Purple Mendo and White Widow ( club clones )

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

headband

Reaction score
These are 2 clones I bought at Organic Cannabis Foundation, in SF. I want some help, these being my first crop in all. I transplanted them from cups, into black buckets, now in final 5 gallon buckets. I bought the White Widow, not knowing it had minor root rot, which it grew out of after the transplant.

I vegged them under 4- 43watt (12,800 L) florescence and 8 hanging 23watt (12,400 L) compact florescent bulbs (25,200 L) total.

I now have these up in an attic under a 400 watt HPS and one of the tubes. I have all the florescence on a purple grapefruit goo seedling which I topped and that cheese seedling. The temperature's around (coolest) 73-83 (warmest). Its hard to keep the temperature stable because of the attic which has open vents and very little insulation but im handling it ok now in flowering. I just put these into 12/12 four days ago. I need some pointers on flowering nutrients and maybe some good techniques on how to produce a marijuana bush with dense buds instead of a tree and loose buds. I don't have the space to grow up after 4-5 feet. Will the plants grow to close to the light? Anything will help me. How do I get the most out of my plant? I could care less about quantity, all I want is QUALITY! Please give me all your grow tips on all stages. The white widow had powdery mildew and I sprayed her and she seems to be recovering. I broke a branch twisting her but i made a sling and all is still growing. The purple grape fruit goo that I topped, I did it again and now theres five tops, only 2 inches up so far. I lst the purple kush to bring more light and a better crop. Every branch is tied down a few inches, right before flowering. any tips? I have Fox Farm tiger bloom. Then im switching to cha ching.

11-04-07_2129.jpg

11-25-07_1726.jpg

12-01-07_1406.jpg

12-10-07_1549.jpg

12-10-07_1543.jpg

12-10-07_1545.jpg

12-09-07_2103.jpg

12-09-07_2104.jpg

12-09-07_2105.jpg

12-10-07_1546.jpg

12-10-07_1548.jpg

12-10-07_1547.jpg

What nutes are ya using? And do your buckets have good drainage holes? Im doing the purps too with no problems at all, be glad to help ya out.

mendo local said:
What nutes are ya using? And do your buckets have good drainage holes?
I had been using 10-15-10 during veg. I haven't used any for a good 2 weeks, what do you recommend?. yes there's holes all over the place, when I water it leaks all over.

Everything looks and sounds great. :aok: Here's some GREEN MOJO for them ladies. ;)

headband said:
I had been using 10-15-10 during veg. I haven't used any for a good 2 weeks, what do you recommend?. yes there's holes all over the place, when I water it leaks all over.

Well im using the cutting edge nutrients line for my nutes. There is a handy feeding hart they give ya woth the nutes, seems to work very well.

I always recommend topping at around 16 inches with the mendo purps, It keeps them low and they bush out more.
I usuall get about 6-8 good tops if i top them.

How long did you veg for? I usually do about 2 1/2 weeks before switching.

Also from the dirt up about 6 inches I clean off all the little branches and leaves.
Go through the entire plant right before you switch to flower and remove any branchs that are small and leggy.
If it looks like it wont grow to the top and produce a good bud dont waste your time with it, just cut if off.

This is the way I do things, everyone has their own ideas but for me this works excellent.
Good Luck with your grow!

mendo local said:
How long did you veg for?
If it looks like it wont grow to the top and produce a good bud dont waste your time with it, just cut if off.

For a month. I got them suckers pretty big, im not worried about time issues.
I should have topped her, never did.. topped the purple goo whose in 24 right now. There are some that I thought possibly taking off but not sure if its worth it. I know it will produce buds, but light fluffy small ones... if i clip em will this make the other buds more potent or is it not enough to even make a difference.
on the white widow theres white powder? is this mold. I bought it and noticed it once i got it home. I wipe it off and it comes back. Mold? what kind? Will this transfer to my other plant.

the white powder is powdery mildew, no bigge lots of remedies avail at your gardenning store. I use soyonara. mix a few teaspoons to 16 oz and spray it a cpl times. it kills it off. thats an easy fix. spider mites are the bad ones. Hope you dont get them.

As far as nutrients go, I dont know anything about fox farms. I use their soil and thats all.

Sounds like you doing well for the most part.
Good luck with your grow!

i sprayed the white widow(no lst) with a fungicide because it had powdery mildew. That was two days ago and it seems like its working although i was turing them and snapped a bomb branch on the ww. Im lst the kush because shes getting big.. bomby white hairs, razr camera phone wont justify.

12-21-07_2238.jpg

12-21-07_2240.jpg

12-21-07_2241.jpg

im curious...where is this grow area located in your house? looks like the attic.

Your ladies look excellent...

if you have not already, add a fan to keep the air circulating thru your grow, all the time, day and night...no more mildew...

jjsunderground said:
im curious...where is this grow area located in your house? looks like the attic.

Puffin Afatty said:
Your ladies look excellent...

if you have not already, add a fan to keep the air circulating thru your grow, all the time, day and night...no more mildew...
your right an attic... it doesnt matter whos house pal.;)i would make it nicer honestly, I cant just leave and have a white square painted on the floor in the attic, that looks suspicious... one time grow up here.

theres 2 fans, one blowing heat away from the hps and one bringing fresh oxygen from outside. look up on the pics. I sprayed her and its working. The one with out lst.

so heres some real pics with a camera, I did some lighting on one plant and a bunch of normal pictures of the lst and the branch break and so on, hows it look. I wasnt expecting this:cool: the pics go in order, top cola is straight on the white widow, the purple mendo is lst down and as bend top.

White widow and Purple Mendo flowering

Ive been trying for hours, I cant get it to be attach thumbnail and not picture so you can open and see close up... how do I do this?

th_IMG_1313.jpg

th_IMG_1305.jpg

th_IMG_1289.jpg

th_IMG_1287.jpg

th_IMG_1263.jpg

th_IMG_1307.jpg

Hashassin said:
Im Throwing all my luck your way brother = ) the ladies look fineeee..
thank you very much, hoping for some bomb
headband said:
I just put these into 12/12 four days ago. .
2 weeks 3 days :hubba:

any one know how to attach thumbnail?

Latest posts

Back