skunk, shiva, and a mix

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

choking_victim

Reaction score
sorry about the poor quality picture, I'll get my camera back before the end of the veg. stage.
right now, they are 9 days from seed, entering the vegetation stage.

2 florescent for now, about to switch to the 600w MH
11/12 germinated thus far.
6 skunk 3 shiva 2 mix
in a 3x4 ebb n flow
with general hydroponics micro ed.
feeding 4x's a day 6 hours apart
starting with 1/3 of nutrients, and now starting to add 1/2 tsp.
every other day until veg. stage recommendations.

I'll pot more pictures later. enjoi.

09-04-07_0855.jpg

tn.jpeg

wazzzup m8,the ladies are lookin good,though they do look very small for 2-21/2 weeks.i'm not a hydro grower so dont take my info as gospel,but feeding a plant that small and young could be a prob,also most guy's say to start off with 1/8th strenght nutes.but anyway some1 with more experience on hydro will jump in and give you some advice,hope all goes well,,,peace out.

I started on no nutrients, then to a 3rd (below recommendations from seedlings-veg).
I was told to feed them 3-4xs a day I chose 3 for now, until they start showing signs of more nodes, then adding another feed/day. hopefully it will work out, I would like more info about this subject though.
thanks for your post(s).

here are the babies at 15 days.

I found out one of the mixes is bubblegum, and it's the first one to be stinky.

t3n.jpeg

tn3.jpeg

Gotta keep that res light proof for the most part to keep headaches to a minimum as you have already experienced the dreadful algae. In addition, the nute dilution... Can't stress how much less of a hassle it is trying to fix a little deficiency compared to over nute and fert lockouts. With the progress you have made since the last pics, I would say in a week you could drop the lighting to 12/12...:aok:

here are the skunk/mix on left , red shiva to the center, and all of the babies. to the right, at day 20

tbn.jpeg

tn.jpeg

tvn.jpeg

and then again on day 23 from seed.

Was feeding them 1/2 strength for veg. but I had seen signs of nutrient burn on the bottom leaves.
so I diluted the water with some reverse osmosis filtered water, and we'll see how they turn.
as of now, it's under a 600w MH 19-1/2 / 4-1/2
I took the 100% sativa (purple power) out because of height, and induced 12/12 already.
some of the mix:
100% indica big bud (the shorty in the center on the right picture)
white widow (in the left picture, top left, second one down, it is by far the stinkiest.

think I should start the 12/12 cycle in a few days, I was going to wait another week?

09-19-07_2119.jpg

09-19-07_2122.jpg

Whats up CV. May i say the little ladies are growing fast and looking great. ;) Whatever your doing keep it up. :aok:

shiva to the left,(with big bud to the bottom right,
and mainly skunk to the right

ballast difficulties made me switch them to 24/0 with FL.
I also need to get a rockwool slab from the roots popping out of the bottom of the cubes.

09-22-07_0755.jpg

09-22-07_0756-1.jpg

ahh I'm going crazy. my ballast went out 4 days ago, and it's seeming like eternity!
all I have on them now as backup is 4 T12's and a 150w CFL.. they're growing so slooooow. and they don't need to be in vegetation anymore, I need my ballast back or else it wont be ready for christmas! and then what!?!

no presents for me.

Like I've been complaining about before, my ballast is still gone, I called the company I had bought it from and they told me they were on a 2 week waiting for another shipment to come in. then it will take them another week to have it here, if they even get to it in time.
it's a 600w auto convert.MH+HPS from sunlight sheds, and now they're pulling my leg around. I don't want to lose business for anyone, but I wouldn't recommend buying a ballast from here. I had mine for 2 weeks, and I just started flipping breakers left and right, and found out that's what it was.

now... I've had the ladies in 12/12 for the past 12 days, with 4 T-12's and a 150w CFL.
and still absolutely no sign of sex....what now? my skunk and shiva and a mix are 2 ft. tall now, and my indicas are starting to go over 14". I don't know what to do. my space is completely sealed, ventilated, and perfect temps and humidity lvls. I'm not sure what the cause is, or if there's even a big problem. I just need these puppies to start blooming.

at last!
the ballast will be here in 4 days, and I have one girl thus far. (either big bud or bubble gum)

but, definably excited to get the light back on them, as I'm sure they'll be happy as well.

I'll have pictures of my girl once the buds start to build themselves.

The ballast people lied.. no ballast. nothing. the next ballast will be in, in feb. so I don't know what I'm going to do. I'm S.O.L. I suppose. and they aren't doing anything about it. I'm either going to have very small buds, or I'm going to have to invest more money on another ballast, that I've already paid for.

I don't know what to do. but either way is going to cost me.

:confused2:

that sux man, well, we all know what your gonna do, good luck hombre, hope all goes well

The difference in quantity and quanlity is worth going ahead and getting an HPS ballast now. Trying to flower those girls under flouros will be disapointing at best.

Besides, you now see the importance of a backup. No matter how much we hate to have a "spare" of anything, there are some components so important that it is wise to have backup. I live in a mountainous area where power outages are frequent, so I own a generator that will power everything I need powered. I didn't use it at all last year, but this year, I have used it 4 times.

Latest posts

Back