Shotglass Grow Anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FloydBanks

Reaction score
Hey, I know a bunch of you did/are doing the 16oz Solo cup grow... but I was just reading some stuff over at the mjp forums, and they've got a 1oz shotglass microgrow going on...
Would anyone be interested in giving this a go with me?
I've just popped a new snowberry seed in to a cup of water to start germming.

Yeah you know what i might be up for that, i still have some orange bud seeds.. what would anyone reccomend i used as a grow medium? cant fit many airstones in a shotglass lol.. and id wanna stick to hydro as its what i know..

I'll find the guidelines they put up............ I know it said something about hydro.... but I'm not a hydro grower, so I can't help you too much there :)

Here it is... not as much about hydro as I had thought, just that you can go big for your reservoir. I'm gonna give it a shot.

Terms of Engagement are as follows:

1. Plant must be grown in a 1 ounce container or shotglass.

A. Shotglass is traditional.

B. If not a shotglass:

1. Shape/style does not matter.

2. Total volume may not exceed 1 fluid ounce!

2. Any medium or grow method is allowed.

A. Ball Hair is allowed as a grow medium.

B. Reservour size is unlimited.

C. Additives/Nutrients/etc are allowed.

3. Roots are not allowed to leave the 1 ounce container.
4. Plant must be started by seed or clone.

A. However, Seedlings are PREFERRED.

5. Participants must have fun.

A. Hopes of a large plant/yield are mandatory.

B. Occasional jokes are highly encouraged. :

C. Condemning of anothers plant/setup is not allowed howerver(see next line).

1. CONTSRUCTIVE CRITISISM and suggestions are encouraged.

6. Viewers/Onlookers must not condemn or add negativity to this thread!

A. If you plan to do so. HIT YOUR BACK BUTTON NOW!

7. Everybody is encouraged to participate.

1. Pics/Photos are required for your grow to be OFFICIAL.

2. If you may not take pictures you are still encouraged to partake and tell us in DETAIL of your status/grow.

8. You are encouraged to start NOW however you may join along at any time during the grow.

Thank you all for your positive attitude torwards everything, your participation, and your willingness to add to the community.

This is the official thread from now on and all pictures/logs/posts should be directed torwards this thread.

**ADDITIONAL RULES AND REGULATIONS MAY BE ADDED AS GROWS PROGRESS OR AS SEEN AS NEEDED**

I'm still waiting for my seeds to germ... I threw a handful of bagseed + a snowberry into the paper towels last night.... and I know it hasn't even been a day yet, but man I want to start this project, it's got me excited lol

I was MIA for while due to personal reasons....but there was this AMAZING grower here (that by chance ran a forum at one time) His name was HGB. He grew a female to full term in a pot smaller than a pack of smokes in soil. Among that even grew a plant upside down.

Might want to look around his posts. I'm sure the pic is somewhere on the forum. User name was HGB. Def. cool dude from the wild west. ;)

If he's still around hope he reads this...HEY BRO WATCH OUT FOR THEM CATS. ;)

a one oz shot glass is the same as just a regualr bar shot glass right? if so i would like to participate

herbman said:
a one oz shot glass is the same as just a regualr bar shot glass right? if so i would like to participate

You are right, nice to have you on board :)

Will this topic suffice for everyone? Or should We make an official shotglass grow topic?

wait so only organic soil in a shotglass?

herbman said:
wait so only organic soil in a shotglass?
Any medium or grow method is allowed.
(***Goes to check to see if any of my seeds have germed yet**)

OH ONE DID! NOICE! Picture time :)

Here's how I'm goin:
Soil Medium: MG Potting Soil + Perlite
1 oz Container: (I don't happen to have a spare shotglass, but I did have an empty vitamin container, so I cut it down to size, and it's ready to go)
Strain: Bagseed

IMG_0176.JPG IMG_0177.JPG

What about drainage? Is the shot glass so small you don't need it? I'm kind of skeptical but interested.

yeah me to i could do a short indoor grow how long do you think it would take?? and i need to get a shot glass to lol not much of a drinker lol but if i dont enter ill be watchin this

i think im gonna do it but it wont last long the'll get root bound in about 3 weeks and die so i dunno, ima do it but when they get rootbound im gonna repot

lol yeah maybe maybe not i got to go look at that 16 oz cup grow havent checked it out in a while lol

Is it worth it if theyll die, i mean probably not in my opinion.

what would be better is if everyone decided on a challenge that aint so easy if were all gonna end up repotting theres no point...

what might be cool is a new medium, or a rarely tried grow medium. i dunno, im just up for something different

Like Mutt said...

check out HGB's med grow journal

He succesfully flowered from a table spoon of soil in the smallest pot available. HGB is my hero when it comes to micro grows. NDS is pretty darn good too.

Cool im in.. got my shotglass ready, got my seed, and i got my germ cube lol... bring it oonn!

Mutt said:
but there was this AMAZING grower here (that by chance ran a forum at one time) His name was HGB. He grew a female to full term in a pot smaller than a pack of smokes in soil. Among that even grew a plant upside down.

Might want to look around his posts. I'm sure the pic is somewhere on the forum. User name was HGB. Def. cool dude from the wild west. ;)

If he's still around hope he reads this...HEY BRO WATCH OUT FOR THEM CATS. ;)

say brother mutt nice to see ya around :D hope all is the best it can be your way :)

most of the pics are on my forum and a few on another i dont visist any longer. might be some of the super micro grow in my medical GJ here as well.

I wont be partaking in this do to personal reasons and lack of time on my part .

NDS is a top notch micro grower as well and I have learned tons from his post....

there are no hard rules to growing any plant and ,ALL the medium has to do is support the plant not feed it :)

best of luck to all

I'm confused as to why you all are using shot glasses and on top of that a normal shot glass is 1.5 oz not 1.0 oz.

Draston said:
I'm confused as to why you all are using shot glasses and on top of that a normal shot glass is 1.5 oz not 1.0 oz.

For a new and exciting experience.... and if it's 1.5 I'm ok with that :p

Latest posts

Back