TheBest(Indoor Grow Journal)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thebest

Reaction score
Germanation Started July 14th, 2008 (Day 1.)

Okay, I am starting the grow process with 5 seeds, Bag seed plants, so not sure of the strains. I had some different types of buds, so we will see how this works out. Germanation Started July 14th, 2008 (Day 1.)

My Grow box will start out at 3ft wide 3ft tall. Using CFL Cool White, Warm White. During Seedling stage. Then going to a 400 Watt (HPS) bulb after Growth has successed. I will be using Tinfoil (Shiny side up) all around the box to insure maximum Light. The seedling will be on a 24/7 Light schedule for the first 2-4 Days depending on growth. Then switched to a 18/6 Schedule. Box will be well venilated, and a fan proped on low after the 2nd nodes appear healthy.

Nutes I will be using. None untill replanting. I will replant in a 2 Gallon bucket, (space is limited) The nutes will be 17-17-17 NPK ratio. I will start out with a feeding of 1 per 2 weeks on 1/4 strength. Working my way up.

Water I am using- bottle spring water. (Personal Preference) "Only because I dont want to worry about PH"

Soil- I am going to try and find a soil that does not have a pre-feed. I want to be able to control the release my self. And I don't belive the plant needs any nutrients while in seedling stage."IMO"

I will keep you guys posted on these babies growth! Stay tuned for more (TheBest) Indoor Grow Journal #1
attachment.php
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=68184&stc=1&d=1216017781

Germanation1.jpg

best of luck to u. i think i might try an clone one my better lookin females too if i can get past all my other hurdles first and try a few indoors over the winter months. but i'll wait on startin wit that til i got all else squared away wit my other.

Yeah, the only thing that I would recomend to you would be to to properly treat your clones before bringing them in for bugs. I am having horible problems with spider mites on my outside plant. I am fixing the problem it is just a big nuisance. But, back to what I was saying. Spider Mites lay eggs in webs under the leaves connecting to the stem. Just be on the look out for tiny white dots. And if you start seeing yellow spots and holes this could be a cause too. I would do a seriouse treatment and drench the clones in a pyrethrin or neem oil product before bringing them inside to grow for winter.

July 14th, 2008
Hey guys, just updating. I am working on the box. I had to change the setup due to space. I will post a picture later on tonight when I get back from work. I must say I am happy with the box. I am not looking for that tall of plants, and When I re-pot them I will change the setup into a different box that is bigger. Thanks for taking interest. I will keep you Posted.

Hi Thebest,

first, thanx to pass by my journal :hubba: .

about the size of my plant, and yours very soon, i learnt in reading on this forum and planetskunk forum also that a 400w hps have a penetration of about 35 to 40 centimeters (sorry for the centimeters but i don't know metrics) and for a 600w hps it's around 45 to 50 cm maximum.
i speak for the level of the hard good bud, under this level, you'll have some small and never rockhard popcorn.

that's why i try to keep my plants in low size and toped them 2 times to give them many branches at the same level. the result is that i have 12 to 16 equaly wellsized bud .

sure you'll do very well man.

Cheers and keep an eye on your journal man.

.WB.

Hey guys, I figured I would just post a quick pic of my plant that is outside. She is doing good(Still Hoping she is a "She") but anyways take a look and tell me what you think, I saw some small slug on it when I went out there and it ate two small holes in the girl, what should I do for slugs?? anyone?
IMG00030.jpg

IMG00029.jpg

P.S, I am aware of the Nute burn. I was having dificulties with the darn spider mites. but no worries it wasn't that bad and I keep seeing new growth everyday. She should be alright.

July 15th, 2008
Planted 2 of the 5 today in Organic MG soil. I didn't want to use MG, but I couldn't find anything else at the store, so I just desided to deal... Its a 10-5-5 for the first two months so... it shouldnt be a problem here is a pic of the soil.

Organic Soil.jpg

Nice plant. Can't wait for update.

July 16th, 2008
Today one of the 2 seedling sprouted. I also came across a bag seed that had already cracked in the bag, and the root sprouted. I felt like giving it a try and puting it in the soil and adding water. Who know's until you try right? Anyways, my plant outside isnt doing so good, I am going to try and bring her in. Clean her up and see what I can do. I will keep you posted.

I went and checked the paper towl, Two more of the original 5 seeds opened. I am putting them in soil today. I am going to put them in the box. I will show you the set up when I get back from Homedepot. Got to get more lights!!!

Some GREEN MOJO for the little sprouts.

Good luck bro

July 16, 2008

Okay, I thought I would tell you exactly what Is in the box. I have three florescent lights in there.

Lights - One 27 watt 1300 lumens, a 15 wat 850 Lumens and another 24" Don't know the lumens on it, it was at my house and I desided to use it.

Water Schedule- Every Other day, Or When soil is dry. (Bottle Water)
I marked the Seed #'s on the cups, I will put sticks in to show you guys.
Be looking for updated Pictures tonight!
~The Best

Okay here is the update:
Picture one is the grow room
Picture two is Seed #1 and Seed #2 next to eachother.
I gave them a slight amount of water, not enough to classify it as a watering, just a little sprinkle. I also aired out the soil by squishing the sides of the cup together, "Not too hard," I find that this makes it easier for the seed to sprout. They are doing pretty good so far. I am happy with #1. I will keep you updated!

Grow Box.jpg

Seed #1.jpg

Okay, Seed #2 has sprouted and looks better than #1 if you can believe that! The true leaves and the sun leaves are visable. #1 is above the ground, but still traped in its shell. I am going to let it take its time for tonight. If it does not pop that shell of, I will remove it for her! haha. Anyways, Seeds #3, #4, #5 still no show of sprouting, but they were planted a day later, Will keep you updated! Stay tuned for pictures!

Looks like your off to a great start inside and out :aok: Keep us posted.

:D GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR GROWS :D

alright, all seeds have sprouted out of the soil except the one I found already germinated in a bag. So tottal of sprouted plants = 4. I gave them all water except plant #2. She had enough. I also moved them closer to eachother, and am going to go buy some more florescents, the CFL's keep burning out. Anyone know of a good lamp to use??

Okay, It is day 5 since planting, and this is what I have so far. Unfortunetly, #1 never made it out of her shell, so I threw her away. #2 is looking very nice, #3 got thrown out, it was the already germinated seed I found in a bag of whizzle. #4 Is looking nice, and number 5# is looking good. Here are some pictures, I am going to water them today and I also added a plant florescent, and another cool white florescent. more light!!! :) anyways, I will keep you guys posted.
*Pictures Show- Plant #2, Plant #4, Plant #5 all together in that order
then Plant #2, Then #4, then #5
Thanks for the interest. I will be happy to answer any questions. or take feed back :)

5 Days Since Germination 001.jpg

5 Days Since Germination 002.jpg

5 Days Since Germination 003.jpg

5 Days Since Germination 004.jpg

Sorry to hear about the one that didn't sprout. Looking good nice & healthy sprouts. Some Green Mojo for the sprouts. lol

is that one sprout in a clear pot???... if it is you should tape up the bottom

Latest posts

Back