My next attempt at a Grow Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BenDover

Reaction score
I was able to get some mature clones, 2 that are from the same mother, of unknown strain. One other is from a Kush, and the last is a clone from a Blueberry mother.

My set up is as follows in the veg area (about 4'x4'x4'), I have an ebb and flow hydro system with a 400w MH running on an 18/6 schedule. I have the Kush, the Blueberry, and one of the unknown strain in this area. I am using GH 3-part Flora series nutes, and I am following the dosing guide from their website.

And, in the flower room (about 4'x4'X6') there is another ebb and flow system and a 400w HPS. I have the light on 12/12. I'm using the same GH 3-part Flora series nutes per the dosing guide. After the first change of nutrients, next week, I will add some GH MaxiBloom.

I've also included some pic's of my veggie area. :D

test 019.jpg

test 017.jpg

test 015.jpg

test 012.jpg

test 011.jpg

test 005.jpg

test 006.jpg

test 007.jpg

test 008.jpg

Well, come to find out that I not only picked up some nice mature clones, I also somehow picked up mites as well.:mad:

I sprayed them with some organic pepper wax. This stuff does wonders for all the other plants in and out of my house, so I hope that it is ok to use on the MJ. :holysheep:

At least I caught it early. :eek:

BenDover said:
Well, come to find out that I not only picked up some nice mature clones, I also somehow picked up mites as well.:mad:

I sprayed them with some organic pepper wax. This stuff does wonders for all the other plants in and out of my house, so I hope that it is ok to use on the MJ. :holysheep:

At least I caught it early. :eek:

BUMMER! kill ! kill! Good Luck on the grow, gotta love knowing your getting females.

goodluck bendover ,,,nice grow area you ve got there ,,,,
hope the mite problems gone away ,,,and we see some beautiful ladies :tokie:

I think I worked those mites over with that pepper spray wax. :D

But, I noticed that my Kush has some curled leaves at the top now. I think it's from the spray. I will post some pics in a few hours. All of the other plants in the veg look great. :cool:

I have to wait a few hours to see how my flowering girl faired with the spraying.

I'll be back...

:bongin:

thestandard said:
...gotta love knowing your getting females.

Tell me about it. I've had terrible luck with getting my seedlings to work out. :eek:

Thanks for the luck, I think I need it. :D

Here are the pics that I said I would take. I tried to get a picture of the mites, you can kind of see it in the last picture.

test 006.jpg

test 001.jpg

test 002.jpg

test 003.jpg

test 004.jpg

test 005.jpg

test 007.jpg

Damn those mites!! Everything else looks great though. Im wishing you the best of luck on the grow and I hope to see some more pictures in the near future. Good luck once again. Until then, grow it big my friend. Take care.

Spider mites are the devil man!
Damm looks like you got a sweet setup too.
Maybe you would be better off at this point in your grow to dismantle the grow room and bug bomb and start over spider mites this early is some bad news.

Good luck man.

Well, I'm having trouble with my little girls. Here are the pics of the little ones and I have diagnosed to the best of my knowledge that they are over nuted.

Here's a rundown of my set up with statistics...
Box: 4'x4'x4'
Light: 400w MH on 18/6 (plants are ~16"s away from bulb)
Hydro: Ebb and Flow
Media: 2" rockwool cubes filled in with hydroton.
Feeding cycle: 3 times a day for about 40 minutes.
Nutrients: GH 3 part flora series.
Constant temperature and humidity at 76* F and 40%, respectively.
Tap water allowed to let the chlorine evaporate and adjust the pH down to about 6 to 6.5 using plain distilled white vinegar.

I don't have the info on the exact mL/gal on the nutes for the last two nute changes. But, I measured the ppm @ about 1200 on the last batch, and about 750 on the newest batch (which is currently in the res.) at a pH of 6.

It appears that the rockwool cubes are not able to dry out, and the nutrients that they have absorbed which is now higher ppm due to the evaporation of the water. I tried running about a half gallon of fresh pH(d) H2O over the one Kush. I measured the run off of about 195ppm and the fresh water ppm is at about 170ppm. So, I am going to keep the little girls out of the Ebb and Flow area, until the rockwool is given a chance to dry out, and then I will provide a fresh solution of weak nutes.

Any input is greatly appreciated. :cool:

IMG_8076.JPG

IMG_8075.JPG

IMG_8074.JPG

IMG_8073.JPG

IMG_8072.JPG

IMG_8071.JPG

Could be a lot of things but I would say stop the nutes now.. After a few days of good ph watering start on a 1/2 the bottle nutrient regimen. GH bottle recommendations are slightly high for some strains. That may help but they are small for so many different stresses. GL bro!!!

sweetnug said:
That may help but they are small for so many different stresses. GL bro!!!

I know, it *****. Plus, I'm a stoner so when I try to react to the issue I'm afraid I am reacting the wrong way. I will take your advice on the straight water for a week or so. I figured that I might just hand water them everyother day or so.

Thanks for the help! As you can tell, I could use it.:holysheep:

I just hope that I am able to get some sprouts up, so that I can increase my chance for sucess. I figure that if I'm able to get 6-8 healthy plants out of 20 plants, the success ratio is similar now, but I only have the 4 plants right now.

Someone please, send me some green Mojo!:watchplant:

yup. 5.8 perfect, But it can vary a little with each strain but thats a great starting point, it will not vary much though.

Latest posts

Back