Micro stealth grow with CFLs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thorn

Micro Queen
Reaction score
Ok so this is my second grow. Strain is one Easy Sativa seedling thats been on the windowsil for a week. Repoted today and it had a nice little root system already. I have very little space so am going straight into flowering.

Grow medium is 1/3 compost, 1/3 Perlite, 1/3 Vermiculite. No nutes as of yet.

My grow space is 15" Cubed. Temperature was around 80 F before I stuck down the walls of my grow box, and I'm keeping an eye on it now its all sorted.

Will be doing some major LST to get it leaning over like Pot Belly's Afghani 12/12 from seed.

This one is now on 12/12 as of today and at the moment is set to come on for 1 hour during dark period as I heard this helps to produce female. Here's some pics..

ra 001.jpg

ra 002.jpg

ra 003.jpg

Do you have anymore seeds? It would be a bummer if it turned out to be a male. For me my male to female ratios are poor. Not even 50%. So hopefully it turns out to be a little girl. Goodluck on the grow!

similar to my set up. just less CFL's =) , I wouldnt have the lights turn on for an hour durring dark period all this is gonna do is make your flowering period longer , make it take longer to show sex , and a possible hermie plant. if you need any pointers with CFL micro growing come stop by my grow journal some time!

looking good
GG

thanx GG, yea i have briefly browsed over your journal, looks good. Gonna go take out the 1 hour light in dark period.

Yea i do hav more seeds but not too much room hence why i'm doin 12/12 now.

wow, I am defiantly going to be paying attention to this grow...I really want to grow but dont want anything to big...kinda like what your doing.

*bookmarks this page*

Time to watch :watchplant:

Thanks man, this is only my second grow. I know i'm takin a bit of a risk with only one plant if it turns out male but i do have other seeds.. Counted them today and i hav 2 easy sativa (like this one) left and 6 afghan. Although the afghans seemed to struggle germinating last time.

Ok I currently have no ventilation or fan. And i really need one as the temp today was 32 C / 88 F which is steaming lol! I need something i can plug in to come on with my lights on there extension lead and timer. Any ideas?

pickup some 80mm computer fans from a local comp store or from newegg.com *3 bux a fan is all i think*.. then pickup a 12v power adapter with at least 300 miliamps, then just chop the end off the fans(the 12v plug), chop the end off the power adapter (the cylinder looking plug), and wire em directly together, plug it into the wall (that way the fans always on, even during night, more air why not..).

i think u can get some 12v's from radioshack, not sure on that one though

there is one alternative

my friend ordered two of these 120mm fans from here: http://www.buyextras.com/su12acfan.html
they are ready for 120v just wire one on (2 leads)plug em in and go. -- but they might have smaller ones, 120mm is pretty big fer your space

http://www.buyextras.com/suac1180fanw.html

ya thats exactly what im talkin bout. think i might pick up one of those to replace my bulky fan.

just ordered, so should be good.

Not sure when to start adding nutes. The nutes i have with NPK are:

Wilkos Wonder Grow: 16 - 10 - 27 plus trace elements
Baby Bio: 10.6 - 4.4 - 1.7 (i think)
Fish Blood and Bone: 5 - 5 - 6.5

wilkos wonder grow sounds pretty harsh? id go with fish blood and bone , remember man u gotta put this stuff in your body dont want to toxic waste ferting your plant =)

i use Lilly Miller:Vita Bloom, 10-10-10 but i also grow 12/12 all the way threw.

Cheers man, the wilkos one is what i used last time and they loved it. how far into growing should i start ferting?

ClosetGrow420 said:
wow, I am defiantly going to be paying attention to this grow...I really want to grow but dont want anything to big...kinda like what your doing.

*bookmarks this page*

Time to watch :watchplant:

U can grow any size u want and any size size box!!
My grow box is 3x4x7 and the tallest from flowering, I had was a good 4 foot and the smallest I had is 4 inches. I don't use all that space in Hieght wise always cram the bottom with Pots and wait for male o show just to be a Killer LOL

Ok this morning I looked at my baby to find something interesting... on its first set of true leaves are another leaf coming off each, like there 2 point leaves! I find this very strange and don't think i've ever seen that before. Got some piccies too so take a look...

Is that a good or a bad sign for a plant this young? Oh also the fan came today woohoo! So in a few hours when she wakes up i'll be able to see if it works :D

1.JPG

2.JPG

SP_A0236.jpg

Thorn said:
Ok this morning I looked at my baby to find something interesting... on its first set of true leaves are another leaf coming off each, like there 2 point leaves! I find this very strange and don't think i've ever seen that before. Got some piccies too so take a look...

Is that a good or a bad sign for a plant this young? Oh also the fan came today woohoo! So in a few hours when she wakes up i'll be able to see if it works :D

its normal man , every plant is differnt.

Looking good man, need ta germ about 3-4 more and stuff em in there though with that one u got :) (it would **** to get a male off just that 1, this will increase your chances of females)

Thorn said:

its going to be a good sign:D

Latest posts

Back