

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm extremely excited. My second grow here, 1st was outdoors. I'm finally going to do a grow starting in about a week. I have about 150 LR2 seeds, and I'll be growing in a tub setup with a 250w hps, and however many CFL's I can jam in there and still keep things at a good temp. I'll probably start them on just cfl's the first ten days or so. I want to end up with 6 females - questions below. In the end I would like to have 4-6 ounces...but really I just want to maximize yeild.

Grow box - 2 of the largest tubs I can find at walmart or wherever. I think they have them like 3 feet long? One on top upside down. Inside lined with mylar.
Organic Soil - 1 part Foxfarm light warrior, 1 part ocean forest, ammended with worm castings, bat guano, coco and the larger perlite if I can find. It's called moonshine mix. It's supposed to be a very airy soil. One the thread it said you can use just water from start to finish. We'll see. The bottom couple inches are going to be jsut coco so it won't turn to muck/better drainage. Joint doctor recommends starting them in the final growing container because the shock of transplant could make you lose yeild seeing as LR2 only has a certain number of days to grow. All in 2 gallon grow bags. Soil mix could change slightly, I want to find that thread again.
Nutes - only as needed. I want to just keep an eye on them and see if they tell me anything - I've only grown LR2 outdoors. They will probably just need some bat guano during flowering? We'll see.
Fan/filter - this is the ghetto part. Cardboard box on top of grow chamber, 1x1 foot hole in box and grow chamber then sealed together. Prefilter covering hole, and I'll get some activated carbon at the pet store and put that on top of the prefilter once these start stinkin. Fan on top of cardboard box blowing up. I'm doing it this way because I have a very powerful fan that is super quiet. Pics will come. Oh, and there will be a smaller fan blowing in to help air circulation. I want to have the air and temps perfect.
Water - Either get some river water near me or let the tap water sit out for 24 hours.
Light - 250w hps 33,000 lumens. I'll ad cfl's as long as temps permit.

SO:
What do you all think about river water. (I live way the heck out there, no pollution or people, comes from the mountains)
I only have exactly 9 weeks to grow and dry. Think I can do it? WIll I lose out on some yeild if I cut it a week short? I know JD says 8 weeks, but mine outdoors took 9.5 when they were seeded. So, im thinkin 8.5 week grow, .5 week dry, or 8 week grow and a slower dry?? Will the quality suffer much if I dry it at like 80 degrees in 2-3 days then jar it? The cure is not a problem. I want to have several jars, and just let it get better and better over time.
If anyone has grown some LR2's lately I would like to hear from you on how big these are getting. Seems that diring the last two years there are less and less runts and even people getting 3-4 footers often. I may be able to fit 8 plants if they don't get too big.
Male/female ratio-who has info on the male/female ratio on these? I got 80% males, but that was out of 5 plants I had left after the rest were eaten. So if you have experience with this and I want 6-8 females, how many seeds do you think I should germ? Germing 25 seeds is not a problem.
I'll germ them in about a week, then I'll have pics up in two weeks. Thanks for the comments and help!

The countdown is on, I'll have pics up in about a week!

Latest posts

Back