Starting My Drip System

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SALTROCK

Reaction score
Hello growers of the world,

I just moved here from another forum and already had a grow journal going there. So I'm gonna get you guys up to track. If anybody has any input feel free.
Thanks,
SALT

Gonna be growing in my drip system soon just wanted to post my grow. So my closet is 1'7" x 4'6" which will be my bloom room, also have another closet that is 2'9"x 1'9" that will be my veg after the clones get out from under flourecent lighting. So what I did is got a dutch tray. Got a PVC tube mounted on my wall. Which supports my 1/2 inch softubing. If anyone has any input I would appreciate it. Date of post 12/21/07

Thanks,
SALT

Just giving you guys an update. Im pretty stoked my clones rooted, it took them 12-15 days to root. After failing the first time. I am going to drip 3 plants because I still have a soil plant that I'm blooming so I need to make room on the far right, and I also have a 12 gallon res on the bottom, should be enough for about 7 days worth of feeding. I ran my system no leaks everything ran smooth. Though somthing would have gone wrong forsure 1. cause I'm new 2. somthing should always go wrong, but no that was a plus. I got some seeds coming from a company that I regret going with. Man, I wish I would have went through worldwidemarijaunaseeds. Going with them next time. Well if anybody has any input, it would be cool. Have a happy new year! Posted on 12/28/07
Well not to happy. lol

b420 001.jpg

b420 002.jpg

salt.jpg

Hello again,

Just thought I would give another update and show some pics. So here is that soil plant I was talking about, its been blooming for almost 2 weeks now. believe it or not it looked a lot worse 3 weeks ago after I had cloned it. . Also moved those clones from my flouresent lighting to my 400w room. They all seem to be pretty healthy. But the one on the bottom left seems to be a lighter green than most of the other plants. Posted on 1/4/08

Thanks,
SALT

b420 003.jpg

b420 012.jpg

Hello,

Just want to give you all an update. All my clones are doing great except than one clone on the bottom left it has yellowing on the edges and a couple of small leaves that are really curling under I hope you can see it in the pic. I transplanted 7 days ago into the rockwool and already seeing roots coming out of the bottom. So if anybody has a suggestions about that one clone feel free. Then the little plant you see is another clone I had from like 1 month ago one that I'm blooming .I bloomed it way to early but oh well it will be a solid little cola. Well have a nice one everybody. Posted on 1/7/08
Thanks,
SALT

b420 005.jpg

b420.jpg

Hey guys,

The next set of leaves that are coming in are not curling so im stoked. but Ill keep a close eye. One thing I never knew about PH levels is that you can adjust it between 6.0-6.5 one day and the next day the PH is off and needs adjustment. So im checking my PH every time I hand water them. So I am assuming that when I do my drip system that the PH is going to have to be checked like every day. A cool thing I came up with, was I had some little bird binoculars that were just sitting around, and my digital camera takes horrible close ups so I detached the front part of my binoculars getting the front lense and Im using it like a camera lense now I can get a better close ups check it. If anyone has any comments feel free. Posted on 1/9/08

Thanks,
SALT

b420 006.jpg

b420 011.jpg

b420 010.jpg

Whats up growers of the world,

Just wanted to give a little update. But Im pretty stoked its really my first grow other than that soil plant, and first time for rockwool. Im just pumped that there is no sign of nute burn or deficancey, got a long ways to go though. I could lower my 400w a little bit mabye like a foot, its like three feet away right now. But my plants seem happy why fix it if it aint broken. Knock on wood lol. If anyone has any input feel free. Posted on 1/10/08

Thanks
SALT

b420 008.jpg

b420 014.jpg

Now Im up to date. Here are some update pics on those clones had to spread out the plants, they were over taking each other. Well goodnight to all, and if any one has any comment or question please feel free.

Thanks,
SALT

b420 009.jpg

Nice Job Salt,
I'm anxious to see how the one blooms that you said you started early, I was thinking of doing a sea of green and start that early with a lot of plants in a small space so it will be interesting on the footprint (size) that it eventually will take up. Keep us posted.

What can ya say other then everything looks great. :aok: How tall is that one plant you have in flower?

Hello,

Thanks for the reply, I am going to have to use that space better, and hopefully I can get like 2 plants into the bloom room soon. There are a couple of the clones that are growing at a faster pace, but you are right it will get jungly in there. But if you have any suggestons or comments feel free.
Thanks,
SALT

SALTROCK said:
Just giving you guys an update. Im pretty stoked my clones rooted, it took them 12-15 days to root. After failing the first time. I am going to drip 3 plants because I still have a soil plant that I'm blooming so I need to make room on the far right, and I also have a 12 gallon res on the bottom, should be enough for about 7 days worth of feeding. I ran my system no leaks everything ran smooth. Though somthing would have gone wrong forsure 1. cause I'm new 2. somthing should always go wrong, but no that was a plus. I got some seeds coming from a company that I regret going with. Man, I wish I would have went through worldwidemarijaunaseeds. Going with them next time. Well if anybody has any input, it would be cool. Have a happy new year! Posted on 12/28/07
Well not to happy. lol

I've heard great things on here about Peak Seeds and Highgrade Seeds.

Hello,

There are 2 plants one is like 8 inches tall, and the other is about 3.5 feet tall. Here is a pic of it before I topped it, it is probably a foot taller now. I would get a better pic of the whole plant but i am not at home right now. Thanks for the responce.

Thanks
SALT

b420 015.jpg

b420 016.jpg

b420 017.jpg

Hello growers,

Just giving you guys an update on my veg room. My plants were getting to big for that container, I had to make better with the space I had. I had priced out bigger containers at a hydro shops either they wouldnt fit in the closet, or it may have givin me a little more space but not enough, plus they were like $40.00. So I went to home depot got a sheet of plywood that they cut to size, got some glue, some wooden dowels, and and some 1"x1" for the perimeter and some thick black plastic. I practicly built the thing in the store, I did all the cutting of my dowels and 1'x lol. Total cost was like $32.00. You can see in the pic how I used all of the items above. Well I hope this buys me enough time to let the plants get bigger. Here is a full size pic of that one plant, plus that little bugger behind it. If any one has any input or suggestions please feel free.

Thanks,
SALT

b420 001.jpg

b420 002.jpg

b420 004.jpg

b420 005.jpg

b420 003.jpg

Hey saltrock, how you doing? Nice looking plants you got there bro.

lookin good bro nice buds ,i hope all remains well for u

Hello Growers,

Sorry no pics today. Thanks for the reply 4u2smoke and Tom-Tom. Now as far as humidity goes, my humidity is usually around 44% with just the normal atmosphere, sometimes it gets as low as 20% is that bad? and would any old humidifier fix that? If anyone has any input please feel free.

Thanks
SALT

Hello Growers,

Just been a couple of days and just wanted to give you guys an update. Here are my clones, they are growing great requiring more and more water now, especailly the tallest one in that I have in that pic she ***** it right up. But you can see the difference between rockwool and that soil one I have in the back in veg. She is growing a bit slower. Also here is a pic if my other soil plant that has been in the bloom room for 27 days now. Its lookin pretty frosty. If any one could answer the question about the humidity in my last post that would be cool. If any one has any input feel free.

Thanks
SALT

b420 004.jpg

b420 005.jpg

b420 003.jpg

b420 001.jpg

b420 002.jpg

Hello GrowersI might run out of room soon so I might have to bloom 1 or 2 earlier than I wanted. The plants have been in veg now for 12 days. Do you think my soil plants bud looks to skinny for being in bloom for 28 days now? or should it fatten up? Here is a pic of the clones.
Thanks
SALT

b420 001.jpg

Latest posts

Back