Indoors as good as outdoors?????????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Toker

Living Large
Reaction score
My plants seem to be doing about the same indoors as they are outdoors, maybe better. 2nd week of bloom. All comment appreciated.

Here are pics of indoor.
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30535

DSC03605.JPG

DSC03606.JPG

DSC03617.JPG

FourTwenty said:
Your plants look great!!!!!:D

You'll get a higher yield outside that's for sure.

as for a more potent crop that depends on strain it doesn't have anything to do with growing them indoors or outdoors.

That makes no sense!How can he for sure have a higher yeild outside when certain strains like big bud indoors can produce more yeild then a certain strains outdoors like lowryder.The different strain thing works both ways.
I'm assuming he's talking about the same strain indoor and out.

time4tokin20s said:
I'm assuming he's talking about the same strain indoor and out.

yea me to thats why i said he would get a higher yield on the outside grow lol

time4tokin20s said:
Lookin good!You might get more weight outside but a good indoor grow should be more potent.

if there both the same strain one cant be more potent then the other simple and plain!!

time4tokin20s said:
That makes no sense!.

does that make a little more sense lol

FourTwenty said:
yea me to thats why i said he would get a higher yield on the outside grow lol

if there both the same strain one cant be more potent then the other simple and plain!!

does that make a little more sense lol

No,it doesn't!Indoors grown in optimum condition WILL be more potent then the same strain grown outdoors.You can control he environment inside.

Hey Guys,
Controlling the environment inside does have its advantages/disadvantages for sure. But yeild and quality can suffer or gain in both outdoors and indoors.You cannot duplicate what the natural order provides. Rain water is by far the best cell replenishment,then reverse osmosis,tap water,etc... The yeild produced from an outdoor grow will be larger,mostly due to the fact that out door plants get more "exercise" (swaying in the breeze)/room to grow (above and below).The outdoor bud will also have a better flavor,providing it's fed a proper diet,due to the more clarified source of C02. Indoor crops have the privacy to produce a slightly larger amount of trichomes,because of the constant temperatures combined with exact timed lighting,which is paramount for such production. IMO,at harvest time,the difference,if any,would be slight. Whatever your preference,as long as your beans and knowledge are of the same quality,the finished product will satisfy both your confidence and your mind for your next grow....wherever it may be :D Everyone stay safe!! KEEP IT GREEN!! Together we will overgrow the Government

Hick said:
"Purely and Totally".. an opinion... AND dependant on many factors.

Ok, maybe I should have said "more then likely" but the same strain doesn't HAVE to be the same potency when grown in two different environments,especially when one is under optimum condition.

Toker,your gonna have to keep us updated!

i got to agree with time4tokin20s, the grow i just fisished last month was bag seed and it was a lot better and seems alot more potent the the weed it came from.. and i aint that experienced, just starting my third grow..indoor growing...

BuddyLuv said:
Yields will of course be larger if fed and watered properly. Nothing can beat 1,000,000 watts of full spectrum lighting.

Could you imagine a 1,000,000 watt full spectum bulb? I wonder if I just bought the HPS if it would be cheaper!:rofl:

The magnet on ballast would suck the silverware from drawer.

The little woman would be in there tanning

time4tokin20s said:
No,it doesn't!Indoors grown in optimum condition WILL be more potent then the same strain grown outdoors.You can control he environment inside.
How do you know optimum conditions aren't the presence of a powerful, natural light source (the sun), or the constant air movement resulting in thick, sturdy stems which only the outdoors can provide? Optimum conditions don't even effect potency, that's determined by genetics and flowering time. Conditions affect yield, and indoor yield can't match that of outdoor.

IllusionalFate said:
How do you know optimum conditions aren't the presence of a powerful, natural light source (the sun), or the constant air movement resulting in thick, sturdy stems which only the outdoors can provide? Optimum conditions don't even effect potency, that's determined by genetics and flowering time. Conditions affect yield, and indoor yield can't match that of outdoor.

Maybe it's different where you live but I've grown outdoors for 15 years and I've never had an optimum year.Some years better then others but nothing like a tuned in grow room.

gettinggray1964 said:
i got to agree with time4tokin20s, the grow i just fisished last month was bag seed and it was a lot better and seems alot more potent the the weed it came froand i aint that experienced, .

How do you know the bag you got your seeds from wasn't grown indoors? are you just assuming it was grown outdoors for whatever reason?

IllusionalFate said:
Optimum conditions don't even effect potency, that's determined by genetics and flowering time. Conditions affect yield, and indoor yield can't match that of outdoor.

agreed

I think most Growers would prefer to grow outdoors.

Growing indoors is usually a secondary option in my opinion providing that you cant grow outdoors for whatever the reason maybe.

Maybe i should start a poll lol

Latest posts

Back