Lowryder Mint

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thorn

Micro Queen
Reaction score
As some of you may know I recently bought a pack of 12 seeds from Dutchbreed. The strain is Lowryder Mint and I will be growing them under CFLs in my microbox. I also wish to pollinate at some point to continue my own stash of seeds that have good genetics.

Here's some info on them (and whats (hopefully) to come):

Lowryder Mint > description > Lowryder Mint is a cross with Matanuska Mint and a undisclosed ruderalis then inbred to make it 100% auto flower, Some phenos of Lowryder Mint smell of garden mint even having that mint leaf taste and has higher thc than original Lowryder and a totally different gene pool for people to play with, Lowryder Mint from seed to finish in 9 weeks just like Lowryder original but with a little more yield with cfl or hps lighting.

Seed to harvest: 9 to 10 weeks
THC level: Strong 17-23%
Yield per plant: 30 grams upto 40(in ideal conditions)
Order number: #A4

Price: £30.00 GBP​

http://www.dutchbreed.com/8.html

I put 2 beans in to germinate (papertowel method) 4 days ago and one looks like it may have mold growing on it - not sure why this has happened, its never happened to me before! And the other seed has popped a taproot today (woohooo :hubba:). I will get that one into dirt soon and get another 2 beans germinating.

I'll be back to update this with pictures once I have something interesting :cool:

Big fan of the Lowryder's and your grow journal. Pulling up a chair for this one...

If I have it right, Auto-Flowering means that the plant does not require a different light cycle for the Veg and Flowering stages. You can pretty much have 18 hours of light from sowing the seeds until harvest. Auto-flowering plants have a very short veg and will go into the flowering stage very quickly.

**Are you using the same lights (2 30W 2700K bulbs from start to finish) you used for your last Lowryder grow?**

GREAT choice, lol. Dutchbreed will leave you SATISFIED more than a snickers bar!!! Pullin a chair up no freaking doubt I'm ready to see some DANK NUGGETS in the hands of Thorn.

Yes, cuy103 and slowmo77 that is what autoflowering means. Most genetics in the ruderalis gene pool have autoflowering traits. For example. Lowryder #1 and #2 are both autoflowering and are both ruderalis. Breeders use good ruderalis genetics (like lowryder the most well known and close to the best for breeding) and use it to turn their own creation, autoflowering.

Autoflowering plants normally have a lower yield, but some promising tasty bud with a faster seed to harvest.

Oh i didn't know lowryder was ruderalis, i thought it was just a fast indica ha ha (now i sound stupid for calling ruderalis exotic :( )

WOW thanks for all the interest! Yes I think we've established now what auto flowering means! Thanks guys - saves me explaining :)

Ok I'll give you a rundown on what I'll be using (and its not much). I don't want people saying "go and buy this lamp" etc as I am doing these as I want some good quality bud. I know it won't be an ENORMOUS amount but ANY bud is good right now! And its only a personal stash for me and my better half :)

Lighting - Two 30watt 2700K CFLs, each puts out around 2000 lumens
Grow Space - Micro Box 15" cubed (tiny)
Grow Medium - Equal parts each (1/3) of compost, perlite and vermiculite
Water - Rain water
Nutrients - Baby Bio to start (high nitrogen) then B&Q Flowering Houseplant Food (concentrated) NPK of 8-12-14

I do want to try LSTing this plant to see how it alters growth and if there is any extra yeild, but my first plant, at least, will be grown as normal as I can grow it in this space :D

Can't think of anything else right now. But I will be getting that seed into dirt asap today. I would add pictures but the only ones I have is of the seed packet and the beans and their on the boyfriend's phone, and he's at work :rolleyes: So I'll be back later :)

Man that sound so good..!!! i wish this was leagall all over. Im a chicken Sh*t and wont order seeds. but i would love to to a sea of green in mint. if your ever in my area drop me by a clone. lol. just kidding. no seroiusly do!!!!!!
best of luck im keeping this one handy. cant wait for pics. so stare it it all the time to make it grow faster!

sorry city, you cant clone autoflowering plants from what I know. Hence why I want to make more seeds. Also I'm in the UK and your probably in the US lol and don't we all wish it was legal!

okay..I'll ask...why cant you clone those?..its a plant, you should be abletoo...IMO..was that mold on the beans or not?...did they all pop?

keep us posted......its illeagle in the UK huh?...dont get caught..lol

from my understanding it just wouldn't be worth the time to clone it.. from seed to finish is only 9 weeks. by the time it's big enough to get a clone its done, plus i think they're single cola plants most often.

i do have a question on auto flowerin plants, once they flower do they just go back into veg if left alone and not harvested?

I would guess that you can't clone these because you would need to do it in the veg stage - and they will only veg for 2-3 weeks which means they are far too small. And theres no way you can stop them from going into flowering, hence the 'auto-flowering'. So you'd end up with a small bud growing, rather than a clone, thats if it survived at all. You CANNOT keep a mother auto-flowering plant because you will not be able to stop her flowering. Their just not big enough.

4u2smoke, I think it was mold. I've planted the bean that popped a few hours ago and I had a look at the other one through the jewellers loupe and it looks like mold to me. So I wiped it off and have started 2 more beans on a fresh paper towel and kept that one 'moldy' bean (now clean) in there just to see if it does crack.

Glad to see you got your mint. I am gonna watch Yours to see what you think. I want to try them myself after seeing the picture from that site you got them from looks like 1 fine bud. :hubba:
My auto AK branches I pollinated are loaded with seeds. 3 weeks out and can't come soon enough. That taste test from the broken branch was very good for its age!!! Another 3 and I think i may have some goodies:holysheep:

Nice, I can't wait to see 'em...

What about regenerating? I wonder what would happen if you stripped it and kept the lights going, or turned them on 24 hrs.

I have some of the lr2's in the mail now, if no one else does it, I might have to try to regen some to see what happens.

Latest posts

Back