3rd Season Grow Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deeeeeed

Medical Stoner
Reaction score
I decided to do a grown journal this year, with help from members, make this my best grow. First year was a disaster, not enough information to make it work. Last year wasn't bad. I had two plants that I grew outside, Purple Erkle, and they yielded about 2 pounds. Not bad for my second year. I am in California and the weather here is perfect for growing..
I got my plants Monday, clones, and have them under a grown light until there is enough light outside. I have not transplanted them into a larger pot, yet.
My strains are: White Widow
Purple Goo
I can't find any informationon the Purple Goo, does anyone have any information on that strain? I'm kicking myself for not getting two of the White Widow, but I wanted two different strains this year.

PurpleGoo.jpg

WhiteWidow.jpg

Some additional information on my grow: I will be growing in wine barrels, in my back yard. A little nervy with nosy neighbors, but worth the effort. I do have my doctors recomendation, and a cool neighbor! My clones are guaranteed female.
I haven't decided on soil for my containers. Last year, I used a combination of Miracle Gro and Supersoil, and had great results. Last year, I struggled with finding the proper nutes, so this year I have ordered the FOX Farms three pack and, I was thinking of going with Supersoil. Any recomendations?

Thanks for any info.

Stay away from soil that has too many nutrients in it. The FoxFarm soil (not the one with fish in in) work best.

I (and other growers in the "Collective") have run into over-feeding and nutrient burns with soil that has ferts impregnated in it already.

Miracle grow is ok but your choice to use FoxFarm nutes is a good one. I have had nothing but positive results from this company and am pleased with the products.

....But be careful. I have burned the CRAP out of a Grandaddy Purple crop using FoxFarm Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom.

Use sparingly.

-FNG

OOPS... Well I think the WW bit the dust. I repoted a little early, using Supersoil and Bone Meal. There were looking good for a few days, when all of a sudden the WW had a droopy leaf. So, I adjusted the lights and tried to let it be. Then another droopy leaf. This morning, it kealed over from the middle. I cut it off and put it back in the dirt, hoping for the best.

The good news is the Purple Goo is looking wonderful. Lovely new leaves and has grown 1/2 inch hopefully developing new roots, too.

I see a few mistakes I made, but there are some things I would like cleared up. I do my growing outdoors, so the lights are temporary. How long under the light? I have seen 18/6, is that what you need for new clones when do you switch to 12/12? I will probably be moving them outdoors the end of April, first part of May. I want to get another WW and don't want to repeat my mistakes. Obvisouly!!

Any info would be appreciated..

PurpleGoo.jpg

WhiteWidow.jpg

Keep them on 18/8 or a solid 24/0 till you put them outside.

I would recommend 12/12 after the sixth week for an outdoor grow or one week after they pre-flower.

If you take that top and dip it in rooting hormone them put it in rockwool under a 24 hr light it may bonuce back...doubtful though.

I'm back with pictures. My White Widow plants are at almost 6 weeks and looking pretty good, I might add.:D I'm feeding Fox Farms every other watering, carrying them outside every morning and inside every night. They are about 19 inches tall. BTW: I had to get new ones, these were purchased 3/10......

WW5Wks.jpg

WW5Wks2.jpg

The clones are looking great my friend. Definitely very healthy. Great work. Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

Well these two clones have gotten so big, I need to transplant, but my next size up is the wine barrels and they have to stay outside. They are very hard to manage, carrying back and forth every day. :fid: These photo's were taken last week.
When I follow the directions for Fox Farms and add what they say to add, I get very yellow follage, until I water with plain water. The good news is they need lots of water, since they are root bound. Hope to be able to transplant, soon.

004.JPG

003.JPG

Help, I need to repot these babies. They are three feet tall and growing an inch or two a day. The low temps are 50 - 54, I read that it has to be a minimum of 60 low temp. If I repot, will they survive. I don't want to lose them, especially when they are growing so well. I am having to water twice a day... What if I wrapped the pot in burlap for the night? Thanks for you help in this.. Dee Dee

I'm sure they'll survive. I've only seen a marijuana plant die due to massive over fertalization and extreme lack of water. Marijuana is definately a survivor and a trooper. I'd try the berlap thing, maybe a blanket or something. You can try putting a blanket in the dryer for a bit to heat it up, then wrap it around the pot. Might help. Best of luck to ya, and the grow is looking awsome!

don't let the root-bind get too bad. It will kill your girls from the bottom up.

Been awhile, sorry. We had a horrible wind storm here in Northern CA and I had some damage to one of my plants. I tried tying the plant up to save the top, but to no avail. I had to top it by about three feet, the branches just kept coming off. The first pictures are after the wind damage then there are photo's now at 17 weeks. The plants went into flower a couple of weeks ago. Doing nicely, if I do say so myself. I was able to successfully root a couple of the branches. Maybe, I'll get two harvests.

These are White Widow

Week14.jpg

Week14a.jpg

Wk16.jpg

Week17.jpg

Week17a.jpg

Wow! they're beautiful. If you took off three feet, just how tall are they now? They look huge and beautiful.

Congrats

Thanks, the one that didn't get wind damage is 5 feet, from the top of the wine barrel, the other one is just 3.5 feet. I can only get my arms, and they are long arms, a third of the way around. The buds are forming rapidly, I'm feeding with the Fox Farms Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom.

Just how smelly is an outdoor grow? Could your neighbors smell it, or would they just have to walk up on it?

Congrats btw

huh, ive had the opposite in central cali. recent heat wave and no winds... luckly i had an a/c for little reason than this.

Looking beautiful man, great job! Keep up the good work. Those are some nice healthy plants and i bet you get a heavy harvest my friend. And as far as out side growing and smell, some plants smell worst than others, so some you cant smell and others you can smell a block away like skunk#1. Will be checking back periodicaly to see your beautiful plants flowering. Peace and Love!!!
Roken.

Latest posts

Back