T5 HO v.s. HPS? Grow tubes v.s. Standard?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It really depends on your grow room situation and whether you can deal with the additional ventilation usually required to grow with HID lighting. Imho... if you practice some training techniques (ie LST) you can have very nice bud development using only T5's. The key is to keep your lights as close as you can to your canopy without touching.

I've done it all but now prefer to use it all! :rolleyes: I have a 1K dual arc and I use a 6 bulb 4 foot T5 fixture (4 red bloom lamps and 2 blue daylight bulbs) with plexiglass over it for a side fill light in my closet. The plexiglass keeps the leaves from touching the bulbs and getting scorched. My canopy stays much happier throughout my bloom cycle with the added 30,000 lumens of side fill lighting. You might consider going with a 400w HPS and supplementing with your T5 for a sidefill.

Happy Growing! :cool:

Hey dirty just a consideration for you. I use tempered glass on my t-5 units. U can have a glass shop cut to size for ya. Also I read that plexiglass isnt as transparent as tempered. Thats why I chose the first of the 2. I dont know why the manufacturer wouldn't enclose these lights at the factory they know that there product is basicly sitting right on top of plants! I've got 3 sunsystem 4 foot 8 bulb 50,000 lumens each. Hope this helps you out bro! T-5's rock!

I use nothing but T5's. Here is a few pics. I have some more recent but the forum keeps saying they are already on here,,which they are NOT. Maybe the Mods will check my attachments and see somethings wrong.;)

NYC_Diesel x Jack_Herer said:
this thread is from 2006

:eek: Yeh,,I knew it the whole time,well maybe not the whole time. Nah,,I didnt know it .:rolleyes: Crap

ya, like that means i dont want
to see cowboys nice t5 buds :rolleyes:
so do you think different strains flower better
under the t5s? like some strains will produce
nice dense looking nugs like tho and some wouldnt?

Im sure there are strains that might do better,,like a short strain. The taller the strain the less light penatration,,but that has never been a problem for me cause I will drop a few CFL's down into the canopy and I get nice dence buds. Its all about the Lums,Color, and the spread.:hubba: And of course,,taking the time to keep my lights as close to the canopy as I can.;) Not a problem for me,cause I keep a close watch on my girls.:watchplant:

Latest posts

Back