OCCG Hydro - Round 2 - OG Kush

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you think the final dry weight's gonna be?

• Under 1lb

• 1.0 - 1.25lb

• 1.25 - 1.5lb

• 1.5 - 1.75lb

• Over 1.75lb

Results are only viewable after voting.

occg.hydro

CA Prop. 215 Patient
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm back! Spent the last few months teaching snowboard lessons, now it's back to work. If you followed my last journal I've made a few changes since. I replaced the 7,000 BTU air conditioner with a 14,000 BTU unit that only uses 100w more. It's waaaaay more efficient. I've re-done the ducting so that I don't have to deal with hot air blowing in to my room any more. Same as last time, the intake's HEPA filtered & the exhaust runs through a carbon scrubber. I washed down the walls with a mild bleach solution & sprayed the room with pyrethrin (sp?). This time instead of using just the expanded clay I added 6" rockwool hugo blocks & put the clay around them in the 10" mesh pots. Other than that I think everything else is the same. 9 plants, drip system, 1000W MH for veg & 1000W HPS for flower. I'll be running the same nutes, AN 2 part, & using RO water. The room's all set up and ready to go, I'm just waiting on clones. Later this week I'll be picking up 9 OG Kush SFV cut's.
The complete list of gear is still posted on my last grow journal so if your curious check out the first post of that one. Now that I'm done with all the clean up I'm gonna sit back and burn a spliff of some sour diesel and wait for the pics to upload. Enjoy!

DSCN0021.jpg

DSCN0022.jpg

DSCN0024.jpg

DSCN0026.jpg

DSCN0027.jpg

DSCN0028.jpg

DSCN0029.jpg

DSCN0030.jpg

DSCN0031.jpg

DSCN0032.jpg

DSCN0033.jpg

Hey guys, I picked up clones today from a collective in Malibu. Pretty legit spot. I got 7 Sour D x OG Kush and 2 Master Kush. I really didn't want to grow two strains at the same time again but oh well. They're pretty decent looking clones. I'm going with the AN feeding schedule so right now they're at pH 5.6 & ppm 250. Next week they get upped to 500. If anybody has any questions or suggestions I'd love to hear them. I'll try to do weekly photo updates like I did on the last journal so stay posted for more.

DSCN0036.jpg

DSCN0037.jpg

DSCN0038.jpg

DSCN0039.jpg

DSCN0040.jpg

DSCN0041.jpg

DSCN0042.jpg

DSCN0043.jpg

DSCN0044.jpg

DSCN0045.jpg

DSCN0046.jpg

DSCN0048.jpg

dude, your grow gave me a lot of inspiration, particularly in the amount of detail you put into it, im a freak when it comes to doing things the right way, so yeah, ill def be following this, coming off a little hiatus myself, fist grow ever got just over a pound off 8 plants so i was happy, not to mention stoned for the last two months straight, be checkin ya from time to time, gonna get my seatbelt fastened for this one, hydro is so fast!

Good looking setup, with strains i plan on having in my garden shortly. ill be :bong: :watchplant:

Thanks Bonez! yeah dude, people say that hydro's difficult but really it's just all about attention to detail. I figure the more neurotic you are about eliminating extraneous variables the better chance you have of keeping everything under control. That filter's actually not an automotive filter, it's a 6" organic HEPA filter, specifically designed for greenhouses. I'm sure there's probably something else on the market that would do the same thing for cheaper but this one's washable, reusable, etc...

I agree, and i think money holds most back. I designed my grow room that i want, problem is, its gonna set me back about 8 grand, and this only a 2x600w grow. But ive got it calculated to be fully automated, when i can, im going hydro with clones from a momma, that way they can all be in the same nute bath and i can have some control. But you dont have to spend money to be attentive and observant, two of the biggest downfalls i see on this site with growers, god i love researching. Keep it up man, i love how dialed your grow is, mines getting there, but my life is so crazy right now its kinda hard, its not really the money, but the time and energy. Something i dont have when im stoned, lol.

for sure dude, the money thing's a big issue for most people. I have over 4k invested just in this one room not including bills and clones. It's definitely time consuming but it's worth every bit of work you put in to it. I'm with you, I think a lot of people starting out underestimate how much attention to detail is needed to really do things right. There's a steep learning curve for sure. I've been using a spare cabinet I have as a clone room and I'm thinking about turning it in to a small veg room. As soon as these plants are big enough to start pruning I'm going to cut some clones and start some mothers. The cabinets I've got are longer than they are tall so I'm going to experiment with doing some LST and growing the moms sideways. We'll see how it works out. If I can pull it off it'd make things a lot more efficient as opposed to having to go buy more clones every time I harvest.

hey guys. thought I'd drop by and give a little update. The clones look like they've rooted in to the rockwool plugs and they're starting to make some good growth. One of the tiny ones wilted after I put it in the 6" block so I tossed a humidity dome over it and sprayed it with some carbonated water. 24 hours later it perked back up so I took the dome off and now it's doing fine. Other than that all of them are showing an inch or two of new growth. I'll post pics on saturday to show the difference. So far I'm very happy with how I've got the system dialed in this time. No problems with temperature, pH drift, algae, etc. PPM stays at 250 until saturday when I dump the reservoir. Then it gets upped to 500ppm, should start seeing some really good growth next week.

Awesome stuff! I always love the way these plants look when they are young. I am awaiting the outcome :D

hey occ, click the link in my sig for my setup, about the same as yours in dimensions as far as plant layout, square of 9, but i am running the same variables as you, just in soil. And i have a little less control over temps, not that they arent fine, but i have to manually do it.

nice setup oc. hydro. lik'in it much. gotta love the kush. grab'in up my seat if you don't mind.:cool: ...bb...

Ok guys, we're at the end of week one and everything is looking good. I've got one plant that's struggling a little bit (bad clone to begin with but oh well). It just needs to grow some more leaves. I'm a little hesitant to up the nutes right now b/c that one plant's still pretty small. I'm going to wait until day 10 and then up them to 500ppm. Hopefully in the next 2-3 days the root system on that one straggler will catch up a little and it won't get nute burn. I've started spraying with neem oil twice a week and it's made a really nice difference in the way the leaves look. No problems with mold/insects but I figured I might as well take preventative measures other than pyrethrum. Pics 3 & 5 are the master kush and the rest of them are the SD x OG.

DSCN0001.jpg

DSCN0004.jpg

DSCN0005.jpg

DSCN0006.jpg

DSCN0007.jpg

DSCN0008.jpg

DSCN0009.jpg

DSCN0010.jpg

DSCN0011.jpg

DSCN0012.jpg

DSCN0013.jpg

Latest posts