Eastern Australia First Grow Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smoko

Ignored Member
Reaction score

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Looks like a sativa strain and looking healthy. Are you eventually going to put it out in the australian sunshine? Your plant would absolutely LOVE all the sun you guys get over there. Keep us posted smoko.

There's ways of keeping it short, like your son said, you could flower sooner, or you could top the plant so it doesn't grow up and up and up like an x-mas tree. I'd put your little baby under the sun for as long as you can. It would grow faster with the extra light. But it is a good idea to keep them indoors until they are strong and established so you know you won't lose your precious plant(s).

Yep, your little baby will be fine under the flouro for now, heck, probably even for the next couple of weeks BUT you will notice some stretching as it grows under the lone light. If you're thinking about growing indoors, great! But nothing beats the sunshine. But outdoors you have risks involved like people seeing it, pests and whatnot. Indoor growing is really safe in my opinion.

I've seen amazing stuff grown in the sun over there, some great potential where you are :).

Does your soil already have nutrients in it? Most manufacturers already have some form of nutes in the soil. I know that if this is the case for you, you won't need nutes until at least after a month. But who knows, maybe your plant will like the light dose of nutes you give it. Just be careful not to kill it ;).

Good idea, let her strengthen up a bit before she goes out in the wild for a bit. I'd say you probably wont need to apply any nutes for a while yet.

Smoko said:
Yeah altho tempted to give her some proper light, at this stage if the flouro will do, then I'm goin with that for now.

Is there any way I can induce strenthening of the main stem, or is that something that just comes with age?

Cheers

I experienced the same thing. I had them in the humid box for the first 4 or 5 days over the weekend, and when I came home, they had stretched real bad.

From what ive read, this is how they will permanently be. They will not grow thicker (than usual) to compensate for the stretch, so itd be best to either harvest smaller, or use some support (which is what ive done)

Someone suggested a plant yoyo, looks really cool, and easy. They are also pretty cheap, but right now, ive just got em supported on my drip stakes (not pretty, but its working)

Pc fans are extremely easy to hook up. They are a great way of keeping flouros cool and providing some air flow. Hope all goes well with you wayyyy over in Australia :).

Latest posts

Back