Growing Marijuana Forum Bud Pic of the Month!

sawhse
Dalahaze
Bud Pic of the Month!

JustAnotherAntMarching
DNA's Lemon Skunk
Old 10-29-2008, 07:13 PM   #1
kalikisu

kalikisu kalikisu kalikisu kalikisu kalikisu kalikisu kalikisu kalikisu kalikisu kalikisu kalikisu
Default reflectors

hey guys and girls i just wanted to know if the windshield shades for cars are a good reflector. Im know not to use aluminum foil because of hotspots and things. if you dont know what the car shades are let me know and i'll up a flick. i just want to get an opinion. holla
kalikisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:21 PM   #2
Tater
Diamonds on the inside

Tater Tater Tater Tater Tater Tater Tater Tater Tater Tater Tater

Are they fire proof? Or at least flame retardent. Put one against a bulb and see if it melts. If it does then your bulb is toast and you have your answer. Better to find out now then have it fall while you are away and come home to a burnt down house.
They are babies.

Imagine force feeding a real baby a 25 ounce steak.

Would the baby puke, scream and become ill?

Build your own aircooled hood

Build your own CFL hood

Tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:30 PM   #3
Kupunakane

Default HMMMmmmm

I like a good flat white latex paint. This a been proven to be an effective reflector and safe as well.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna
Old 10-29-2008, 07:33 PM   #4
kalikisu

kalikisu kalikisu kalikisu kalikisu kalikisu kalikisu kalikisu kalikisu kalikisu kalikisu kalikisu

well i got these tacked to the wall you know to reflect off the wall and things. but i do need one of those light fixture reflectors for my hps right now i just got the light open and shining. nah i dont have these on my light fixture. i just want to make the best use of my lighting.
kalikisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:47 PM   #5
The Hemp Goddess
Granny Mod

The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalikisu
hey guys and girls i just wanted to know if the windshield shades for cars are a good reflector. Im know not to use aluminum foil because of hotspots and things. if you dont know what the car shades are let me know and i'll up a flick. i just want to get an opinion. holla
Just because something looks reflective does not mean that it is--foil and mirrors are good examples. I think these things are made to reflect heat, so I would guess that you may be reflecting a great deal of heat back on your girls. As far as reflective materials go, I would stick with what is tried and true. If you cannot afford mylar or Panda film, flat white paint, as King Kahuuna mentioned, is a good choice.

If you do not have a reflector on your HPS, you are losing over 50% of your light.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=30891 <-- DIY 150 watt cool tubes

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ighlight=scrog <-- DIY SCROG
The Hemp Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote