16 oz. plastic cup grows

• Thread starter THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT

Whats up guys and gals. As you all know we are gonna have some fun trying to grow a plant in a 16 fluid oz. plastic cup from start to finish. Our question is how many wanna join in on the fun?

Here are the rules:

1) You must start your plant from seed. (sorry folks no clones)

2) Everyone must use a 16 oz. party cup from start to finish

3) Your grow must be done in some kind of soil mixture (no hydro)

4) You cannot cut the bottom off your cup

5) You can put some drain holes in the bottom of your cup

6) You must document your grow from start to finish giving an
update once a week

7) This is not for beginning growers (if you decide to join in on the
fun and come into some problems you may drop out and
transplant at anytime

8) If you have any questions please post them in the other thread. Here is the link. Questions posted here will be deleted.
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10427

9) List : Seed, Soil, Nutes, Lights ect.

10) Each member can only have one plant

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!!

Well let's get the party started. ;)

Seed - Papaya - Nirvana
Pot - 16 oz. plastic party cup
Germination - Wet papar towel
Soil - Miracle-Gro (that feeds plants up to 3 months)with some perlite mixed in
Veg lighting - 65 watt Flourex
Flower lighting - 400 watt HPS

100_7764.jpg

100_7765.jpg

100_7767.jpg

Seed - Swazi Redbeard - Seedsman Seeds
Germination - Cup-O-H2O
Soil - 100% Organic:
FF OF + LW 1:1, FF POM Japanese maple (1 tbls), High N/P Bat Guano (1 tbls each), Garden Lime (1 Tsp), Jersey Green Sand(1tsp), Earth Worm Castings (1 cup), pinch of blood mean and bone meal.

Veg Lighting: 1:1 3000k and 6500k tube fluorescents.
Flower Lighting: Same as veg.

Just dropping into cup today to start germing.

Decided to start some new ones just for this. I picked the indoor mix for this project. I'm starting with five beans. I'm using some sand based soil from lowesmixed with several diff things(perlite, fish food made from shellfish, worm castings, etc.). I'll be vegging under a 175w MH, 26w cfl and 18w(I think, it's the smaller ones) fluoro. I'll be flowering under a 250 and 100w HPS, Five cfls. Pic 1-indoor mix, pic 2- cup. Btw, thnx TBG...finally got that flash working!

bud 009.jpg

bud 010.jpg

Altho I think we should let stoney play in water:) would be cool to see it I think....

Started mine last week and will use one that has been above soil for 5 days now so guess this is week 1 for me.

strain is swazi safari X cherry thunderfuck

soil and ferts is foxfarms OF as well as growbig,bigbloom,tigerbloom and beastie bloomz

plant is under 180 watts of shop lights with 1500 of hps 3 foot above that

grow on and good luck with the females

DSCF2706.JPG

ok i have some seeds that have been germinating for 24 hours in a wet paper towel sealed in a ziplocl plastic bag on a heating pad they are ready to be put in soil. so one is going in a 16 oz cup and the rest in pots. i have to run to the store cause i have no 16 oz plastic cups.
seed that i have are from some good mids
soil Recycled Miracale Gro from my last grow. I mixed in fresh miracale grow with the old (Elephant Man will like that lol)
Lighting is a 60 or 65 watt flourex not sure lol
when i get the cup i will take some pics of the seed going into the cup good luck all. and great idea TBG:D

Not too sure what this is. Just over a week old, germinated in a jiffy pellet.
It's either Master Kush, Afghan, Pure Power Plant, Skunk #1 or Nirvana Special !

One third perlite and vermiculite, 2 thirds westlands compost, small sprinklings of bat guana and fish blood and bone meal, and the tiniest pinch of lime

Have Biobizz Grow and Bloom too.

Put layer of pebbles in the bottom of the cup for better drainage, planted and watered well

At the moment it is under 4 x 125 W 6500k Envirolites
Then will be put under 400 W HPS

View attachment 19356

I've drunk out of this baby !!

EDIT : Lights are on 24/7

Seed - Kindbud #1 My Custom bread plant nl/mok/**
Germination - paper towel meathod
Soil - Kindbuds 100% Organic specail mix
Lighting: The Good Old Sun!

Got it outside right now in a hole i dug
for it is that ok its still in the cup just under
dirt i will be able to pull the cus up to prove
it Ill get pic on mondy got to go down to the
beach left my camrea down their plus were
puting a new rebult motor in our boat. Good
Luck to you all!!

hey TBG the wife forgot to buy me some 16oz plastic cups so im gonna use this 16oz coffee cup for now until i get my plastic cups hope thats ok. would use this one threw the whole grow but it would fall apart lol hope this is ok for a day:D

16 oz cup 007.jpg

16 oz cup 008.jpg

i'm in !!! gonna keep it very simplistic
seed- out of good weed i got, germinated in paper towel
soil-milti purpose with couple bits of grit for drainage and bit of lime.
soil feeds for a while. not sure what to use after that.
when and if flowering occures- bio-bloom.
i'll put in garden for a while and bring indoors under 250w hps later in life.
obviousy in 16oz plastic cup!!! good luck everyone.:) (can't wait to see how this goes):eek: oh ye im germing today.

Im in also. just need to get a cup. lol

Anyway gonna be Snazzleberry2 from chimera seeds in black gold soil.
Anyone grow this or use black gold soil?

For Growth:
Neuts AN sensigrow 1&2
AN Sensizyme
Liquid Carma

For Blooming:
Metanaturals Bloom
dried seaweed extract
AN Carbo load
AN Sensizyme
Beasty Bloomz
Liquid Carma

And 3 weeks before harvest:
Alternating Purple max and gravity with 1/3-1/2 strenght neuts (same as above for blooming)

Well our Papaya egg has hatched in 1 1/2 days. :p Just thought i would give you all an update. ;) Placed in her new and final home.

100_7772.jpg

100_7774.jpg

Ok this is day three of being in the cup. i just wattered it alls looking good but it kinda looks like it might be streching for light so im gonna put it 3inches from the light. it was about 5inches from the light so maybe this will stop it from streching(what u all think?) I have room for more dirt but i want to wait until the plant gets bigger before i add more. have a great day everyone peace.

Bud of the month 013.jpg

Bud of the month 014.jpg

well i had some extra seeds that i already had germed (paper towel, bagseed) so i decided to jump on in...just for fun of course ;)

-really cheap Hyponex soil, no added anything
-CFL's

this should be fun!

Started mine a couple of days ago but haven't had time to post
1.Some danky seed i got in my bag(has northen lights in it)
2. Hyponex soil(bought at sears
3. jobes fertilizer spikes(can only spray h2o bc plant is in my chamelion tank
4. germination-cup of water
5. veg lightning- 60 w
6. flowering-not sure yet

I should have pictures up sometime soon to. gl all

Hi Folks, I decided to join in the fun.

Seed: White Satin from Mandala Seeds (Never tried this strain before)

Soil: "Organic Choice" Potting soil 50%, Perlite 25%, Vermiculite 25%, with a few pebbles on the bottom of the cup to help with drainage.

Pot: 16 oz. plastic cup (blue) with holes in the bottom for drainage

Fertilizer: Vita-Grow 3-part (non-organic)

Veg Lights: Two 24" fluorescent (20 Watts each)

Flower Lights: Not sure yet. I might try out some LED grow lights. If not, I will stick with the flos. Then again, I might throw it under the 400W HPS. We'll see when the time comes.

Started the seed tonight using the paper towel method: Seed folded into a wet paper towel which is sandwitched between two small plates and set on top of my cable box.

Change of plan instead of growing outside i'm gonna grow under 3 enviro light fluro's that chuck out 3000 lumens, it's my only option, then flower under hps. my seed cracked today so i'll probably plant tommorow. i could only get a clear cup so i taped around it, (hope thats allowed)
:ccc:

Update: My seed has sprouted and was planted in the cup. Here are some pics (such as they are). Now the fun begins.:headbang2:

WS-Seed.jpg

WS-A.jpg

Whats up everyone. :ciao: Well it has popped out of the dirt in 2 days. We shall call it BillySue. Chose this name because we don't know if it's male or female. :confused2: Anywho here is a pic showing the little one. ;)

100_7794.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back