Autoflowering plants question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fadeux

Intelligent Moron
Reaction score
Looking at the "Lowrider 2" strain, it says that it is autoflowering. What exactly does that mean? The plant automatically starts flowering when it wants to? Do you need to switch to twelve/twelve at that point, or, can you leave it on 18/6 and give it that much more bud producing light?

From what I've gathered on the info on dutchbreed.com about their autoflowering seeds, the time the plant flowers at is determined by it's genetics and not light cycle. I'm not quite sure which would be the best light cycle to go with for optimum yield, but my best guess would be 18/6 through entire grow like you mentioned.

I am also unsure. I hope a pro enlightens us...Take care and be safe.

I am doing my first grow and trying the Lowryder X2. I ordered from Dr. Chronic and got my seeds to Western US in 6 days including weekend. Germinated for two days on 4/28. Planted and the next day they were already sprouting and are going like gang busters.

There is a lot of good info at www.dope-seeds.com/lowryder_grow_guide.htm.

It states that you should run a 18/6 cycle the whole way through but that you can switch to 16/8 in the last month with no loss of yield.

Also, check out the grow journals. There are some great Lowryder journals.

Good Luck.

i have another question about these, is the only way to continue growing them by making seeds or can you clone them?

isthatjohnstamos said:
i have another question about these, is the only way to continue growing them by making seeds or can you clone
them?

From what I understand, you can clone any medium to any medium. 1 space for flowering plants, another one for clones. You would run that process with several flourecent lights.

Keep the mothers seperate from the crop. Feed them enough to keep them growing at their own pace. Find the best female in your bunch and clone her.

This whole Cali thing has gone crazy.

Autoflowering is set in its genes, you cannot clone them, once life has started it is a predetermined amout of time till death, that is 9-10 weeks, if you cut the plant, it is still going to die in 9-10 weeks, lighting can be 24/0 or any combination and it will still die in 9-10 weeks, 18/6 is fine if your saving electricity or 24/0 for max harvest, so its seed only for each plant, simply let a male pollinate and you will have lots and lots of free seeds that cost $70 for 10, no need to buy seeds anymore :), they have bigger yields if grown indoors and roughly an ounce per plant if grown outdorrs depending on how good a grower you are, ideal plants for starters or people who want mini harvests while waiting for the big girls to finish, sometimes its best to hear info from experience instead of reading it on a web site ;)

Thanks Hippy. That cleared up a lot of gray areas on this strain for me. Take care and be safe.

nice very nice the thing is that u can clone the LR#2 but its not worthed becouse u will stun the grow of original plant , and clone will not do well at all ill stay very small (i did it and all it did was mest up my plant) as far as light regim u cango with 24/7 18/7 16/7 i keep mine 16/7 and the same results as 18/7, as far as seeds i agree once u pollinate the plant u will get a lot of seeds ,look up my GJ i got over 300 seeds out of 5 inch tall plant :). its worth of growing at least once just to seee the difference.

Latest posts

Back