TheBest (Indoor Grow 2)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thebest

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals,
I am back for my second grow. Unfortunetly I had to cut down the first one due to lack of space, and timming. Either way, I am back now and ready to do this the right way. I have a new area, which is much sturdier than my last grow area. It is approx 2 1/2ft x 4 ft tall x 4 ft wide. There is much better air flow, and more room for the plants to grow. I have already started. Unfortunetly I had to use the same type of soil, which is miracle grow organic choice. I am going to change it when re-potting. Money how ever became tight and I was forced to use this. I have them in plastic party cups, which I am going to change into the 8" pots and then 5 gal buckkets. I have enough room in there for about 3 plants and the walls are sturdy enough, that I can add much more light. Right now I have 3 18"floros putting out about 2.5k lumens and another 22" floro putting out I would like to say 900 lumens. I have a cool white, warm white and plant/aqurium, which burns red. The other plants seemed to do well with these lights, so we shall see. I am not going to take any pics untill there is something to look at but I would appreciate any critisism or help I can get. I have put three of the germanated seeds into the soil. I wish I could tell you their strain, but unfortunetly I can't because I don't know. The temperature in the grow area is around 80-85 F and all four lights are directly above the cups approx 2" away. I am very excited about this grow. I think it will turn out great. Right now I have the lights set on a timmer for 18/6. I did 24 last grow and seemed to work, but as I kept reading I heard that the plant produces hormones during a dark period, so I am going to see if it makes a difference. I will keep you all posted on how everything is turnning out. Thanks again and hope you enjoy.

Just wanted to update a little bit. I went to the germinating cup I used and 6 more of the seeds popped open, I wasn't expecting to have a grow this big, there are still three seeds in the cup. I have a total of 9 in party cups with 5 holes at the bottom of each. I am going to let them grow, see how big they get and take the strongest. I might try early sexing just to make sure I have some females that I know are female. What do you guys think. I notice no one is really interested. I am sorry I don't have pics up. I will post as soon as I can get something GREEN lol. I don't think you want to just stare at soil.

Stoners are like children,they need pictures in between the words to keep them interested;)
Running a little warm but sounds like you have a plan.Good luck and we'll be here waiting on pics.

thanks time. yeah I noticed a lot more comments with pics ;) but, it is more interesting. I promise I will take nice pics when I start to take them! Ill keep you guys posted.

Ok, its been a couple days and 8 out of the 9 sprouted out of the soil. Some stretching did occur, but not too bad. They look nice and green. Here is a pic of the 8, I will give you more pics as they get bigger. Hope to get some of your attention now. lol keep ya posted. The fun begins!

day 17.jpg

IMO, you are going to need more and better light to flower. While plants veg under a variety of light types, there is nothing like a HPS for flowering. You have 10 sq ft, so a 400 HPS would give you good coverage.

Also there is no evidence that plants require a dark period--IMO, plants in 24/7 light simply grow faster.

I agree with Hemp Goddess. But if your going to go with HPS then your 4ft height is to low considering that you are going to be using 5 gallon pots in the future. If you want to use 5gallon pots then you would want bigger plants to fill the containers right? Flouros are not going to help with budding plants that big your going to need a 400w to a 1000w your choice. Now if your going to keep them small in like 1 gallon pots then the florescents will work for some personal buds. If you want High times mag dense fatty dank nugs that look as if someone sprinkled sugar on them HPS is the only magic wand.

okay. I want to use HPS, only problem is the space. I have them in a box, and I can't really use fans in that space. Will a 400 hps cause a fire with no ventilation being on a 12/12? I could use floro untill 4-5 weeks, which I did in my first grow, then switch to HPS. I just don't want to cause a fire. I would deffinatly rather use a HPS light. Also I don't plan on keeping all 8. Just the ones that look like they are doing well. I have 1 dwarf, and one with the smallest leaves ive ever seen! I am going to take some pics, and post them up here. Ill show you what Im talking about.

Just wanted to post the stats on the HPS light that I am looking at to get. What do you guys think about the amount of space I have and not being able to venilate. I don't know much about HPS lights, I havn't used them before. Just floro. Here are the stats. any help would be appreciated.

THE BALLAST

Die cast aluminum housing
Louvers for cooling
Rubber feet
6 Ft. grounded power cord
White powder coated finish
Wired 120v (240v available upon request)

THE REFLECTOR

95% reflective German textured aluminum
Includes 5kv socket assembly and 15' lamp cord

Heavy duty galvanized steel mounting brackets
Restrike bend above the bulb for better performance
Lightweight, only 2 pounds
Does not accept glass
Can not be air cooled
20" long x 16" wide x 9" high
Chrome wire hangers included for easy hanging

THE LAMP

Major brand LU400 lamp

Universal lamp (any position)
50,000 lumens

Okay guys, its been a few days since the last pictures. I thought I would show you whats been going on. A few of the pnats are still staying small. Im not sure if its because there isn't enough light for all of them, or whats going on. Maybe you could let me know. I am going to re-pot them soon, I want to get some FFOF and perlite mix for the new pots. Hopefully I can do that sometime this weekend. But, I have a busy schedule this weekend so, we'll see. Anyways, here are some pics. I am going to water them today. I have been a lot better about not over doing it. Check em out. Let me know what you think.

Day 8 of Veg #1.jpg

Day 8 of Veg #4.jpg

Day 8 of Veg #6.jpg

Day 8 of Veg The runts.jpg

The first three go in order from #1, #4, and #6. Those are the three I am going to keep for sure. I am going to give the rest a few more days.

thebest said:
okay. I want to use HPS, only problem is the space. I have them in a box, and I can't really use fans in that space. Will a 400 hps cause a fire with no ventilation being on a 12/12? I could use floro untill 4-5 weeks, which I did in my first grow, then switch to HPS. I just don't want to cause a fire. I would deffinatly rather use a HPS light. Also I don't plan on keeping all 8. Just the ones that look like they are doing well. I have 1 dwarf, and one with the smallest leaves ive ever seen! I am going to take some pics, and post them up here. Ill show you what Im talking about.

You are going to have to have some kind of ventilation--fans--even with fluoros, even if you have no heat issues. Your plants need a fresh air supply; the air in the space needs to be exchanges several times a minute. They need the air being moved around to circulate the CO2 that is constantly being brought into the room by exchanging the air several times a minute.

As to the heat and fire issue. The heat from a HPS in an unventilated space will most likely kill your plants the first light cycle--depending on your space, temps could well reach 120F+.

Do you have a plan to "weed" the males from the females before you discard any plants? Many times, the largest most vigorous plants are male and the smaller plants female.

Yeah thats what I am thinking too. I am planing on putting three of the best into 5 gallon pots with perlite and soil. I don't know where to find the FFOF soil.. it doesn't seem to be around me. I think I am going to have to pick something else. I don't like the soil I am using right now. It was what I had left over from my other grow, and I just didn't have the money to get the other stuff. I am going to transplant probably monday. Into atleast the 8" pots maybe early flower them to see what they are... I don't know. Any Ideas for ventilation or maybe a air filter I can put in there?

Going to add some new pics. Growth is looking nice. Also wanted to ask the admins if they are looking to place this thread in the Grow Journal section. Sorry, I didn't know I put it in this one. Here are the pics.

Day 13 001.jpg

Day 13 002.jpg

Day 13 003.jpg

Day 13 004.jpg

Day 13 005.jpg

Day 13 006.jpg

Day 13 007.jpg

Day 13 008.jpg

Day 13 009.jpg

Day 13 010.jpg

Day 13 011.jpg

Day 13 012.jpg

thebest said:
see how big they get and take the strongest. I might try early sexing just to make sure I have some females that I know are female. What do you guys think..

If you havent yet done this dont forget the strongest fastest gorwers tend to be boyz.

i dont think any of those plants are old enough to sex nor would i say any of them need a transplant. lot of stress on your juvinile plants. i try not to transplant untill i can take a clone personally. looks good so far

Yeah, they are only 13 days old. I am going to wait until about 50 days to begin 12/12 cycle. I can start to see roots comming out of the bottom of the cups. Im pretty sure I can transplant sometime next week. But, I might wait a little longer.

I wouldn't wait to long--if you aren't careful, you might get root lock. When I started a bunch in plastic cups, I had transparent green plastic. This allowed me to see what was happening without burning the roots. It was a fun experiment.

right but he didnt so working with wht he has and knowing its a sativa that really grows up top and grows slow below comparitively he will be fine to wait till at least he has a propper leaf

Latest posts

Back