New Grow Room Design Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ross

Reaction score
So I am trying to design my grow rooms to fit in one closet that's about 7 feet deep and 6 feet wide. For the flowering room I plan on using a 600W HPS with dimensions roughly 4'x3' that I will flower 6 plants in at a time. I am trying to decide if I want to use 4 4' T5's or 6 4' T5's in the veg room. With 4 of them the veg room dimensions will be about 48"x16", or 5.3 sqft. With 6 T5's the veg room dimensions will be about 48"x22", or 7.3 sqft. I am pretty sure that you need more than 12 sqft to flower plants you grew in 7.3 sqft, so would I be better off going with the 4 T5's?

Yo Ho ross,

I think for the given space, that you will do very well with 4T5's, but your question has a hidden trap in it. No one here would ever say yeah, four bulbs is enough, (it is but) everyone knows that you really can't have enough light. Your dabbling with a thing that will drive reason from your life. Growing is addictive big time, and before you know it you will start to drop beads of sweat every time you see some pic that has a wicked light setup. I know I attend growers recovery programs, LOL Some even suggest that you never get your hands dirty, but personally I need my fix of dirt to play with and fertilizer to smell, as well as the plant Ha-Ha. Your going to be fine, and it sounds like your off to a great start. You will love what those T5's do for vegging.
Remember with that 600 Watt HPS your gonna create heat, and lots of it, so venting will be important. You might consider a way to use the warmed air from the flower section to move to the vegging section and then out. Your going to be adjusting this and that and tweaking things here and there. Last thing is run the entire system a good couple of days and look for light leaks, safe temps and all those other fun worries.
Can't wait to hear and see more from you.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna:cool:

i think i am going to go with 4 because it will fit better and be less watts. all in all the op will be less than 1000W. also, does anyone know about how many watts an 8" fan would use on a low setting?

Killertea08 said:
I think an 8in fan barley pull an amp dude.
1A*120V=120W, thats way too high, even a quarter of that would be way high. or maybe i'm way high.

Latest posts

Back