White Widow Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hydrotoker

Reaction score
This is my second attempt at growing. A couple weeks ago I tried growing auto Ak47xautoBB hydroponically but failed tremendously. Because of this I plan on growing in soil this time around. I have 3 maybe four cracked WW seeds in jiffy pellets. I may have had one of my ICE seeds mixed into the four so I may have a surprise later. I plan on keeping these plants small like the autos maybe 2 to 3 ft tall, no more. My growing room 3ft by 2.5 ft. I'm using 400w HPS light from HTG. Plan on transplanting my jiffy pellets into solo cups than to 3 gallon buckets. Since I spent a lot of money on the hydro thing I'm only using the supplies I have on hand. I plan on this grow going a lot before then the last. Wish me luck!

I was planning on swtiching them to 12/12 when they get 10 to 12 inches. They tend to double to triple in size so it should keep me under 3 ft. . Its not as small as the autos. I just meant I was planning on keeping them small. I know this will dramatically decrease the amount produced. I'm still going back and forth with this so I may change my mind. Why grow a little weed if you can grow more weed. Its a dilemma!

Actually, my WW didn't change AT ALL in size after switching to 12 / 12. Strange, because everything I read said they would stretch double or triple, but absolutely nothing. They stayed the same size.

hydrotoker said:
I was planning on swtiching them to 12/12 when they get 10 to 12 inches. They tend to double to triple in size so it should keep me under 3 ft. . Its not as small as the autos. I just meant I was planning on keeping them small. I know this will dramatically decrease the amount produced. I'm still going back and forth with this so I may change my mind. Why grow a little weed if you can grow more weed. Its a dilemma!

2nd day since breaking the soil. 2 of my girls(wishing) are doing well. Had to replace 2 of my seeds so hopefully in a day or 2 they will also pop through the soil. I'm suprised how thick the stems are of these WW.

DSCF4022 (2).JPG

DSCF4023 (2).JPG

DSCF4024 (2).JPG

looking good!
how much height to you have in your grow room?
might want to get some mylar in there, and dont forget to repot them soon enough,

I have 5 1/2 ft to the bottom of a shelf. Minus the light and a safe distance not to burn the plants when they get taller, I'm guessing a total of about 3 to 4 ft. Ive thought about getting some mylar but I'm done with buying stuff for this grow. I'll invest a little more money on my next grow. I just moved them into the solo cups. Planning on moving them into their permanent homes in a week or 2. Thanks for the advice.

Based on UKgirl420 Blue Mystic GJ I've decided to switch my seedlings straight to 12/12. I have 2 WW doing well, 2 more that just broke the surface. I just decided to grow my fem super skunk just to make sure I get a female. I'll do an update with pics in a week or two when things start moving.

swiftgt said:
looking good!
might want to get some mylar in there

looks like he has flat white walls to me ,,so its all good till theres more cash to spare

Good luck Hydrotoker ,,,
ive pulled up my stool to :watchplant:

:48:

Heya Hydrotoker, just curious, how did your hydro grow fail????

hey hydrotoker, just as uk said mylar isn't to big of a deal since you've got flat white paint up. But a cheap way to get your hands on some mylar is to head down and buy one of those first aid safety blankets. All they are is a big sheet of mylar.

Hi Casualgrower. I ultimately think I was to impatient and watered them to much. The hydro(drip) grow made me nervous. I'm sure I'll give it a try again at some point. Think I will start out with the hempy bucket then eventually get to a ebb and flow system. I tried to save the seedlings once I saw things going wrong but no lucky. I was just excited to try the auto AK47 X Auto Blueberry but will have to put that on the back burner.

I only grow hydro style now and I get too impatient on seedlings myself, I am in the process of establishing a few mothers of several strains. I usually try to bump them up too fast with nutes heh, I figure if I find the few seedlings that turn out good with the way I push them, those are the ones I want to keep anyway.....

Once I get to cloning though, GAME ON!!!!... Nothing like growing with mature clones right out of the gate.... That is when my grows take off good... this first part is a lil disheartening heh....

My NL X Big buds still have not crack but my fem Super skunk has. So this grow will only contain 4 WW and a fem Super skunk. Atleast I will have one female in the bunch.=)

White WidowMaker said:
Actually, my WW didn't change AT ALL in size after switching to 12 / 12. Strange, because everything I read said they would stretch double or triple, but absolutely nothing. They stayed the same size.

Same with my WW. I had very little stretch after going 12/12, and at 32 days into 12/12 they're hardly going verticle at all.

Thanks PH. I sure hope mine grows since I switched them to 12/12 about a week into the poppin from the soil. Where did you get your WWs from?

hydrotoker said:
Thanks PH. I sure hope mine grows since I switched them to 12/12 about a week into the poppin from the soil. Where did you get your WWs from?

Marijuanaseeds.com. I went to straight FF feeding schedule and they look great right now. Maybe 33-34". This is what they look like this morning.:D

P1010003.JPG

P1010008.JPG

P1010009.JPG

Looks great. Can't wait to get to that point. I do wish I gave them some time to veg even if it was two weeks. My plants will be small but I'll save the rest of my seeds for when I have a bigger room,

This is my first grow, so wait for more seasoned advice, but I didn't put mine under MH for a week. Started them with flourescent tubes right on top of them.

Latest posts

Back