Megans Nirvana NL and Critically Smashed Journal!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megan23247

Sexy Female Grower
Reaction score
Ok since I got my seeds yesterday and they are already germing I figured now would be a good time to start my journal and tell everyone bout my setup.

Im growing some Nirvana Northern Lights and some Critically Smashed beans! :hubba: Im growing in a closet using a 430 watt Son Agro HPS bulb with a hood and a seperate ballast. Growing in soil that im going to make myself cause I cant get any FF around here and I refuse to pay more for shipping than the product even cost :rolleyes: . So I took some pics last night of everything ill be using and my seeds should be sprouting any day so soon as they do ill post more pics and info.

So hopefully a few people will follow my grow and help me along the way cause Im sure ill need it! This is my 2nd grow BUT my first "real" grow with good seeds so im totally stoked! :D

Thanks in advance for stoppin by and ANY comments helpful or otherwise are greatly appreciated. :)

products.jpg

Well, being your location says (( Sexy Stonerville, Tx ))...:hubba:

I am game to watch this one.;):D :banana:

Seriously though, Looks like you are off to a good start.

lookin like you are an intelligent grower did the research and reward isnt far behind..im subscribing to your journal i know youll kick butt..lots of good green mojo to you

Youve got some great ingredients there. I will be pulling up a chair myself. Best of luck. And here, take this and pass to the left!:bongin: :stoned:

What kind of ventilation setup do you have? Ventilation in a closet can be a bit tricky sometimes.

HMGanja said:
What kind of ventilation setup do you have? Ventilation in a closet can be a bit tricky sometimes.

Well so far ventalation hasnt been an issue because my last grow only ended up being two plants and the closet is fairly big, im not sure exactly what the measurments are but ill find a couple pics or take some and show you. The closet opens into a bedroom that has one window and is empty and so usually I leave the door open and it seems to get plenty of air BUT my boyfriend mentioned something about some kind of ventalation since this time the PLAN ;) is to have more plants and that we would prob need to come up with something. The only thing is that we are only renting this house for a year and cant make any perminent modifications But like I said im open for what ever and I have the closet and a whole big room to work with so any ideas would be great! Thanks. :aok:

Cali*Style said:
Well, being your location says (( Sexy Stonerville, Tx ))...:hubba:

I am game to watch this one.;):D :banana:

Seriously though, Looks like you are off to a good start.

Have you ever been there? Its very beautiful and the weather stays hot! lol:D

megan23247 said:
I have the closet and a whole big room to work with so any ideas would be great! Thanks. :aok:

Well if it comes to it, you could put em in the room and just have some oscilateing fans in there to move some air around. That is, if the room has a/c.

Megan,
Did you check Fox Farm's website to see if there are any Fox Farm dealers in your area? Assuming you live in TX like your profile says, then here's the link. <Replace the two Xs in 'HXXP' to Ts as in 'HTTP'>

hxxp://foxfarmfertilizer.com/distributors/dist_state.php?state=TX

I hear TX is big so maybe there's a slight chance you don't live in driving distance, if you don't, well darn I'm sorry....but that mix in the pic above will do I'm sure.

You got yourself a nice little setup there. I also just reciebed some critically smashed seeds from the doc and have one germing now. Looks like are grows will be about the same age. So i will be checking this journal out for sure.

Prodigious Puff said:
Megan,
Did you check Fox Farm's website to see if there are any Fox Farm dealers in your area? Assuming you live in TX like your profile says, then here's the link. <Replace the two Xs in 'HXXP' to Ts as in 'HTTP'>

hxxp://foxfarmfertilizer.com/distributors/dist_state.php?state=TX

I hear TX is big so maybe there's a slight chance you don't live in driving distance, if you don't, well darn I'm sorry....but that mix in the pic above will do I'm sure.

Yes thats exactly what I did but get this, the one place around me that I could acually drive to that has it ONLY sells it online! :hitchair: Can you believe that? I called them and was gonna see if I could just come in and get a bag and they said they only do wholesale or online :rolleyes: figures. BUT I recently talked to the person at my local headshop and he said he was going to see what he could do about getting FF in cause I wasnt the only customer who has asked for it. :hubba:

Bummer, but hopefully he can get some in! Don't get me wrong, you can make some quality soil with the stuff in the pic, bit OF is just SO easy and great!! It's kinda weird how growing can make you appreciate things that you used to not care 2 cents about. When I used to pass through the gardening sections in Walmart Home De Pot, I'd be like,"pssh flower stuff." Now I'm in heaven! I mixed a new batch of soil for my tomatoes today and I was SOO proud of it!!! Maybe it's just me, I don't know, but good luck with your grow meg.

Believe me PRODIGIOUS I totally understand what you mean about the Lawn and Garden section. I used to not even pass by that section at walmart but now im like you and even if im just going for some household items, I always pass thru lawn and garden now and make sure they dont have something new that I havent bought. ;-)

So im wondering since a couple of my "girls" have started to open up already should I start them inside rockwool and put them inside the dome thing or should I start them in the jiffy peat pellets and put them in there? Neither one have I ever used and ive found more info on the pellets than the rockwool but im wondering which is easier and which is better to start in and then tranfer into soil?

megan23247 said:
So im wondering since a couple of my "girls" have started to open up already should I start them inside rockwool and put them inside the dome thing or should I start them in the jiffy peat pellets and put them in there? Neither one have I ever used and ive found more info on the pellets than the rockwool but im wondering which is easier and which is better to start in and then tranfer into soil?

I would say use the peat moss pellets. WAYYY lighter for seedlings. Unlike rockwool cubes in which it is so hard to grow in that some seedling even DIE! (why people use them, I don't really know) but I know that Fox Farms Light Warrior (the fox farms seedling mix) has ALOT of peat moss in it because it is so fluffy and easy for the roots to spread into.

You have some soil in that picture that depicts some self feeding 3 month stuff? Try getting other soil that dosen't have the auto feedings in it. This can be too hot for the seedlings and they will die. Anyways, you'd be wanting to use your own nutrients yourself with cannabis. If you get nutrientless soil, consider buying an easy 3 part system like fox farms 3 pack. It comes with Grow Big, Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom. They are incredible.

Okay so all 5 of the Northern Lights beans that im doing have already germed and are prob ready to put into a pellet BUT none of the 5 Critically Smashed are ready although a few are showing signs that their gonna germ any min now. Ill post a couple pics the quality kinda sucks cause I couldnt get the lighting right with the paper towel their on but if you look close you can see the "tail." ;)

So Woo Hoo for the Northern Lights! So far they are def in the lead.

Thanks for everyones input so far! I love this forum! :D

taproot 006.JPG

taproot 005.JPG

taproot 003.JPG

Latest posts

Back