Pitchin' da tent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How to anticiapte when to leach (since using bag seed)?

• Skip it and smoke salt

• Guess and hope for the best

• Start after color changes and leach for shorter period of time

• "I'll tell you what to do Tent Farmer"

Results are only viewable after voting.

TentFarmer

Super Doobie
Reaction score
Hello folks,

Once upon a time, in a land far far away, there was a magical tent that produced copius amounts of smoke. Or at least I hope it will.....

Inside the tent....

4'x4' and 7' tall tent.
3'6"x3'6" Eb'n Flow system w/ 40 g res
600 watt HPS with HiLUX GRO bulb
Air is sucked through a charcoal filter, through the light and out the top
Using the Pure Blend Pro series of nuits from Botanicare

Started with high quality bag seed. Sprouted 9 plants, grew them in the system untill I decided my choice 3 plants. Took clones of each of the 3 plants and imediately flowered the mothers. Since all were female I moved 12 cuttings to the tent and put them under 24 hour light for one week. I topped all of my clones twice so each is supporting 4 beatiful branches.

My ladies are a little over a week into flowering now and I think they're looking good. But honestly after all the thought that went into this, I'm just psyched to have anything growing.

Give em a peak and any thoughts, coments, concerns, or anything else of the sort will be greatly appreciated. Oh, and sorry for the late start on the journal. Yet I figure I'm not the first to just be too damn lazy to sit and type.

Thansk again

P1010411.JPG

P1010412.JPG

P1010413.JPG

P1010414.JPG

P1010415.JPG

P1010416.JPG

P1010417.JPG

P1010418.JPG

P1010419.JPG

P1010420.JPG

Thats a nice sized grow TF, props. What was the herb like that you got the seeds from?

very nice set-up. very productive i'd bet:hubba: if you start feelin like someone's watchin ya...its me:cool:

FLA Funk said:
Thats a nice sized grow TF, props. What was the herb like that you got the seeds from?

..... well it does fail me. Where I live, if somone gives the bag of smoke a name, your going to get taxed like no tomorrow. Yet I never save seeds unless I was impressed by the bag. Considering my place is already smelling a little skunky, I'm going to have to rethink my smell control for this grow.

I've got a few fan leaves looking less than perfect. I'll try to get the photos loaded tonight. The ladies are in lights off at the moment so I'll just have to wait.

Thank you all for your comments.

Looks awesome TF, wow, I can't wait to see how well this turns out :).
I'm assuming this isn't your first grow.

Be well.

I tried growing years ago in a 2'x2'x2' plywood box with florecent lights. They were pretty but ultimately useless. Other then that I've only grown the plants in this grow journal. But I may have read a few (dozen) journals on this site and others before starting again.

I hope you are all right about the looks of this grow. Like I said before, after all the anticipation, I would probably be estatic to have a tent full of mutated hermies (although 12 beautiful budding females wouldn't upset me either).

I hear week four is where it really gets good. :watchplant:

Thanks again everyone

Ahh. Yeah, you really seem like you know what your doing, and hydro too. Good job.

Yea, week 4 should be beautiful. I can't wait myself. I just looked at my first grow journal and wish I could fast forward, lol. But it'll come before you know it.

As for the hermies, I hear ya with the bag seed. They can be unpredictable because more than likely came from a plant that went hermie during the grow. Kinda like mine did in my first grow, but luckily towards the end. I feel like such a fool for letting it get past me. Thankfully I only found about 8 seeds (nice ones too) in the 2 ounces I harvested. However I won't grow em because the unpredictabally.
TF, just make sure you check thoroughly and often throughout the grow on the ladies just in case. It may be difficult due to the crowdedness, especially later on your gonna have one heck of a sweeeet jungle, I just learned the hard way. But fortunatly only lost the plant then went herm.

Good luck :)

TentFarmer said:
Where I live, if somone gives the bag of smoke a name, your going to get taxed like no tomorrow.

Same here brotha! Most a the time its just some bogus name given to some really good bud, middle men will do anything to pitch thier product ya dig. Yeah I only save the best of the best as well since I can't buy quality genetics . Just gotta stumble across em and hold on. Peace.

hey tent you have done an amazing job topping those babies as they look great man.

so our comments well i can only say superb dude keep up the great work and i have a chair pulled up for this grow.

pkj

leach is that what you americans call flushing!!!

if so last 10 - 14 days of flowering so when colour starts to change pistil wise start to flush

pkj

but they're getting thick. In the past two night's I've had to spread them out because they are getting so thick. Is there ever a healthy time to trim a plant in flowering? I take off my nutrient burned fan leaves after they're not the majority of the exposed leaves but figured trimming for size was kinda counter productive to the master plan. anyone with personal experience on the topic?

So far I just "super crop" the branches breaking away from the pack. Seems to slow them down for a day or two, enough for the rest to catch up.

I've got a few nuit burns going on right now but I expected to after moving to 80% strength nuit. I'm going to back it off a bit next tank flush but I didn't burn them nearly as bad as I did their mothers. Kinda cruel if you think about it, 12 identical cloned sisters hidden in a tent while I "experiment" on them.

Well enough bad mojo, heres some more pics of my little guini plants.

as for the last pic.... my guess is it's just a sign from the future.

P1010427.JPG

P1010428.JPG

P1010431.JPG

P1010434.JPG

So its bath night for my ladies. Change the water in the res. Flush the roots. Fresh nuits. And my favorite part, playing pot-tetris while I rearrange the plants trying to get my best light usage. I'm not sure if being able to rearrange my plants all the time is a good or bad thing. It's been great for them, but I find myself doing the plant shuffel almost every night.

I've got a little bit of leaf curl, but only on the plant directly in front of the fan. Moved the fan up 6" and haven't noticed any new curl.

They're really starting to get covered in white hairs. The amount of development they do in one day is just absolutly amazing to me.

So at just finishing their 2nd week, how do they look? Good, bad, average?

P1010455.JPG

P1010456.JPG

P1010457.JPG

P1010458.JPG

P1010459.JPG

And my favorite part, playing pot-tetris while I rearrange the plants trying to get my best light usage

I know exactly where you're coming from ;)

looking good brrrrrooooooo. seems to me you got everything goin good

Yes, ***three*** times each. All at the clone stage. Probably should have let them root better first but I wanted to keep em short. Worked well for the most part, but was also my first time cloning. So that added some adventure to the mix.

I cut branches into little pieces so I could get more clones. So I would sometimes have just two or even a few times just one node with leaves on them. Once the new sprouts took off I waited until they each would start their 2nd node, and cut it off then. Most of my plants had 4 tops before ever getting out of the covered tray.

All of my plants have 4 main tops. Right before I switched to flower I removed any over ambitious sprouts so it was down to 4 tops again, and then put into flowering. Nothing has been removed since. A few of the plants have shot up extra sprouts since I switched to flower, but they're the taller ones on the outside of the tray.

Well... sorry girls but I enjoy a good "cat fight" once and a while. But enough is enough. My ladies were looking great but were getting no light nor circulation to the bottom 1/2 of the plant.

I bound them up with some string around the 4 main stems and pulled the fan leaves to the outside. The insides of the plant are left with all the little buds forming at the nodes.

Since I have 12 identical plants to play with I've been trying different techniques on differnt plants. Learn as much as possible you know? The plants that I left alone, are dramaticaly farther in their progress. The other plants that I experimented on are several days behind.

Figured the string would be low stress, and hopefully improve their overall enviroment. I was happy to bring the plants closer to the lights again. Well enough stoned rambling, thanks for tuning in.

P1010460.JPG

P1010461.JPG

P1010462.JPG

P1010463.JPG

P1010464.JPG

P1010466.JPG

Latest posts

Back