anyone kno miricle grow ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bud boy

Reaction score
basically i jus wanto kno how much miricle grow do i use and how much water do i use ?? cos it apears to be quite strong. if possible how much per plant .

miracle grow is bottom-of-the-barrel stuff, esp. for indoors.
I recommend something good, like Fox Farms.

miracle is a harsh chem. nutrient. Use at no stronger than 3/4 strength recommended on the package, but for seedlings use ot 1/3 strength.

You'll grow more, better pot by getting your nutrients at a grow shop.

Hey Bud Boy, good to meet ya.

The arguments about miracle grow have raged for years. If you want to Maximize your pot plants, then don't use it. If you're happy with a generic plant food like miracle grow, then use it, or one of the many others. If you use it according to the directions on the container for ROSES, you'll be close to what is needed by marijuana. When the plants have less than FIVE leaves on them, don't use any ferts. It's really not needed and can kill the plant easily. When they have 3 nodes on them, or more, then the properly mixed generic ferts will work, but not nearly as well as those that are made for pot. Do a google on "Marijuana+Fertilizer",(without the quote marks), and start reading man. Using the hit and miss method of growing pot usually only teaches you what NOT to do while your plants keep dying. With the Internet available for research, there is no reason for this now. You'll have to do a lot of reading, unless you can get someone else to read it to you. A lot of people don't like reading, but it's the only way you're going to learn. Bite the bullet and jump into the search results in google.

GanjaGuru said:
miracle grow is bottom-of-the-barrel stuff, esp. for indoors.
I recommend something good, like Fox Farms.

miracle is a harsh chem. nutrient. Use at no stronger than 3/4 strength recommended on the package, but for seedlings use ot 1/3 strength.

You'll grow more, better pot by getting your nutrients at a grow shop.

Hey GG, I didn't mean to step on your toes man. You posted your reply while I was typing mine. I didn't see ya until I re-read the entire thread.

It's SATURDAY and I'm going to get a buzz at noon and go walk around town. Watching tourists is always fun. They always look at the old guy and wonder why he's smiling so much. Nobody ever thinks someone my age gets high. Except of course other people who get high.

Miracle grow has an NPK of 15-30-15 (N)Nitrogen (P)Phosphorous (K)Potassium

It is high in NPK and a cover-all fertilizer. but if you continue to use it through the whole cycle all of the Nitrogen will build up in flowering cycle and cause problems for you.

During Vegatative growth it needs more (N) and not as much (P) so a
Foxfarm Grow Big fert is good for this growth cycle which is NPK 12-7-7.

During Flowering cycle less (N) is needed and more (P) is needed.

I recommend KoolBloom fertilizer which is 0-10-10. When you enter into flowering cycle. There is still (N) left over in your soil that the plant can use up as it needs it.

At the end of Flowering (right before harvest) you do not want any fertilizers in your soil.

Using good ferts will save you a lot of problems in the back end.

Its already been said but if you go to any grow store they will have better, and most likely cheaper fertilizers than miracle grow, because as GanjaGuru said, when growing MJ, miracle grow is bottom of the barrel.

I say this having used miracle grow a number of years ago and thinking it was good I tried the Dutchmaster line (specifically formulated for mj plants) and since I tried Dutchmaster's ferts I have never and will never use miracle grow again. This is just my opinion from my personal experience with useing Miracle Grow vs. Dutchmaster, or most any mj plant food. Hope this helps you out, so good luck and happy growing! :D

PS Like Mutt says, using good ferts will more than pay for itself with the increase in quantity and quality you'll be getting with your yields with mj plant foods. If you can't get specific mj plant foods then you gotta do some research and find another type of fertilizer that has the nutrients that mj needs to grow robustly. Trust me, a little effort can go a long way for these plants.

Just while everyone is talking about nutrients any thoughts on SupperBlom? Just curious.:)

Stoney Bud said:
When the plants have less than FIVE leaves on them, don't use any ferts. It's really not needed and can kill the plant easily.
I didn't know this. I start out with blood and bone meal. 1 teaspoon. Is this not recommended either?

Use an Organic fertilizer based on nitrogen and amino-acids.
Also Potassium...even a rotten banana peel...*just a home remedy* ;)

Just be careful with blood meal. I read it can fry a plant quick if you add a little too much to the soil.
Edit: I am not an organic grower by no means. but I do read a lot of people using an organic "tea mixture" or something that has seeped for a while. I am too lazy for pure organic. thought someone else would have a recipe or something.

smokey said:
Just while everyone is talking about nutrients any thoughts on SupperBlom? Just curious.:)
I'm surmizing you mean Superbloom.
Superbloom is as generic term for flowering fertlizers rather than a brand name.
You'll find than most experienced, non-commercial growers (especially outside), prefer organic nutrients.

You should start off with a quality potting soil such as Fox Farms Ocean and Forest. You only have to add chicken shit tea, starting at week 3, then switch to high-P bat shit tea 3 weeks after flowering is induced.

Mutt said:
Just be careful with blood meal. I read it can fry a plant quick if you add a little too much to the soil.
Edit: I am not an organic grower by no means. but I do read a lot of people using an organic "tea mixture" or something that has seeped for a while. I am too lazy for pure organic. thought someone else would have a recipe or something.
Hum. I just transplanted my prized plant (the best crop out of 6) and added more bloodm about 10 min. ago. I didn't measure, I just grabbed some with my fingers. I hope I don't fry it...My husband would KILL me. I accidently f*ed up one plant when I tore a root, but it was about to die anyways. I will let you know how the big-un is by tomorrow. We'll see.

I have it 2" from the light and my plant is dancing (moving from side to side)...***? :D

Latest posts

Back