Buds to heavy.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tater

Diamonds on the inside
Reaction score
I have one plant in a hydro set up and their are like 9 or 10 main bud sites (its in my grow journal in my sig) but the buds are so heavy now the branches are starting to fall on top of one another. Is this ok or can I tie them up without wrecking all the new trichomes that are exploding all over the place?

my first grow got so out of control i had string goin everywhere tryin to stand em up. happened overnight, i opened the door and i thought someon chopped my plants but they all dominoed over together..its funny now.

ok I'll try to tie them up tomorrow, I'll use some hemp string.

Well my frend...sounds like you have a problem most would want to have...all good addvice given..I use support stakes..and tie her up..good luck

LOL--One of those "problems" we would all love to have. I can't remember where I got it, but I have some "floral velcro" (I don't know what else to call it). It is about 1/4" wide on a roll with hook on one side and loop on the other isde. It is very soft, however, unlike regular velcro. You cut it to length and it is reusable.

Your girls are looking wonderful!

Tater:

I had much the same problem in the Ebb/Flo plants. I put them to flower at about 14", and they bud out so heavy that there is no way they can stand up on their own...:eek:

I made 4 stand-alone posts, and ran a cross member (round tomato plant stake) between them on the ends, and then was able to cross-tie the plants where I wanted them to be, without having to really tighten anything up. Made for a nice, flexible support system for them that was easy to manage.

052208_006.jpg

Still getting used to your pics here, so hope this doesn't come out too large. Full sized pic is in thumbnail.

ISO

052208 006.jpg

Thanks for all the suggestions guys I'm going to go tie them up now, I'll post pcs when I'm done. Oh and welcome to the forum ISO2BWELL thanks for the pic and I'm sure you'll like it here.

Well looks like I got it all sorted out, but now my finger tips are covered in resin lol. Not that thats a bad thing, hope I didn't damage to many trichs while I was adding the supports but the added light they will now get should make it worth it. Pics as promised.

000_0286.JPG

000_0287.JPG

000_0288.JPG

000_0289.JPG

Those are very nice my friend dont worry about damage to trichs...I just choped one a week early cause she was just to heavy...but she was just at 50/50..should be a good upity HIGH..Good luck the rest of the way

Thanks man, I'm pretty impressed for my first grow. I made a lot of mistakes along the way but I learned a lot to.

Call the local Balloon Lady or Party Center. Order a couple of dozen helium balloons and attach an "S" hook on the end of each string. Hook the stem at the desired location and see how the balloon takes the weight off the branch. The "S" hook allows you to easily adjust how the balloon is pulling by simply changing the location of the hook on the branch. Furthermore, the plant is now open to more light while doing less work, hence better harvest.
The real fun comes when you get wrecked and talk with the helium.

Barrelhse said:
Call the local Balloon Lady or Party Center. Order a couple of dozen helium balloons and attach an "S" hook on the end of each string. Hook the stem at the desired location and see how the balloon takes the weight off the branch.

Have you actually done this?? i would think that helium and heat arent very friendly to each other while those balloons deflate with time, they would fall on the plants breaking stems and branches, even worst fall on a light and start a fire, just doesnt seem worth the effort of doing something like that.. just my opinion..:aok:

Firepower said:
Have you actually done this?? i would think that helium and heat arent very friendly to each other while those balloons deflate with time, they would fall on the plants breaking stems and branches, even worst fall on a light and start a fire, just doesnt seem worth the effort of doing something like that.. just my opinion..:aok:

DITO...better have fire ext handy..

Latest posts

Back