2nd Try. New Hydro system

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsfournineteengotaminuit

420 is a happy time
Reaction score
Ok Second time growing in hydro. Last grow did not go well and lost twelve plants. My fault lots of mistakes at once( spider mites, nut lock up, power outage and stupidity). Anyway start over. New system. Water Farm 8 on the way to my house. Should be here tomorrow or next day. Growing White Diesel from feminized seeds and have some White Widow/ Skunk & Medi Bud feminized seeds coming.Anybody heard of Medi Bud? Suppossed to be huge yeilds(the site claimed 1200 grams per plant).I'll take 600. not greedy. Gonna put in some pics of the diesel babys 7 days old and my grow tent and vent system. Blows right out of my heater chiminey. I have an ozone genorator to cover the odor. The seeds have been on 150 ppm of sensi grow a&b for 4 days. Will change that to 300 ppm tomorrow. Thats it for today......Toke it:watchplant: 10 12 07 003.jpg

10 12 07 004.jpg

10 12 07 006.jpg

10 12 07 007.jpg

Good luck on this one bro....keep us up to date. I am also starting a new grow with about 12 or 13 plants in my new hydro set up. I will post the picks later on today with all the info. Well GL again man...:goodposting::watchplant:

Good luck with the new setup... Looks great..

Are you running the ozone generator inside the tent?

I think I read somewhere on this forum that it could be bad to run one of those in a small space...

Peace,
B

Nope ..put the whole unit in the 4 inch vent duct. Makes a real pretty light inside the dryrer ducting.lol..........Toke it:bongin:

Ok here are the pics of the new system as it unpacks...seems like a very simple design and set up. Also a pic of the babys...9 feminized white diesel...9 days old. Arent they cute? Been on 300 ppm sensi grow part A & B for the last 2 days..gonna go to 600 in 2 more days. Let me know any sugestions you might have folks..love to catch mistakes or get sugestions before there is a problem. They are under 24"clf T5 for now. Gonna use one 400 hps and one 250 mh in the tent. 56" x56" x 7' tent. Enough light or should I take out the 250 and put in another 400?...Thanks for the suport people...........Toke it:watchplant:

11-30-07.jpg

11-30-07 1.jpg

11-30-07 2.jpg

itsfournineteengotaminuit said:
Ok here are the pics of the new system as it unpacks...seems like a very simple design and set up. Also a pic of the babys...9 feminized white diesel...9 days old. Arent they cute? Been on 300 ppm sensi grow part A & B for the last 2 days..gonna go to 600 in 2 more days. Let me know any sugestions you might have folks..love to catch mistakes or get sugestions before there is a problem. They are under 24"clf T5 for now. Gonna use one 400 hps and one 250 mh in the tent. 56" x56" x 7' tent. Enough light or should I take out the 250 and put in another 400?...Thanks for the suport people...........Toke it:watchplant:

I have that same system going right now. Gen Hydro Water Farm right? Let me know if you have any questions!

Stunzeed..

Alright folks..finally got all my girls moved. Hope the transfer doesn't shock then to much. Gonna try to make this a detailed as posible..Only place I'm writing this down so have to come here for references.They are on General Hydroponics Flora Micro (5 ml per gal.) Flora Gro (5 ml per gal)
Flora Bloom (5 ml per gal). That is keeping my nutrients at about 650 ppms. I am also using Advance VHO mixed at 500 ppm and using it a a foiler spray. The new system was a breeze to set up and get running. At the moment I am running the pump on1 hr off 1 hr ..and also hand watering till the roots get a little longer. I am running a 430 HPS Hortolux Bulb and a 250 MH on 18/6. Temps with the lights 72 to 75 with out 58 to 60 RH 72%. Ok I have a question? How long do most of you let your babys veg for? I want decent size plants but I only want to veg for three more weeks. They are about 13 days old now...will that do it? Also does anyone use hydrogen peroxide to help with disease? If so how and how often. Can I start spraying with neen oiol?. I had a problem with spider mights killing my last grow..Dont want that again. Cleaned everything with bleach before I started to make sure everything was clean. Let me know poeple and ofcorse all coments, suggestions and questions are welcome. ........Toke it:watchplant:

12 4 07 3.jpg

12 4 07 11.jpg

12 4 07 10.jpg

12 4 07 9.jpg

12 4 07 7.jpg

12 4 07 5.jpg

12 04 07 12.jpg

The way the air tube works...the air goes down one tube and then is allowed to come back up another tube bringing water up from the resevior with it. This drops into the ring and drips out..I am just runnung the pump 1 hr on 1 hr off like the directions said and see how that works. May need to adjust later........................Toke it

the only comment I would make is to suggest you drop your lights down lower to your plants. other than that, your settup looks very efficient and neat... nice job, my friend.

power to the plants! :farm:

i would deffinantly if you could change the way your plants are....id bunch the buckets a lil closer together and bring that light down baby!!!!!!! its way to high:eek:

:watchplant:Nice set up there bro. Now about the flowering question....you could actually begin the flowering stage whenever you want. I would though wait for the roots to get a little stronger, but other than that it's all a matter of personal preference I beleive, just depends on how big you want them to get. Well keep up the good work and GL man.:48:

Shakey B0n3S said:
i would deffinantly if you could change the way your plants are....id bunch the buckets a lil closer together and bring that light down baby!!!!!!! its way to high:eek:

I agree you are going to be to tight at the wall and all the best light is not over the top of the plants.
I dont see any benifit from haveing the center all open.

But it looks like you got a sweet room going and you will have a jungle in no time.

octobong007 said:
can anyone tell me in detail how the air pump circulates the water into ring? and is that left on all the time?

There is an air hose blowing into their patented little deal. The fixture has a hose and pipe that travels to the bottom of the bucket stirring up nutrient and oxygenating the water. It is awesome this is where you can buy just the drip fixture which is the best thing out of their whole system. Here it is. I am taking my rings and incorperating them into my new round bucket system. See the square buckets on the GH makes it a you know what to turn your plants for light. You have to pysically lift the bucket out about6 inches to turn it taking a big chance to damage the rootball. I am incorperating it into the system in the second link which I have built and will keep you posted..

http://thegrowlight.com/growlight/waterfarm-plumbing-kit-general-hydroponics.html

http://members.tripod.com/budsus_1/id34.htm

Stunzeed..

ghf200.jpg

Growdude said:
I agree you are going to be to tight at the wall and all the best light is not over the top of the plants.
I dont see any benifit from haveing the center all open.

But it looks like you got a sweet room going and you will have a jungle in no time.

A parabolic hood would be perfect for this grow. Or like the canadians...... Hang the light no hood in the middle of the plants. Reduces heat and it gives 360 degrees of light.

Stunzeed..

OK so I lowered my lights and rounded up the buckets best i could without kinking up the hoses. I swear they look bigger already! Nice set up Stunzeed....Thanks folks for the help......Toke it!

12 04 07 013.jpg

12 04 07 014.jpg

12 04 07 015.jpg

Latest posts

Back