Sexual confusion (So Adolescent!!!)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grower_Dude

Reaction score
Hello and thank you for reading this post.

I have 6 plants growing under a 1000 watt HPS lamp, and they are doing wonderfully. As far as I can tell, two are male (a distinctive pod shape), two are female (the classic antennae) and two have yet to flower sufficiently to tell.

What do people generally do in this situation? I don't know that I want to set up a second growing area, but it seems a shame to discard the male plants. Is it really worth it to grow female plants only? What would you do in this situation?

You plan on breeding?

dutch master reverse, i havent used it but ive heard great things. it eliminates the male hormones and boosts the female hormones.

Got male flowers? Tired of seeds in your favorite crops? You need Dutch Master Reverse!

Dutch Master Reverse is a uniquely engineered nutritional formulation that can, in most instances, stop hermaphroditic plants from exhibiting male traits and flowers. Reverse will stop male flowers and hermaphrodites in problematic plants such as pumpkins, watermelons and any flowering crop that has a tendency to hermaphrodite or show male flowers. Dutch Master Reverse has a fast knowckdown action against existing male flowers as well as previnting more male flowers from forming due to their unique technology. Dutch Master has utilized their proprietary foliar technology to achieve the most effective and consistently high performin feminising product on the market today. With its proprietary foliar technology, Reverse can detune the plant receptor cells that are responsible for gibberellin reception and secondary biosynthesis that is responsible for over 95% of the cases of unwanted male flower expression.

With Dutch Master Reverse, you don't have to reduce your nutrient strength substantially like many other products or experience the severity of plant droop that can often occur. Dutch Master Reverse is great as a preventative tool. If you are unsure that your plant will exhibit hermaphroditic traits, then why take a chance, simply use Reverse!

Dutch Master Reverse is ready to go. No mixing, no getting the dose wrong, just spray your plants once, a few days into the flower cycle, until the leaves are saturated, then spray once more 10 days later. You must always use Dutch Master Penetrator (see Add-ons) with this product. Dutch Master Reverse has been specifically designed to work best with the addition of Penetrator as this will allow for the full transfer of elements inside the leaves of your plants.

As soon as Penetrator is added Reverse it needs to be sprayed onto plants within 15 minutes; any product left in the sprayer after 15 minutes is useless.

If you have only a small number of plants, you can use a small portion of the Reverse each time. For example, you could pour out 250 ml of Reverse into your spray bottle and add the appropriate amount of Penetrator and then spray your plants, allowing you to extend the usage of the bottle.

I'm not planning on breeding. This is my first grow, and I just used seeds from purchases of run of the mill weed. My goal was twofold: 1) to grow some bud just for me and a couple of friends, and 2) I have 3 seeds each of "Early Durban" and "California Sunrise" both from The Flying Dutchman / Seed Company of Amsterdam. I was using this first batch to gain experience so that I might be less likely to ruin the good seeds that I have.

So, one should just toss the male plants? If they flower, don't they produce good bud?

Thanks again

No buds just pollen for males & they will get you a little high but it's not worth the hassle. The males will cause your ladies to make beans. Just toss them bro.

Kill the males man. lol

If those males already opened their lil"nut sacks...you may already have pollen in the room. KILL THE MALES.

Compost the males! Even if you only get the two females, under 1000 watts you should get plenty of bud for you and a few mates.

Thanks to all for the suggestions. It is time for a wee bit of sexual discrimination....

On the bright side, I have about ten shorties (3"-6") tall, so if I get one or two females out of those, I should be good.

Next, on to cloning the females. I have some reading to do!

Grower_Dude said:
Thanks to all for the suggestions. It is time for a wee bit of sexual discrimination....

On the bright side, I have about ten shorties (3"-6") tall, so if I get one or two females out of those, I should be good.

Next, on to cloning the females. I have some reading to do!

Good luck bro will look for a update on your progress.

Hear is some GREEN MOJO for your ladies.

Latest posts

Back