Caretaker's green thumb

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caretaker

Rx THC
Reaction score
I am starting a journal because I have a few plants that are just a few weeks old so I figured its still early enough to create a journal. My specs are as follows:

I use a 1000w HPS offbrand system. MG soil with the nutes because its easy and cheap and works. I use tap water that sits out atleast 2 days. I do not touch PH because the only time I did my plant had a major issue with the change and it scared me off. My pots are 3 gallon buckets with holes drilled in the bottom and they are sitting in another bucket to catch water. Works great for the wet and dry cycle. I have added some xtra MG nutes in my flowering plants and they like it except for the xtra N that makes them stretch a little bit on the tops. My area is 6x4 which is perfect for my 1000w. Walls are white but not %100 complete. I have walls on 3/4 of the room. I need to do a little more building. I will post pictures in a bit, Just thought I would get a jump start.

So I already can improve on PH, Better reflector, Putting up the other wall for better reflection, Bigger pots, Better soil and nutes. Plus done under 12/12. I am skimming it but coming up with some amazing results I believe. I will post my couple that are almost done and the new ladies. 3 weeks in and out of 15 I have 7 females and 3 unknown. Hopefully that will change when I check again soon and I will have another female or two or three.

So here are my girls. The table has 8 ladies that just showed there hairs and they are 3 weeks old and 2 days. Pulled the couple males in the bunch and are awaiting 1 to tell me sex. The 3 short ones are somewere past 3 months old I would say and will be chopped real soon. And also there is my monster, about 2 and a half months old and gonna be huge. I have a couple close ups to show more detail.

HNI_0022.JPG

HNI_0028.JPG

HNI_0029.JPG

HNI_0030.JPG

HNI_0031.JPG

HNI_0032.JPG

HNI_0034.JPG

HNI_0036.JPG

HNI_0037.JPG

HNI_0038.JPG

very nice caretaker , maybe i should have read your post before i used ph adjusted water that i let sit out for 3 days , boy it didnt like that

Caretaker said:
So here are my girls. The table has 8 ladies that just showed there hairs and they are 3 weeks old and 2 days. Pulled the couple males in the bunch and are awaiting 1 to tell me sex. The 3 short ones are somewere past 3 months old I would say and will be chopped real soon. And also there is my monster, about 2 and a half months old and gonna be huge. I have a couple close ups to show more detail.

Looks good CT. Man, im sitting here high as the sky. When I scrolled down to the pix I just starting laughing. It looks like U had a helluva time trying to load those pix (the pix that's sideways)

The 5th picture is of the plant that didnt like me messing with the PH. The others did fine. But as soon as the leafs on that one started getting all messed up I put down the ph down and just used the water as is. I never had a problem before so I figured I would continue blind. Well like I said those smaller ones are just a couple days over 3 weeks and just started showing hairs. I will throwing those in my 3 gal buckets tomorrow, There final home. The big one is gonna be root bound soon I think. I noticed growth is slowing down a little and I cant even get my fingers in the soil at all without hearing roots break. I am probobly screwed at this point because I doubt it would be good transplanting that. I just hope the trichs come in and get somewhat cloudy first so it will be worth it. I dont want it to stop growing before it can be atleast be hash material.

Man, I cant wait to get started. I hope it works out 4 U with the transplanting. I havent even grown yet. I'm a beginner and didnt have nothing to start with, but 2morrow I found a carpenter whose going to build me a few cabinets.

That looks great! I read earlier that if you use MG anything, you might as well pull the plant and throw it on the compost pile. It appears you have a different story to tell.:)

SherwoodForest said:
That looks great! I read earlier that if you use MG anything, you might as well pull the plant and throw it on the compost pile. It appears you have a different story to tell.:)

Its all about understanding what nutes are in it and what nutes you can add and also how to water with this soil. I water really well then wait till the last second to water again. The soil is usaully pretty dry but not to the point were the plant is drooping. It can happen to where it droops but thats fine I just try to avoid any stress like that. With watering these plants just right they get just the right amount of ferts out of the soil. I have had only a couple plants burn but not alot. And if any other ones do its very very minor. The one thing you have to watch is the high N content. If you add any more from another nute solution than your cola's will stretch and look funny. But I have added a 10-15-10 solution ontop of the soil and had no burn before. But I am just topping off with another MG nute solution right now. But I am looking for something more like a 0-25-10 solution area because I think it would be a perfect balance to avoid the wierd stretch and get some fatter buds. I am afraid of getting any other soil though. I dont mess with PH and it seems whatever I do to this soil it's ph is fine for the plants. They love it as is so I dont wanna change it. If I can get a minimum ounce and a quarter off one plant I dont see a reason to possible screw that up with something new that I dont know how to work with. But I know I will give fox farm a chance but I am still "newer" to the scene so I stay cheap.

Here is a small update. I moved them to buckets, chopped 2 of my flowering girls a little early to make room, They were mostly cloudy. These ladys 1 month celebration is on wedsnday. They are almost a month old, I caint wait till the 3 month mark. I havnt cared for this many lady's ever sence I moved from Utah, Baaaaazing. I also included a pic of a watermelon plant, radish, bachelor buttons and um marigold? Iforget what that bigger one is. It was a gift from a friends neice, She grew it in class. So I decided to give it some xtra care before going outside.

HNI_0039.JPG

HNI_0040.JPG

HNI_0041.JPG

HNI_0042.JPG

HNI_0045.JPG

HNI_0046.JPG

HNI_0047.JPG

HNI_0048.JPG

really choise grow, loving it. looks like you have a thing for indicas too. good job, thanks

Latest posts

Back