First Timer Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trophy_1

Reaction score
Six plants from bagseed...

Day 55 - Vegging under 4 T12 40watt 4 foot tubes 24/7.

Growing in Hyponex soil using Miracle grow for nutes.

Ranging 12 - 14 inches tall. Had a PH problem about day 30 which I think set them back a couple weeks, but they have recovered nicely. Have been using R/O water on them since the set back.

Have a 400 watt HTG HPS on the way, plan to flower them in a large closet. Hopefully my HPS gets here by the weekend, so I can begin flowering next week.

DSC00030.JPG

DSC00031.JPG

DSC00033.JPG

Looks nice, but you're probably losing a lot of useful light. I'd build a nice vegging box if I were you. Everything is looking nice and healthy for sure.

Thanks, for the comments. I'm looking at this grow as my On the job training, lol. I'm just finishing up my flower room I'll get some pics of that up this weekend.

I plan on ordering some seeds for the next batch. I'm thinking White Widow that batch :hubba:

OK, Flower room pics....

The room is a bit over 3 feet wide and is almost 5 feet deep. It is a closet under the basement steps so the ceiling tapers down towards the back. The ceiling starts at about 7 feet by the door and is about 4.5 at the back. I figure it will be a good room for about 3 - 4 plants at a time. The walls are painted flat white and the door is covered with a white plastic picnic table cloth, lol.

I stuck the 6 plants in and with the light on constant for now while I check temps and light leaks. The biggest one has female preflowers, the other 5 are not showing yet, hopefully they will here in the next few days. Took two clones from each plant. When the males show themselves I'll remove the corresponding clones. The law averages suggest I should end up with 3 females, keeping my fingers crossed.

I Plan on moving the light closer to the canopy.

Also, is it best to center the shorter plants directly under the light with the larger ones to the outside?

DSC00034.JPG

DSC00035.JPG

DSC00036.JPG

I just went to check the babies when the lights came on and found another Girl. :yay: So as of now I have 2 girls and 4 undetermined. Whats funny is its my 2 biggest plants that are the females. They are now 21 inches high for a 7 inch jump in a little under a week.

I think I'm going to put something under the pots of my two small plants in the middle to even the canopy and get them closer to the light.

DSC00039.JPG

DSC00040.JPG

hey trophy 1 , looking good man, yeah, thats what i do to the shorter ones, throw something under them to match the others. those "runts" can be some good smoke ya know. :) . looking good , green mojo bro.:D ...

OK, found a couple smaller pots to give them a boost, lol...

DSC00001.JPG

Congrats on the ladies, and good job wit the pot :laugh: Good luck and smoke good :D

Discovered two more females over the weekend for a total of 4 females and two undetermined. The two tallest are now 30 inches in the pic. I'm really amazed at the rapid growth.

Gave them MG bloom nutes last night for the first time. The one on the left has white pistils popping out all over her.

DSC00003.JPG

OK not something you NEED to do but next time around, and even now it's really not something you want to do if it's a first time but you might be ok if you are gentle LOL. Before you flower next time cut the lower growth off ( about 1/3), use them for clones etc.

I never clone after 2 weeks flower but I always cut the lower 3rd before flowering. Those lower branches will not produce as well as the upper stuff so make them put the energy into the top growth...I must say though those lower branches are really getting tall, do you know what strain that is?

Plants look very nice BTW for the first time, and with MG they look awesome. Keep it up:D

HI Snuggles, I actually did take some clones from the bottoms of all my plants pulled 4 off the one on the left. I built a bubbler cloner that massproducer laid out in the DIY section.

I have no idea as far as the strain goes, has some indica in it for sure. Came from a bag of mid-grade stuff. Do you have a guess as to what it might be? Basically I'm just hoping for an oz of decent smoke from each female.

I plan to veg my female clones until this batch is done and roll them right into flower when I harvest these. Try and get a perpetual thing going. Looking to order some white widow seeds also.

Thanks for the advice and encouragement. :)

Good for you, it's fun isn't it? Looks indica to me, fat leaves not many fingers. But they are tall for 100% indica at least the stuff I have grown.

Its ok with me to have some sativa in it, I kinda like the heady high myself. Plan on not letting the trichs get too much amber in them before I harvest to avoid it being couch lock weed, lol. :D

I do have some GH Maxibloom on the way and plan on trying some blackstrap molasses also to fatten up the buds. :D

Day 14 of flower, they are all females :D. The bad thing is its a bit crowded in the ole flower room. Thinking of maybe turning my light 90 degrees and running my pots two wide three deep. Then maybe supplement lighting with some cfls or go with a smaller hps maybe a 150 or 250 to go with the 400.

Started using GH MaxiBloom on them lastnite. Looks like lots of buds forming. Going to try some Blackstrap molasses on the next feeding. Overall I'm pretty happy with how its going.

DSC00004.JPG

DSC00005.JPG

DSC00006.JPG

DSC00007.JPG

DSC00008.JPG

DSC00009.JPG

It may be a little late now but, I think I would try to get them into some bigger pots. They look great though! Larger pots(roots) will increase that yield greatly I think. But this is just my $.02 Grow on bro!

Thanks for the compliments everyone. About 5 - 6 more weeks till they are ready I'm guessing. I added more soil to the pots lastnite because some roots are showing on the stem above the soil line. I'd be a little scared to move them to bigger pots now. Didn't expect them to grow so fast the last couple weeks, I put them in flower at 12 - 14 inches and the two biggest are now 43 inches tall :holysheep:....:D:D:D

Latest posts

Back