Stargazers Cloning question..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stargazer

Reaction score
cloning several pants now. I planted the stem with root tone in a pre-mix soil. And yes a time released fertilizer. First time grow and first time clone. I have kept soil slightly moist. Do I need to re-attempt with perlite/sand /soil mixture? Plants seem to be doing OK. Lost just a few.

hi 'gazer...it matters not "what" medium you choose, as long as they root and live, find the method that fits 'your style'.
Some prefer rockwool, some peat pucks, some fancy misters and bubblers, even a cup of plain water will usually root cuttings.

Tried the water thing. Even distilled. Didn't do well. I will keep trying.

Thanks.

I have very successfully taken cuttings and rooted them in just a cup of plain water many times, but it is very slow process. It usually takes atleast 2 weeks and up to 4 weeks to develop a respectable root mass.

I use to do this before I had two rooms, and I did not want these to root too soon because I would have nothing to do with them while my flowering plants were finishing.

It worked out great because I would take them in the second week of flowering and they would be ready to transfer at the same time as the others finished.

Hey Massproducer,

I am a first timer with some beautiful children. Did everything by the book. so far the results are great. Long timer partier. I am a hippie in disguise. When I root in water they seem to wilt a little and die. However, I did make a mistake. I have been using the toppers. Yes or No on that. We are 4th week of flowering. Time to seperate the boys from the girls brfore an accident happens. Tell me, do the boys have a bunch of little white ball shaped balls at the top looking like a cluster. And girls look more like a bloom occuring. I also want to be ready to go with new kids to replace old ones.
Stargazer

i totally agree with Hick, i think one of the most underlooked aspects of cloning is having a very healthy mother/donor plant.

Latest posts

Back