Ever See Something Like This???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcbud

Reaction score
This clone had a small swelling on the stem when I got it. (pic 1) I transplanted it from the 4 inch pot into a gallon and watered it good with small amount b12 stuff. It seemed to take the transplant fine along with the others. Day before yesterday they got their first full watering after the transplant.

Yesterday Morning, I checked the plants. They were fine. At the early evening check this plant was drooping as you see it below. (it was brought upstairs and put under a grow light on the kitchen table) It acts like it is starved for water. The bulb at the soil line looks almost twice the size of when it was transplanted. (there will be an autopsy, to see what is in that bulb shape stem) Seems to me the water possibly is only being taken up to that point and no farther.

Seems I saw something like this somewhere. Looked in my "Medical Marijauna Growers Guide" and couldnt find where I may have seen it there.

So...
anyone ever see something like this???

I dont have much hope for this little girl.

trainwreck 2.JPG

trainwreck 3 sick.JPG

sick trainwreck.JPG

Just slid the soil out of the container, and the roots were growing good since the transplant. Made it all the way to the edges of the container.

I can't remember what kind but some type of worm/grub will eat your stems from the inside out and leave a bulge like that. I'm not saying thats what it is but it's the only time i've ever saw a stem like that.

bombbudpuffa said:
I can't remember what kind but some type of worm/grub will eat your stems from the inside out and leave a bulge like that. I'm not saying thats what it is but it's the only time i've ever saw a stem like that.
on that note you should cut it open,check it out and give us a report.im highly interested in the cause behind this.

There's gotta be something growing in there....:bongin:
Whatever it is, it's keeping nutrients and water from reaching the rest of the plant....

Gonna give it one more day (if we can keep our hands off it for that long), before the "Autopsy". Thanks for the response. I will post some pics of the "Autopsy".
Thanks for taking a look all...

and Bomb....I am sure I saw a pic of this somewhere, and I seem to remember about a grub or something causing this kind of thing.
and Cowboy, the growth tips on this poor girl are pretty dried out....and I really dont want to get the cloner out. So she wont be cloned.

you should clone for experimental sake,one of those tops should be good enough.
EDIT:well in the first pic they do of course,not so sure bout the rest.

When weed bends or breaks it tries to repair itself at that spot and in doing so usually forms a big bump/knot thing like you have there. I get big bumps like that in my stems if I ever have to bend em down, though water always seems to travel though them fine for me. I bet a big fat blunt that when you autopsy it, all you find is hardened plant tissue, stem probably bent and just couldn't repair itself correctly, tried real hard though it looks like...

I have to agree. I have seen some pretty weird things on tree trunks,,and the tree was just fine. My bet is that WEED will be just fine.;)

thats awful, it looks like she's a snake thats eaten a horse lol.

she still the same tcbud?

This morning she is still drooping. Have to run a quick charge on my camera batteries, should be a couple hours and I will have the camera ready.

There is one leaf tho, actually looks like it is getting water. Also the stems that are curled over drooping dont seem to be getting worse. But, that does not say much. One leaf is actually dried crisp.

I should have measured the circumfrence of the bulge yesterday, I swear it looks bigger.

Mr. TCVG, what are you actually saying??? California Sun Inside Marijauna Plant????

Turned off the light last night on the lil' Trainwreck.

1. A shot of the offending "bulb".
2. Her root system was growing real good. There was sign of it all the way to the pot and beginning to wrap around.
3. When pushing the knife into the "bulb" it was quite hard. Hard like cutting into a winter squash. The interior was as hard as the outside.
4. I cut a wedge out of the "bulb".

Still have no idea what was happening here. There was no sign of any kind of larva or insect. The stem was starting to shrink above the bulb.

The facts-

1. Bought with the slight swell on her. Many sites for clones I thot because she was leaning over.
2. Transplanted into a gallon container. Watered with B12 solution.
3. 5-6 days later watered. Soil pretty dry before that.
4. Within 12 hours plant starting to droop.
5. She was cloned in a rockwool cube

My father passed yesterday after a long and productive life. He lived on his own untill last August, He was 84. He will be missed greatly.

a sick train 1.JPG

a sick train 4.JPG

a sick train 2.JPG

autopsy 3.JPG

Latest posts

Back