Scrog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

The Hemp Goddess

I decided to do a little SCROG setup. It is mostly self explanatory.

1 & 2-Materials
3-Drill a 1-1/8" hole on each side of the top of the container.

scrog 001 (2).jpg

scrog 038 (2).jpg

scrog 004 (2).jpg

4-Measure distance from bottom of container to top of lid. Subtract 1-1/2" from that and cut 2 pieces of PVC that length.

5-The following pieces will all be glued together. These are the "legs". Take the pieces you cut and put a tee on one end and a male adapter on the other. Cut 4 short pieces of PVC around 3" for the legs. Attach to the end of the tees and put caps on these pieces.

6-Put the legs through the 1-1/8" holes you drilled and screw a female adapter onto the threads of the male adapter until it is tight. Make sure that your legs are aligned correctly.

scrog 005 (2).jpg

scrog 007 (2).jpg

scrog 010 (2).jpg

7-Decide how large you want your SCROG frame and make a vertical and a 45 (if needed) to get a rectangle the size you want.

8-Put your rectangle together (I ran out of PVC so that is why one side is open, but you want a complete rectangle).

9-Attach chicken wire or other mesh to the PVC frame with zip ties.

scrog 013 (2).jpg

scrog 015 (2).jpg

scrog 040 (2).jpg

Very nice!I am thinking of doing a scrog with autos.That set-up gives me a good idea of how I can do it.Thanks!

Looking very good... You know I am a long time SCROGer, and will always have a special place in my heart for SCROG. If you have the time and energy, IMO, SCRog's are the most efficient ways to grow.

I love it, Goddess, i am very impressed

OK so the next newbie question is..............

whats the benefits of this method? just easier to work with height restrictions? or does it affect the amount you get per plant?

Lastritez said:
OK so the next newbie question is..............

whats the benefits of this method? just easier to work with height restrictions? or does it affect the amount you get per plant?

it helps with height and yield, keeping all the bud sites at the same level helps the plant grow a little more fuller. There is no "top branch" so there is no competition between branches for light

This is an excellent DIY. Thanks for the guide THG! I really like the pvc idea. Maybe I'll have to try it on a future grow.

Mal C
:fly:

BUDS! im getting a contact high :)
How do you get at the resevoir in that jungle? Im guessing you cant lift the screen no more..?

canibanol cannonball said:
BUDS! im getting a contact high :)
How do you get at the resevoir in that jungle? Im guessing you cant lift the screen no more..?

Actually, there is very little growth under the screen. I have a 3" hole that has an empty net pot with hydrotron in it that I use to add nute solution. I think that if the scrog was in a larger space that I would still be able to lift the screen off. However, I really have things squished up in there. This is really an experiment designed to kind of show how much we could do with a small space (2 x 2 x 4), a DIY hydroponic setup, and 300W of really cheap HPS. This whole setup, including light could probably be put together by a good DIY person for about $100-130.

Latest posts

Back