SnowWhite Generation 5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puffin Afatty

Reaction score
:cool: This story really started 16 months ago when I ordered some beans from Gypsy. I put the beans into germination upon arrival and had all 10 pop and 7 of those turned out to be female.

My system is an ebb and flow, using the Lucas Formula for General Hydroponics Flora Series 3 part nutes(omitting the grow part entirely). 8 ml of micro in a gallon of distilled water, then 16 ml of bloom in the same gallon. I flood the roots every 2 hours(for 20 min) in flower and every 4 hours (for 20 min) in veg. I monitor the ph and ppm daily keeping the ph between 5.5 and 5.8 and the ppm around 800. BTW, I do NOT change the nutes for the whole grow, be it 1 gen or 10 gens. I add distilled water and/or nutes at the prescribed ratio. Also notice, I do not change my nutes for veg and flower, using the same formula for both cycles.

I use a 430w SonAgro hps bulb.

I grew these 7 ladies out thru three REgenerations to sort em out, finally deciding upon the current SnowWhite.(average yieild of all of them was about 6 oz per harvest) I harvested REGen 4 over a 2 week period just tuesday last, getting an excellent yield of 10 ounces dry weight(for just the ONE plant). Flower cycle was 12 weeks from when I flipped to 12/12. Today I took the final trim(1/2 oz when dry) and flipped the lights to 24/0 and the pump to every 4 hours.

As Snow White revegges, I will begin the trim-and-tie-down to cover the growing area. some call this a lst, I just call it a tie down.

I will post some before and after pics starting tomorrow and you can follow along with the process of this most efficient and inexpensive grow.

I have been babbling on about this special Lady SnowWhite for a while now and I have finally decided she needs to come out of the closet.

I hope you enjoy the ride as much as I will enjoy the outcome!!:D

Hey Puffin! Glad to see she's out of the closet. Can't wait to see how that set-up of yours works. Good luck on the reveg.

Ok, here are a couple pics as promised yesterday.

Dang its cold out there, 4 degrees above zero, but inside the grow room it's 61*.

In the first pic attached, you see the current state of SnowWhite REGen 5 on day 1 of 24/0. You may notice, there is a bit of smokable bud left, but I'll probably trim it. I left the rest to regenerate for the next harvest. As Gen 5 goes along, I will be tieing her down all around 3 sides.

In the 2nd pic attached, you will see my ballast on left, the res, safety overflow drain and grow container and various accoutrement.

SnowWhite Gen 5 day 1.JPG

SnowWhite System.JPG

thank you for a simple explanation of your nute set up even a 3yo could understand. this is why i grasped the concept so quickly

one more question... when you top off nutes do you do so with the same formula each time or do you alternate with plain distilled water? thank you

blunt said:
one more question... when you top off nutes do you do so with the same formula each time or do you alternate with plain distilled water? thank you

I use water and/or nutes as needed. if the meter reads 900ppm, I add water until it reads 800ppm. if the meter reads 700ppm, I add nutes until it reads 800ppm.:hubba:

Howdy again folks.
:watchplant: It's day 4 of 24/0 and nothing really has changed. I've trimmed a bit of the old, still intend to remove 1/2 of what is in pic above. I will post another pic thursday after I trim a bit more and tie some of her down. room is a toasty 70* 20% humidity. pump is running every 4 hours for 20 minutes. ph is 5.6, ppm is 800, res temp is 74*. no new growth expected until day 7-10. :watchplant:

thw widowmaker asked:

Is there any reason in particular as to why you regenerate it so many times??

no real reason, except it gives me the chance to really get to know 1 particular plant.

:D Howdy SnowWhite REGen 5 fans!!!

It's now been 7 days since I flipped lights to 24/0 and new growth is readily apparent thru out the old growth. lots of yellowing of the old and greening of the new.

Nothing much has changed, I trimmed a little, tied a little.

the pics below notice the new growth coming from the yellowing old growth. In the center back of the front facing pic you can see it clearly. all those single blade twisty leaves too all over. also, the little green leaves are starting to poke out of the old buds and stems.

In the next week I can expect to see explosive new growth and the tie down begins in earnest. vacations over as I always say, now the work begins.:D

SnowWhite Generation 5 day 7f.JPG

SnowWhite Generation 5 day 7s.JPG

With all due repect, Ms. White appears to be having a bad hair day. :rofl: can't wait to see the new growth!!

yes, she is looking so shabby. that will soon change, almost none of that which is currently there will even be visible as she regrows. I have to remove at least 1/2 of what you see.

Latest posts

Back