Growing Marijuana Forum

Bud of the Month Photo by Kraven!
Go Back   Marijuana Growing Forum > Marijuana Cultivation > DIY Forum / Technical Articles
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2008, 08:33 PM   #1
The Hemp Goddess
Granny Mod

The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess
Default Scrog

I decided to do a little SCROG setup. It is mostly self explanatory.

1 & 2-Materials
3-Drill a 1-1/8" hole on each side of the top of the container.
Attached Images

The Hemp Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 08:41 PM   #2
The Hemp Goddess
Granny Mod

The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess

4-Measure distance from bottom of container to top of lid. Subtract 1-1/2" from that and cut 2 pieces of PVC that length.

5-The following pieces will all be glued together. These are the "legs". Take the pieces you cut and put a tee on one end and a male adapter on the other. Cut 4 short pieces of PVC around 3" for the legs. Attach to the end of the tees and put caps on these pieces.

6-Put the legs through the 1-1/8" holes you drilled and screw a female adapter onto the threads of the male adapter until it is tight. Make sure that your legs are aligned correctly.
Attached Images

Old 08-23-2008, 08:48 PM   #3
The Hemp Goddess
Granny Mod

7-Decide how large you want your SCROG frame and make a vertical and a 45 (if needed) to get a rectangle the size you want.

8-Put your rectangle together (I ran out of PVC so that is why one side is open, but you want a complete rectangle).

9-Attach chicken wire or other mesh to the PVC frame with zip ties.
Attached Images

Last edited by The Hemp Goddess; 08-23-2008 at 10:04 PM.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:51 PM   #4
The Hemp Goddess
Granny Mod

10-The unit in action.

I like that I can lift the frame and top away from the res and it will sit by itself with the plants to clean the res if need be.
Attached Images

Old 08-23-2008, 08:59 PM   #5
bombbudpuffa
Sweet Cheeba Chiefa

bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa

Great DIY HG.

bombbudpuffa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 09:11 PM   #6
time4tokin20s

time4tokin20s time4tokin20s time4tokin20s time4tokin20s time4tokin20s time4tokin20s time4tokin20s time4tokin20s time4tokin20s time4tokin20s time4tokin20s

Very nice!I am thinking of doing a scrog with autos.That set-up gives me a good idea of how I can do it.Thanks!
time4tokin20s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 09:31 PM   #7
MrPuffAlot
Green thumb in training

MrPuffAlot MrPuffAlot MrPuffAlot MrPuffAlot MrPuffAlot MrPuffAlot MrPuffAlot MrPuffAlot MrPuffAlot MrPuffAlot MrPuffAlot

nice,

how big is your resevoir?
MrPuffAlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 09:42 PM   #8
The Hemp Goddess
Granny Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPuffAlot
nice,

how big is your resevoir?
The container is 10 gal, but I usually only put about 6 gal of nute solution in it. This is the first scrog that I have tried. I am making a dual 150W cool tube to flower these under. I will probably do a DIY on that when I get back from Denver.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:33 PM   #9
massproducer

massproducer massproducer massproducer massproducer massproducer massproducer massproducer massproducer massproducer massproducer massproducer

Looking very good... You know I am a long time SCROGer, and will always have a special place in my heart for SCROG. If you have the time and energy, IMO, SCRog's are the most efficient ways to grow.

I love it, Goddess, i am very impressed
massproducer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 03:47 AM   #10
Lastritez

Lastritez Lastritez Lastritez Lastritez Lastritez Lastritez Lastritez Lastritez Lastritez Lastritez Lastritez

ok newbie question time!!!!

SCROG?
Lastritez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 03:55 AM   #11
canibanol cannonball
i like bud

canibanol cannonball canibanol cannonball canibanol cannonball canibanol cannonball canibanol cannonball canibanol cannonball canibanol cannonball canibanol cannonball canibanol cannonball canibanol cannonball canibanol cannonball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastritez
ok newbie question time!!!!

SCROG?
"screen of green" its like a SOG "sea of green" but with a screen

love the setup Godess, i wanna see it bud
Old 10-25-2008, 04:46 AM   #12
4u2sm0ke

4u2sm0ke 4u2sm0ke 4u2sm0ke 4u2sm0ke 4u2sm0ke 4u2sm0ke 4u2sm0ke 4u2sm0ke 4u2sm0ke 4u2sm0ke 4u2sm0ke

very nice HempGod. ...pulling up my milk crate to have a seat... ..
4u2sm0ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 12:59 PM   #13
Lastritez

Lastritez Lastritez Lastritez Lastritez Lastritez Lastritez Lastritez Lastritez Lastritez Lastritez Lastritez

OK so the next newbie question is..............

whats the benefits of this method? just easier to work with height restrictions? or does it affect the amount you get per plant?
Lastritez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 01:05 PM   #14
canibanol cannonball
i like bud

canibanol cannonball canibanol cannonball canibanol cannonball canibanol cannonball canibanol cannonball canibanol cannonball canibanol cannonball canibanol cannonball canibanol cannonball canibanol cannonball canibanol cannonball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastritez
OK so the next newbie question is..............

whats the benefits of this method? just easier to work with height restrictions? or does it affect the amount you get per plant?
it helps with height and yield, keeping all the bud sites at the same level helps the plant grow a little more fuller. There is no "top branch" so there is no competition between branches for light
Old 10-25-2008, 02:34 PM   #15
city

city city city city city city city city city city city

i dont know if i can thank you enough! thanks thanks thanks

How would you like your coffe sir?
Like my wemon...
black?
No. Filled full of Booz!
city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 04:08 PM   #16
mal_crane

mal_crane mal_crane mal_crane mal_crane mal_crane mal_crane mal_crane mal_crane mal_crane mal_crane mal_crane

This is an excellent DIY. Thanks for the guide THG! I really like the pvc idea. Maybe I'll have to try it on a future grow.

Mal C

Note: Any involvement in illegal activities expressed and/or implied by my communications in this forum are untrue and solely intended for entertainment purposes only.

Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient are slaves. Anyone in a free society where the laws are unjust has an obligation to break those laws. - Henry David Thoreau

mal_crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 01:40 AM   #17
DomsChron

Very nice, very nice!

Have they started growing through the screen yet?
Old 11-06-2008, 02:14 AM   #18
The Hemp Goddess
Granny Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomsChron
Very nice, very nice!

Have they started growing through the screen yet?
Yeah
Attached Images

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=30891 <-- DIY 150 watt cool tubes

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ighlight=scrog <-- DIY SCROG
Old 11-06-2008, 02:21 AM   #19
canibanol cannonball
i like bud

BUDS! im getting a contact high
How do you get at the resevoir in that jungle? Im guessing you cant lift the screen no more..?
Old 11-06-2008, 02:45 AM   #20
The Hemp Goddess
Granny Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by canibanol cannonball
BUDS! im getting a contact high
How do you get at the resevoir in that jungle? Im guessing you cant lift the screen no more..?
Actually, there is very little growth under the screen. I have a 3" hole that has an empty net pot with hydrotron in it that I use to add nute solution. I think that if the scrog was in a larger space that I would still be able to lift the screen off. However, I really have things squished up in there. This is really an experiment designed to kind of show how much we could do with a small space (2 x 2 x 4), a DIY hydroponic setup, and 300W of really cheap HPS. This whole setup, including light could probably be put together by a good DIY person for about $100-130.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=30891 <-- DIY 150 watt cool tubes

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ighlight=scrog <-- DIY SCROG