Test Run / 1st Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well folks here is my weekly update...It has been a wild and wacky week thats for sure. My dog got into the grow room again :mad: , oops my fault (I fell asleep and left the closet open)! My crazy dog still managed to get under the panda film and into the grow box, luckily she only chewed one plant and even luckier she effectively topped it for me even though she did chew one other fan leaf. I translpanted two of the plants that had originally been planted with too little soil, and I had a bout with browning leaves on
another plant. Needless to say it was a trying week but I got through it with no major damage, all the babies are doing well plus all four of my Misty seeds sprouted and are doing good. Here are the pics:

The first 2 pics are the lot of them, they are really getting bushy now:D
(One of the pics shows my homemade flow thru ventilation, I will post how I made it in growbox design)

Pics 3 and 4 are of the plant I have had some trouble with browning leaves, I pruned the bottom leaves off and it seems to be doing fine, this plant smells super skunky and is the only one of four from the bagseed grow that smells this way.

Pics 5 and 6 are of the plant that gave me some problems early on but is now doing great, it has some brown spots but those have been there for over a week with no progression and I believe it was from nute splashing, this plant is doing great.

Pics 7 and 8 are of the plant that was my numero uno chica, this is also the plant that got effectively topped by my dog. It now has two real healthy shoots growing from the top along with nice shoots growing from each node. It is missing one of the big fan leaves since my dog ate it:eek: .

Pics 9 and 10 are of my runt who is doing well but is pretty small for 4 weeks. Hopefully she will catch up.

The last 2 pics are of my 4 new Misty babies, these are from Nirvana seeds and I germed 4, all 4 cracked and all 4 sprouted and they are growing well. I will start and new journal on them.

Hope you enjoy all the pics and please send some green mojo my way so that hopefully this week will be much more uneventful (except for massive new growth) than last!!

Peace Out and GG

P1000562.JPG

P1000561.JPG

P1000556.JPG

P1000559.JPG

P1000565.JPG

P1000566.JPG

P1000567.JPG

P1000568.JPG

P1000569.JPG

P1000570.JPG

P1000563.JPG

P1000564.JPG

To all the experienced growers on this site:

In your experience when is the soonest you have seen pre-flowers?

My plants are about 5 weeks old and I think 2 of them started showing pre flowers today! :D I am really not sure though it may be just the start of a new shoot. However it really looks much more like a female pre-flower, also my biggest plant now has alternating nodes and is exactly 5 weeks old (the alternating nodes have appeared on the 2 new shoots that came up after the plant was topped).

I appreciate your responses! I will probably know for sure in a week or so, I just got a little excited this morning when I saw the new growth.

Peace Out an GG! :cool:

DillaWilla said:
To all the experienced growers on this site:

In your experience when is the soonest you have seen pre-flowers?

My plants are about 5 weeks old and I think 2 of them started showing pre flowers today! :D I am really not sure though it may be just the start of a new shoot. However it really looks much more like a female pre-flower, also my biggest plant now has alternating nodes and is exactly 5 weeks old (the alternating nodes have appeared on the 2 new shoots that came up after the plant was topped).

I appreciate your responses! I will probably know for sure in a week or so, I just got a little excited this morning when I saw the new growth.

Peace Out an GG! :cool:
Whats up DW. I have had pre flowers show at 3 1/2 weeks and as late as 7 weeks before. Usually pre flowers show at about 4 to 6 weeks old so you are right there my friend.

Thats really good to know TBG, thanks for the quick response! I am really excited now to get home from work and check them out.

WOW DW, To be honest I am a lazy stoner and havent taken the time to read a lot of the stuff on this site however I do like your pixs and detailed posts so I guess I am trying to say thank you for helping me to learn the, lazy way. Just kidding but not really. Peace out good luck with the BUSHES!:D

Mmmm... just be sure. There is no harm in waiting until you are sure of sex. I have had balls hanging out like a lockeroom and no pollination.

Personally I just wait about 10-14 days into the 12/12.

Hey Guys, here is my weekly update:D

Well all the plants are doing great, I transplanted all of them into 3 gal containers where they will stay until they get harvested. One had to be flushed due to nute burn, but all are doing damn good. All four of them have alternating nodes and all I believe are starting to show pre-flowers but I cant tell for what sex yet. I will be putting them on 12/12 Thursday for the 6 week birthday. I also topped the 3 that were not previously topped they day I transplanted them and they are all really bushing out. Well I am not gonna talk much this time so enjoy the pics:D :

P1000594.JPG

P1000605.JPG

P1000586.JPG

P1000588.JPG

P1000589.JPG

P1000590.JPG

P1000591.JPG

P1000592.JPG

P1000593.JPG

P1000587.JPG

Whats going on DW. Your babies are looking great. I see they are getting nice and bushy for ya. I hope they are all female. Here is some GREEN MOJO for ya. :D

D-Dub whats up buddy. I see you smoke the minty green as well. Not as good for you though but a simular relaxing effect. As for your little GIRL'S they look like they are starting to develop in all the right area's. I think and hope that they will miture into beautiful, voluptuous, BUSHIE, women.

Well Guys here is an update...I'm Gonna throw up a few pics for you all:D I am getting my HPS tomorrow so all 4 of the big ones will be put into 12/12. This was a bagseed grow so I didnt expect much and unfortunately didnt get much...I know pre-flowers are not 100% accurate however based on what I see I only have one female out of four:( The plants are 8-9 weeks old so all our sexually mature and have distinct pre-flowers. Oh well hopefully the 1 girl will produce good buds and my 4 misty plants are 3 weeks old and kicking ass I will start another journal on those, so only about 4 more weeks until those go to flower so in about 2 months I should be in good shape:D I am going to keep it going on a perpetual garden so the herbs will be flowing:D Anyhow here are the pics

The 1st Pic is the lot of them (4 bagseed plants at 8-9 weeks, 4 Misty plants at 3 weeks)

Pics 2, 3 and 4 are of of the definite girl :D (pre-flowers with pistils showing)

Pic 5 is an attempt at a close up at the pre-flower (not a good pic)

Pics 6 and 7 are the renegade boys (all 3 have distinct looking "balls" as pre-flowers...totally opposite of the one thats a "girl")

I will still flower them all for a couple weeks to be sure and just to get the experience...However I patiently waiting on Mistress Misty to bring me some kind herb....

Enjoy the Pics

P1000606.JPG

P1000608.JPG

P1000609.JPG

P1000610.JPG

P1000613.JPG

P1000616.JPG

P1000617.JPG

Wow DW your babies have definatly grown up. I hope you get more than just one female out of the four but One really is all you are going to need. At least untill your Mistys are harvested. Good look and good grow.

Yea Kindmind it kinda sucks that it is looking like only one female but hey they are from some bagseed regs that I got and Im just glad they are all still alive male or female that shows something. If it is only one girl though I am sure she will make her daddy proud...Like I said above hopefully Ms. Misty will bless me with a full garden of luscious superb herb...Peace Out and GG

are you keeping the misty's in the same 12/12 with your oldest?

Nope the 4 bagseed plants are going into 12/12 under a 400 watt HPS in the flower room and the 4 Misty plants will stay under the 400 watt MH in the veg room.

D-Dub Good point I guess being that this thread is titled Test run, that is just what it is and I agree being that they are still alive speaks volums to your greenthumbness. But I will still hope you get more females bag seed or not

GL GG

Latest posts

Back